District 7a?

Thanks for the info!

By the way, Clay picked up its first win, beating Jackson County 9-4 tonight. McLerran came in in relief and struck out all eight batters he faced, after Timmy Keys pitched the first three-plus innings. Keys had three hitless innings to start, had a little trouble in the fourth, but got the win.

McLerran also hit his second homer of the season, a shot to dead center.

825626721[/snapback]

Timmy Key did pitch good. Jackson Co. pitched a freshman he did pretty good for his first time pitching at the high school level. I guess if Jackson Co. would of brought in their ace for this non district game the score would of stayed 6-4, which was the score when McLerran came in.

Hey dawgwriter whats the deal with your coach, having Andrew Campbell playing 3rd and then SS when he has a hurt arm? I know that he is scheduled for a MRI on Wednesday. While McLerran was pitching there was a ground ball hit to short and it looked like Andrews arm was hurting after he made the throw. Clay Co coach should have him DH or play second instead of having him making those long throws across the infield.

Good luck to Clay Co. the rest of the season.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we, RBS, can start hitting the ball we'll be up there w/ everyone else...right now our bats are struggleing, and we really have 1 or 2 people that is really making good contact with the ball...Heady pitched the other night against jackson co for 5 innings and Pitched really well...we did lose a lot last year, but if we can get this crew hitting the ball we should be alright...

Edited by swanson71

Timmy Key did pitch good. Jackson Co. pitched a freshman he did pretty good for his first time pitching at the high school level. I guess if Jackson Co. would of brought in their ace for this non district game  the score would of stayed 6-4, which was the score when McLerran came in.

Hey dawgwriter whats the deal with your coach, having Andrew Campbell playing 3rd and then SS when he has a hurt arm? I know that he is scheduled for a MRI on Wednesday. While McLerran was pitching there was a ground ball hit to short and it looked like Andrews arm was hurting after he made the throw.  Clay Co coach should have him DH or play second instead of having him making those long throws across the infield.

Good luck to Clay Co. the rest of the season.

825626978[/snapback]

Coach MacDaniel is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. He is funny to watch though! I knew him when his son played with me at JC. I can't believe any one would give this guy a job. The other night he dropped to the ground while coaching at third like he was going to do pushups! No coach in the area likes him and he is the laughing stock of the upper cumberland.

Clay has the best two pitchers in the distirct with Matt and Andrew. If Andrews arm isn't too badly injured, they should do great in the district tourney unless their coach screws them up down the stretch. Good bats and great pitchers but no brains in the dugout. Doesn't look very good for the dawgs. Better luck next season if Campbell is out as a pitcher.

Look for Monterey to win it all just because of coaching. The top coach in the district has been Looper and he will pull them through again. Anyone can finish in the number two and three spot and I wouldn't count Pickett out just yet!

That's how I see it from the boro.

I heard a story from a reporter in Cookeville that the Clay Co coach got into a shouting match with an umpire or coach at some game this year. Did any one hear about this and if so where did it happen?

825627895[/snapback]

Impossible! There is no way that a respectable and quiet Christian man like that would ever yell at anyone. Right? :ph34r: I don't believe a word of it!

Somebody please tell me where the fish are biting up on Dale Hollow cause I can't find em! :ph34r:

Edited by caesar

Impossible! There is no way that a respectable and quiet Christian man like that would ever yell at anyone. Right?  B)  I don't believe a word of it!

Somebody please tell me where the fish are biting up on Dale Hollow cause I can't find em!  ;)

825627927[/snapback]

They are biting in coves and in swallow water, or atleast they will be soon. Try around some willow trees. They'll be spawning here in a couple of weeks and the swallow coves , they won't be able to resist biting.

Coach MacDaniel is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. He is funny to watch though! I knew him when his son played with me at JC. I can't believe any one would give this guy a job. The other night he dropped to the ground while coaching at third like he was going to do pushups! No coach in the area likes him and he is the laughing stock of the upper cumberland.

Clay has the best two pitchers in the distirct with Matt and Andrew. If Andrews arm isn't too badly injured, they should do great in the district tourney unless their coach screws them up down the stretch. Good bats and great pitchers but no brains in the dugout. Doesn't look very good for the dawgs. Better luck next season if Campbell is out as a pitcher.

Look for Monterey to win it all just because of coaching. The top coach in the district has been Looper and he will pull them through again. Anyone can finish in the number two and three spot and I wouldn't count Pickett out just yet!

That's how I see it from the boro.

825627036[/snapback]

its all about the politics in clay co and he plays it well at least that is what im told

They are biting in coves and in swallow water, or atleast they will be soon. Try around some willow trees. They'll be spawning here in a couple of weeks and the swallow coves , they won't be able to resist biting.

825628022[/snapback]

Bill Dance, you guys had only a couple wins year before last to going to the Reg. tourn. for the first time in five years last season. I think coaching WILL be a factor this season. Did this coach play in college or have previous hs coaching experience? Your not holdin a grudge against last years coach for some reason are you?!?! ;)

Bill Dance, you guys had only a couple wins year before last to going to the Reg. tourn. for the first time in five years last season.  I think coaching WILL be a factor this season.  Did this coach play in college or have previous hs coaching experience?  Your not holdin a grudge against last years coach for some reason are you?!?! B)

825628163[/snapback]

Mr. Polesit, you have no idea how many wins we had year before last, we didn't make it to the region year before last, we made it last year which is probably farther than you made it. We havewon 3/4 of our games the last two years, winning atleast 14 games each year. No one wins a couple of games and makes it to the region how dumb can you be to believe that. Our Coach played in high school and knows more than any other coach we had had in 4 yrs.He'll be the third best coach in the district behind looper and rbs' coach. Yeah I've held a grudge against brooks for two years, he's a trainer not a coach, and i think he needs to start acting like it.If you want to know why you go ask him yourself.

Well catchpc, I guess since he was a trainer then there's NO POSSIBLE WAY HE COULD KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASEBALL!!!! I did hear he played in college and believe he played AAA high school ball for a team that does have a tradition of success.... And no, if you read closely I didn't mean that you only had a couple of wins and made it to Reg.... What I was getting at was that PC had minimal success until last year when your NON-BASEBALL KNOWLEDGABLE TRAINER got YOU to the REGION TOURNMENT. B)

its all about the politics in clay co and he plays it well at least that is what im told

825628086[/snapback]

I met him at a couple of football games and I saw him at one baseball game. He may be one of the strangest, most self-absorbed teachers/coaches I have ever met or talked tried to carry on a conversation with. We were total strangers (me and two dads from Smithville who met him) and all he did was "name drop" for five or so minutes. I can see why he would get along with those people in Clay County.