5 Sequoyah Finalists

frizzy

ELA, are you originally from east tn?  You seem to be familiar with a lot that is going on.  I would like to email you if possible?  Could you leave your addy?

825626900[/snapback]

gridiron13... I received your E-mail through the boards responder.

To answer some of your questions:

TN and GA are like two different coaching worlds and very few GA coaches want to move North because the pay scale is very different. I was offered a job last summer in the Atlanta area and I have kicked myself for not taking it but all of my coaching friends are in TN and I feel at home here on CoachT!

Your question about Hamilton County situation is as follows:

The School Board and County Commission has had a two year battle of funding of schools and budgets. The result was the elimination of two assistant coaching positions in football and almost all other assistant coaching positions in other sports. It is against the county school policy to provide any pay to non-faculty coaches and at least one head coach was let go for doing so using booster funds. My suggestion is that if you are a head coach in Hamilton County, you had better have two high quality, hard working assistants and you have better be one of the coordinators yourself (O or D)!

Write to me at the following address and I will be glad to talk to you about schools and positions around the state!

coach_ela@hotmail.com

Edited by ELA