STUDENT ATHLETES

b-ballnut

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year's Valedictorian at Smith County High School is Kellye Dawson, played four years of basketball...and still excelled in the classroom...a beautiful girl...inside and out...

Last year's Valedictorian was Jacky King, Jr....played four years of football...and still excelled in the classroom...a gentleman through and through...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This year's Valedictorian from Gordonsville High School is Miss Rachel Gentry. U can't really say enough about her. She has played varsity basketball and softball, where she has started for all four years and played varsity volleyball for two years. Rachel excelled in all of these sports. She was the 2005 J.L. Bass Memorial MVP in basketball and the 2005 MVP in volleyball....softball season has only begun, who knows what else lies ahead! Rachel is one of these people that u don't come across very often..(and i'm not only saying this b/c she's my cousin! thumb ). She will truly be missed around the halls of GHS after graduation!!!

• 6 months later...
Guest thedragon

I heard at the last Polk County Football game that

Candace Webb a 4 year basketball player is the top in the Class this year and will possibly be the Valedictorioan

Edited by thedragon

Brooke Levister of dresden graduated i think 4th in her class with a 28 on her act....played in the Tennessee all star basketball game and now attends Rhoads College in memphis and is currently studing to become a Pharmasists (sp)...which is IMO one of the best college's in the country next to Ivy League...just a great all-around-girl B)

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Thompson graduated from Alcoa last year as valedictorian, he had a 35 on his act and was and lettered 4 years in wrestling and soccer, and was a captain for 2 years. He now attends Annapolis Naval Academy on a full ride. He was Mr. Alcoa and for good reason, he is one of the most achieving student athletes i have seen.

Edited by alcoa11905

Townsend Hyatt and Casey Corbitt both have 4.0 GPA's and have both played sports all 4 years of high school. Townsend plays Basketball, Baseball, and Golf. Casey plays Basketball, and Volleyball. Both are great kids, great personalities. They attend Waverly Central High School, and both recieved the High School Heisman....Congrts kids

• 4 weeks later...

He has his on thread on the football board, but I thought I would mention him here. Wilson Cates is at the top when it comes to student athletes. He is a great role model and a great Christian. He his also a great student. The last I heard he was right at a 4.0 and I think he wants to be a doctor. And I am sure everyone knows how good of an athlete he is.