Elizabethton vs Pigeon Forge

coaches_corner

Hey Voice, we dont need no stinking lawyers involved in this!!!!

LTM: I assume you were on the visitors side last night; I suspect I saw you near midcourt but cant be sure; I think we met at our tournament two years ago when yall brought two teams; I am impressed by your program; it was apparent two years ago that your program was very much on the rise; our girls played in your gym as eighth graders two years ago in the sectional; the evil Greene devils beat us in the finals!

Edited by coaches_corner

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If she did, I didn't see it and I watch her pretty close...in fact, closer than any other player on the court.  I think she just knocked the ball loose and it seemed that Redd thought it would just roll out of bounds, but when she saw Brianna running for it, she tried to hold her back.  As she tried to push her out of the way, she caught hold of Bri's jersey and their arms became entangled.  The foul should have been called then, but it wasn't.  As they got to the ball, Bri did push her off.  Now, at this point, giving the ref the benefit of the doubt that he didn't see Redd's first push, he should have called a double foul if he called anything at all. 

Personally, I believe Redd kind of had it in for Bri at that point anyway.  Bri had just previously stole the ball from her and prevented her from scoring on a fast break.

On another note, as PF was trying to foul to stop the clock...Redd was ahead of everyone...on another fast break...and Kendra reached to foul her, when she did this, it caused Redd to lose her dribble and she ended up knocking the ball out of bounds.  Kendra was actually trying to get the foul at this point, but the ref wouldn't call it.  We ended up with the ball because Redd knocked it out of bounds, but this was one of those "missed" calls that actually went our way.

825602668[/snapback]

It was a tough night of officiating. Everyone sees each play differently and from different angles. It was a tough game. Good luck to your Tigers.

CC:

So, did your scout get his scoop yesterday? ;) Maybe he met up with the AE coach at Krystals next door. ;)

I don't know how much good it would do to watch a game tape of PF, they are so unpredictable. One game our post players are all in double digits, the next its our guards. I think we are going to need all 5 in double digits...playing 100%...to keep going next week. It only gets tougher from here on out. We have 2-3 on the bench that are just as capable as our starting 5 and they need to be prepared as well.

Our girls are ready for the Roadrunners and determined to win...so, hopefully we'll see you all next week!

Hey LTM again:

Let me let you in on just how much we are inside the huddle; the coaches met in the parking lot of the Wendys at the Sevierville exit on I40 around 10 am. GPS or what?????

My cousin Vinny,,,,,,,,,,,,,

825602893[/snapback]

I have an idea, maybe Elizabethton should worry about their game tonight instead of worrying about what Pigeon Forge's coach and other coaches in the area are doing. Newsflash: Almost ALL teams exchange films. It's what good coaches who want to get there team prepared do! It's NO BIG DEAL! Hey Betsy, I wonder why Coach Rader from GP was up your way Wednesday night? Maybe some game film on the Forge? I hope you're worrying as much about the Oliver Springs team you wiill face as much as you're worrying about Pigeon Forge. Good luck tonight against OS! Hopefully PF will see you next week.

LTM:

I bet your coach is doing a little scouting today herself.  I betcha she gets a tape of the Roadrunner-Bobcat game from last night.  Somthing tells me that she and Todd Wright will compare notes and trade tapes from last evening. 

I understand the refs we had were from the Knoxville association.  That wont work for the substate so I wouldnt be surprised to see ones from the Chattanooga area.

Good luck Lady Tigers.

825601688[/snapback]

What does it matter about exchanging information? Eliz. has had a scout all year that is being paid by the J.C. Press. Does he turn over all his scouting reports to other teams. If he is getting paid by the paper to cover games everybody should have access to the reports.

I don't think anyone is really trying to imply that our coaches are unethical or anything. Just letting us know how good Betsy's sources are. Remember, they wouldn't have this inside-scoop had their scout not been out doing his job as well. :P

I'm glad we have a coach that is willing to put so much time and effort into winning. She has a dedicated staff and team as well.

LTM:

Youre right some of these posters are so so touchy! I said in my original post that dedicated good coaches do exactly what they were doing; and we were doing for that matter!! The funny thing is that these coaches chose the same time, same exit and same dern parking lot to make their exchanges!!! Twilight zone material. And for the record it was not Austin Easts coach we were meeting.

But there Diamond2, for the record, we are very worried about the Lady Bobcats and have managed to get a little film of them. :P

Im really rooting for the Lady Tigers tonight. Knock those Roadrunners off!!

Orange and Black must still together, at least until next weekend!!