ballfan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Mt. J. starts winning a few Gold balls, people will start hating them too.  It comes with the turf.  Shelbyville fans have learned to live with it.  Had Columbia beat us last night, we would have been loyal to District 8 and rooted for the Lady Lions against Mt. J.  As it is, we might face Mt. J. with no one behind us except Shelbyville fans (everyone wants to see another team other than Shelbyville win the state title), and Mt. J. will be a big favorite to do that.  We'll do our best against Mt. J., but we realize we will be big underdogs, and Mt. Juliet deserves all the credit and national rankings we usually get in other years.  Good luck to both teams.  For now, we have to deal with Oakland - another team that we're underdogs against, and they got CRUSHED by Mt. Juliet.  It's a big mountain in front of these Eaglettes, but they've already climbed a lot higher than anyone could have foreseen after their poor pre-season performance at Play Day.

825599683[/snapback]

Shelbyville doesn't get Mt. Juliet yet.

WILSON CENTRAL LADY WILDCATS!!!!! 42 - 40 in overtime (was 42 - 37 until a long shot at the horn). Central was up by 10 at one time but let the lead slip away. Both teams played good and calls went both ways for both teams. Sara Williams did a great job on Clark but I think she still had about 16 points. She is strong down low. Lots of 3 point plays (shot and foul) for Mt. Juliet. GYM WAS PACKED!! What a game. Bud almost climbed into the stands after the game.

Wildcats also beat Beech in a triller 45 - 40.

WE NOW HAVE 2 REGION BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS (BOYS AND GIRLS FOR 2004 7 2005). thumb

WILSON CENTRAL LADY WILDCATS!!!!! 42 - 40 in overtime (was 42 - 37 until a long shot at the horn).  Central was up by 10 at one time but let the lead slip away.  Both teams played good and calls went both ways for both teams.  Sara Williams did a great job on Clark but I think she still had about 16 points.  She is strong down low.  Lots of 3 point plays (shot and foul) for Mt. Juliet.  GYM WAS PACKED!! What a game.  Bud almost climbed into the stands after the game.

Wildcats also beat Beech in a triller 45 - 40.

WE NOW HAVE 2 REGION BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONSHIPS (BOYS AND GIRLS FOR 2004 7 2005).  thumb

825600660[/snapback]

First off, I'm their #1 fan thumb :o

I thought the game plan was excellent for Wilson Central. They pretty much doubled teamed Clark everytime she got the ball, and Sara was just beating her up inside for possesion. They did a great job containing hudson, and that forced them to go to their other role players, and they did not get the job done tonight. The score was 31-21 but MTJ made it 33-33 going into OT, as WCHS was just cold from free throws and wide open breakaway layup attempts. Coach Brandon did a great job getting them riled up in OT however, and WCHS ended up getting the biggest win in school history over #2 ranked MTJ....national ranked.

The crowd at the end began yelling "overrated," but I think it would be better to say "2nd in the nation "clap clap clap clap clap" WERE NUMBER 1!!!"

Mt. Juliet had 2 3-pointers for the game thats including Pigue's trey at the buzzer.

The difference in the game was Katie O'Connell. She had 15 points and had some big shots from the outside and a good floor game.

Mt. Juliet guard play was off. Normally steady Gibson was not herself at the point. Clark had 16 and McFarlin 10.

Lady Bears had their chances at the end of regulation but shot at the buzzer just wouldn't fall.

I compliment Bud on the biggest victory of his coaching carreer.

I think the lopsided win MJ had against WC in district finals could have had them a little overconfident.

i have to say that my hat goes off to bud tonight on getting his girls ready to play. and did they play. someone could have made a video on how to play a matchup zone tonight. thats probably the best defense ive seen against the lady bears all season. mj tried to make adjustments but it just didnt seem to work. the bears will regroup and head out to hillsboro for a tough sectional game. now that the rankings are done and they have that one loss its time for the girls just to go out and have fun and execute. again central played one heck of a game, best ive seen from them.

CENTRAL......WHAT.....WILDCATS......WHAT......CHS.....YOU KNOW!!! What a win and what a game.....i dont think i have ever gotten as much pleasure out of a win as i did tonight.....TO BEAT THE "INVINCIABLE" LADY BEARS WAS AWESOME.....The coaching staff did a wonderfull job, WC controlled the tempo of the game....Where was Holly Hudson didnt see much out of here.....Tierny Jenkins was the post game tonight she showed she is one of the best post players in the state as did Williams.....Kellie O' Connel, what can i say....and Gassie the leadership wow.....she would have to be probably the best leader in the state no one plays with more heart.....No matter what happens MJ WC is now back to back REGION CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!! i believe that last game served for motivation for the LADY CATS, THE MAILMAN CALLED THIS ONE EVEN THOUGH HE WAS DOUBTED BY MANY HE WAS CORRECT......HARD TO BEAT A TEAM 4 TIMES AND WE WON WHEN IT COUNTED.....I HOPE NONE OF THE MJ FANS COMMITED SUICIDE IT WAS LOOKING PRETTY GRIM OVER THERE....FIRST REGION NEXT STOP IS SUBSTATE AGAINST FRANKLIN LETS GO CATS.....ENJOY THE BEARMEAT thumb

Great job by the Brandon boys tonight.......had a perfect gameplan and executed it almost to complete perfection. The jenkins girl definatly had her career game tonight, and O'Connell shot the ball well...hats off to WC tonight. Gassie continues to amaze me everytime i see her play--she has a certain awareness and calmness about her. As for MJ, well i think that mighta been the worst they coulda played this year...due in part to Central's game, dont get me wrong, but only 2 3's the entre game with one being a heave at the end?????????? i look for MJ to rebound strongly saturday night against a good Hillsboro team. Good luck to WC and MJ and hopefully we will see em matched up for a 5th time for the gold ball!!