Grace

gracekeeper12

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Grace play in a couple of years but I would say that they have a good chance of doing well. I don't know who they lost but with you in the net they will have a chance to keep the score down in most ever game. Just don't get hurt. Jon Moss is probably one of the best scorers in town and from what I remember, David Rowland is a great athlete. Taylor Kidwell is also a very good athlete/player. I would expect that there are a bunch of other tough players on the team but I would also expect that the bench is a bit less deep. If you can keep your players healthy you will probably have a decent year. It will be fun to see how it all turns out. Best of luck.

Guest GraceDAD

To all the Grace players -- ya'll did a good job Monday night against ND. I think you'll admit there are some areas you can work on, BUT you made a good showing! Considering the hype about ND and the ranking they have in the city, the game wasn't entirely a blow out.

After all, the first goal they made wasn't a "text book" strategically run play. In fact, it kind of look like there was more luck involved than skill (not that ND isn't a skilled team....they are).

The PK, in my opinion, was just plain wrong, or at least the circumstances leading up to it. Jon Moss, you made a great attempt to stop it....just to even get a hand on it was a feat in itself. Good for you!

Don't get me wrong, when it's all said and done...it still goes down in the books as 2-0 ND. Just remember guys, the fact that the "almighty ND" didn't give you a "stompin" SHOWS that you can hold your own against anyone you play this year. I for one, would like to see you have the opportunity to play them again.

Anyway, GOOD JOB GRACE! I think you're going to have a great year. By the way, good job to the freshmen who played last night...I think they stepped up and are going to be a solid core for the team in the years to come.

Just my opinion.

I don't know all the circumstances, and I am sure the Sanchez yellow was questionable, but how can a hand ball in the box be just plain wrong? It's a hand ball... It's not like a hand ball is something that is opinionated. If you make contact with the ball with a part of your body, shoulder and down in the 18yrd box, it's a penalty. As a goalkeeper, I think penalties are dumb all together (no one should ever miss a PK), but I guess I just have to accept the rules of soccer.

"The PK, in my opinion, was just plain wrong, or at least the circumstances leading up to it. Jon Moss, you made a great attempt to stop it....just to even get a hand on it was a feat in itself."...I was not at the game...but an ntentional hand ball in the box, especailly in order to stop a goal, should not only be a pk but a red card. As always, the call is up to the ref...

Edited by jstone14

"The PK, in my opinion, was just plain wrong, or at least the circumstances leading up to it. Jon Moss, you made a great attempt to stop it....just to even get a hand on it was a feat in itself."...I was not at the game...but an ntentional hand ball in the box, especailly in order to stop a goal, should not only be a pk but a red card. As always, the call is up to the ref...

825618988[/snapback]

Hey, great call. NOT. It was not an intentional handball at all. It looked like it pretty clearly hit his arm, or atleast looked like it did. There were no cicumstances leading into it if I remember correctly... The yellow card was a bad call though. I think there's a good chance that Carlos would have saved that PK as it was not hit too well. As Carlos said, 1-0 with 30 minutes left is a lot different than 2-0. Especially with the chance Grace missed when Robby went up for a ball and the ball hit off his hands and the Grace player missed the shot. Considering how good ND is suppose to be, Grace did a pretty good job. It was by no means a dominating showing for ND, which either means that Grace is good this year, or ND has been hyped up too much. Hard to say which it was. Good luck to Grace the rest of the year.

Guest GraceDAD

825618988[/snapback]

I think we are possibly talking about two different things. First, the call that caused the PK. I wasn't on the field obviously, but it didn't look like there was an intential hand ball. In fact, I personally didn't see a hand ball.....that was left to the subjectivity of the Ref.

Secondly, the reference to Jon Moss getting a hand on it was talking about his attempt to prevent the PK from scoring...he was the keeper when Carlos was carded.

I don't know all the circumstances, and I am sure the Sanchez yellow was questionable, but how can a hand ball in the box be just plain wrong?  It's a hand ball... It's not like a hand ball is something that is opinionated.  If you make contact with the ball with a part of your body, shoulder and down in the 18yrd box, it's a penalty.  As a goalkeeper, I think penalties are dumb all together (no one should ever miss a PK), but I guess I just have to accept the rules of soccer.

825618946[/snapback]

Well i agree- and disagree. as a ref i see the need for PKs.

There were 2 hand balls on the play last night. the first, by a ND player that let him gain possesion and take a second shot, and the the one on that second shot on us. i didn't get the card for talkin to the ref- i have that liberty as a captain. supposedly, i kicked it at him (look at the grace/nd game thread for the whole story) so he gave me the card.