Elizabethton vs Pigeon Forge

coaches_corner

Also, about the play with Garrison and Redd...To say this one play wouldnt have made a huge difference in the game is crazy. If i am not mistaken, and correct me if I am, if Redd would have been called for the foul instead of Garrison (which would have been the correct call, admitted by PF and Besty fans both) it would have been Redds 5th foul which would have been huge and it would have sent Garrison to the line for a one-and-one and the opportunity to cut the lead down to 4, that would have been big, but again you must take care of business early so that you dont have to count on calls like that in the end. But yes, that play could have been one of the many plays both ways that would have changed the game. Again good luck to both teams tomorrow night. Take care of business.

825602374[/snapback]

Personally, I thought Garrison fouled Redd twice just across mid court before the ball was ever knocked loose. After the ball was knocked loose, Redd was the first to push, then Garrison.

Two of the officials should not have been on the court for such a game. The other did a good job in letting both teams play thru-out the game. The crew had similar problems in the boys final also. Having been an official for 14 years in Ky, Ga and TN, I also know that is a very tough job in drawing the line between letting them play or calling fouls. I do not profess to being the resident expert, but the game was not called efficiently on either end of the court. BUT, it is very easy to call games from the sidelines. I trully do not appreciate seeing an official call a foul underneath the goal from nearly half court, on a play 10-12 feet in front of another official with a better view. This is a lazy official who is not in position and positioning is a large part of the job. This happened in both games.

Officiating did not change the outcome of the game. Elizabethton took the game to the Tigers and the Tigers did not respond to several of the challenges. PFs guards did a tremendous job, but the inside game did not hold up. The Cylcones defense did.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Lady Tigers Mom:

A little birdie told me that your coach gave Todd Wright a tape of our game with PF.  My guess is Wright (OS coach) gave her a tape of his game against Austin East.  The coaches met at the Sevierville exit off I40 this morning!!  Im serious, ask her about it!  Ask Bri if they watched any Roadrunner tape today!  Im told that Wright then drove to Greene County to get another tape of the Cyclones!! 

There's nothing wrong with this, in fact, it shows what good, dedicated coaches these programs have.

825602274[/snapback]

You weren't kidding about having excellent scouts...does that include P.I.s? :lol:

They actually met at the Sevierville exit.....this morning!!! My, oh my! We've all made the comment "I'd like to have been a fly on that wall," looks like somebody from Carter County has lots of connections! :D

Personally, I thought Garrison fouled Redd twice just across mid court before the ball was ever knocked loose. After the ball was knocked loose, Redd was the first to push, then Garrison.

825602464[/snapback]

If she did, I didn't see it and I watch her pretty close...in fact, closer than any other player on the court. I think she just knocked the ball loose and it seemed that Redd thought it would just roll out of bounds, but when she saw Brianna running for it, she tried to hold her back. As she tried to push her out of the way, she caught hold of Bri's jersey and their arms became entangled. The foul should have been called then, but it wasn't. As they got to the ball, Bri did push her off. Now, at this point, giving the ref the benefit of the doubt that he didn't see Redd's first push, he should have called a double foul if he called anything at all.

Personally, I believe Redd kind of had it in for Bri at that point anyway. Bri had just previously stole the ball from her and prevented her from scoring on a fast break.

On another note, as PF was trying to foul to stop the clock...Redd was ahead of everyone...on another fast break...and Kendra reached to foul her, when she did this, it caused Redd to lose her dribble and she ended up knocking the ball out of bounds. Kendra was actually trying to get the foul at this point, but the ref wouldn't call it. We ended up with the ball because Redd knocked it out of bounds, but this was one of those "missed" calls that actually went our way.

Hey, I am getting here late, but it sounds like you couldn't find a good ref anywhere in NorthEast Tenn last night. From the sound of things it appears that the three at Tenn High calling the GreenEVILle / Jefferson County game must have done ya'lls game first, then came and did ours. LOL!

I have heard they were also Knoxville refs, so it will be interesting to see what we get tomorrow night at Halls.

Good Luck to PF and to Betsy. We have seen both of you this year, and you are getting a well earned chance.

Hey LTM again:

Let me let you in on just how much we are inside the huddle;  the coaches met in the parking lot of the Wendys at the Sevierville exit on I40 around 10 am.  GPS or what?????

My cousin Vinny,,,,,,,,,,,,,

825602893[/snapback]

:angry: You guys are getting downright scary! :( Any famous paparazzi in your family? I thought only the famous had no private life.

Hey, why didn't you come introduce yourself last night? I'm still trying to figure out exactly who you are. Do you have a daughter on the team?

Edited by LadyTigersMom

Thanks RR and LTM. Its refreshing to see fans be fans. And LTM you see way too clearly to be a mom!! You certainly have an objective view of what happened in our game last night and that is rare for a parent. I applaud you and your team; we will be rooting for you tommorrow night at AE. Perhaps we can show people that a couple teams from Region One, other than South Greene, know how to get to the Boro!!