STUDENT ATHLETES

b-ballnut

He has his on thread on the football board, but I thought I would mention him here. Wilson Cates is at the top when it comes to student athletes. He is a great role model and a great Christian. He his also a great student. The last I heard he was right at a 4.0 and I think he wants to be a doctor. And I am sure everyone knows how good of an athlete he is.

Well the way I saw him play football I believe it says a lot about his will and determination...I do wish him the best???He's playing basketball right??

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter got a B in driver's ed so that messed up her chances of graduationg with a 4.0. <_<:thumb: She wrecked her first car the semester after she took driver's ed. Maybe she should have received something lower than a B. :angry:

She graduated with a 3.98 and was top of her class.

She played basketball for 3 years and softball for 5 (started in 8th grade).

Edited by crazyvolfan

Casey Corbitt recieved the award for the wendys high school heisman for the southeast region. She is a beautiful girl inside and out. Great personality, and my mistake, she play basketball, volleyball, and softball, all 4 years cept volleyball, we have only had it for 2 or 3

Which high school does Casey attend?

Congrats to Casey!

Well the way I saw him play football I believe it says a lot about his will and determination...I do wish him the best???He's playing basketball right??

I believe Mr. Cates is going to attend Princeton in the fall...this young man spent several minutes talking to my boy before the Smith Co-Livingston game...and was a gentleman through and through...This is one time that I will shout...HOGEYE HOGEYE!!!

I believe Mr. Cates is going to attend Princeton in the fall...this young man spent several minutes talking to my boy before the Smith Co-Livingston game...and was a gentleman through and through...This is one time that I will shout...HOGEYE HOGEYE!!!

Yeah I read about that on the football forum the other day that he was attending Princeton...I wish him the best...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I feel that Jenna Bartsokas is an excellent example of a student-athlete. She ranks in the top 10 of her class and is always respectful--not just towards teachers but towards everybody she meets. Additionally, she is an outstanding basketball player (though she was forced to sit out this past varsity season after transferring). She is an exemplary leader both on and off the court.

• 7 months later...

I think this is such a great topic! We have a number of our girls basketball team that are in the honor court, the top 10 of their class. They also are in the top 6 or 7 on the team.

The one that comes to mind first is Rachel Lockhart #11, a starter for Sequatchie County Lady Indians she is a sophomore this year, she had 21 points in the game the other night aginst Grundy County. She consistently scores in the double, rebounds in the doubles, assist are 8-10 per game has been more but not consistent enought to mention. Has been stright A student always. She is an Outstanding player as well as student.

Rachel is hoping to play for a college somewhere, just not sure where yet. :thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to add Hauns Brereton from Bartlett High School to this list. Hauns is an exceptional athelete averaging over 20 ppg. He is also the leading rebounder for his team.

Hauns is exceptional off the court as well. He is ranked number 6 in his class of over 350 students. Hauns is active in his church. He also is an Eagle Scout. His Eagle Scout project was unique. His project was a historical trail through the Bartlett Historic district. He prepare brochure's that can be picked up at the Bartlett Chamber of Commerce and other places through out the city. For more information about his project click the following link:

http://www.bartlettexpress.com/articles/20...ews/04trail.txt

It is Hauns contributions off the court as well as on the court that has Ivy League schools as well as other prestigious universities looking at him.