Standouts

AStennis22

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly. Longstreth's primary event is the 800. So, I don't think he has to worry about any of the Mccallie guys or Bean. They are mainly 1600-3200 guys. The Chatti boys that will run him in the 800 are Vikram and Townsend!! Longsterth has a legit shot at winning A-AA State in the 800.

• 2 weeks later...

"It's according to what you feel like your bunch needs, and it's like the two McDaniel boys ran the 3,200 today and David got second," said Elizabethton coach Jim Presnell. "They're not 3,200 meter runners, but that was good strength work for them, and then the quarter -- well, they were over and under. The 800 meter is their best race."

Both Caleb and David are former 4x800 meter relay state champions, along with Josh Jaynes, who adds the extra punch to the awesome trio group.

"We've got three guys coming back from that relay team, and we're basically having tryouts finding that fourth guy," said Presnell. "My statement all the year has been those three guys are good enough to make you a state champion, so do you want to stand on the top of that platform with them, because they need somebody else. Just the three of them can't do it."

The Cyclones were successful in the men's 4x800 relay, with James Peterson assisting the team as the third man.

Elizabethton held on to defeat Dobyns-Bennett after lead-off runner David McDaniel stretched out an early lead.

Jaynes was able to extend on the advantage, with Peterson and Caleb McDaniel holding off the Indians' charge.

"We're just trying to work on our team, but I think we're doing well right now, and the coach knows what it takes for us to win," said Jaynes.

hey runnerboy, our fastest cc boy doesnt run track. he cant hang with the speed.

and last year when I ran a 2:03 at state i had just got done anchoring the state champion 4x800 team with a 1:59. Jordan was fresh.

you can look at my past posts, i dont talk stuff. but we have good runners that need to be recognized. and we have a few that can run with Longstreth, if not ahead of him.

there's talent in upper east TN.