• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. howdoitknow

Ensworth Job open again

I’ll give you another name that wouldn’t be a bad choice for Ensworth. Tony Brunetti from Pearl-Cohn. A very successful head coach who played at the next level and has sent loads of players on to play at the next level.
  3. pujo

Hampton 2019

Well I'm a Hampton homer but being honest I think SG will be the team to beat in region 1. Oneida is my team in region 2 and thats nothing against any of the others but I'd have to say Meigs in that region. Hampton will be Large up front but they really don't have a game changing athlete. QB will be a goodun but only a soph thats not had to run the show. It'll take a team effort on both sides of the ball to produce a lot of wins. My cup is a little over half full.
  4. howdoitknow

2019 District 11-AA Thread

The District 11-AA Tournament Bracket is Set: @ Creek Wood High School 1.). Creek Wood 4.). East Hickman 2.). Hickman County 3.). Stewart County @ Lewis County Hugh School 1.). Lewis County 4.). Waverly 2.). Camden 3.). Fairview
  5. ladykee

2019 State Baseball Poll Rankings (Poll #2)(4-14-19)

Ok Lady Kee here otherwise known to you as Crazy Lady lol (trust me I took that as a joke and not a stab). Just to clarify your statement regarding Greenback coaches....I disagree with your statement that they have a reputation for getting ejected during games and here is why. To my knowledge since head coach Caldwell has been at Greenback he has only been ejected from the game one time and that was last night vs GCA. Coach Ryan has been ejected once vs GCA in baseball and may have been confined to dugout vs GCA in a previous season vs GCA in baseball but someone else will need to confirm if that is indeed the outcome that I recall from a previous game. He was also ejected once vs GCA in football and that was due to “Helmetgate” lol. In all the years he has coached both sports he has never been ejected playing vs anyone else and trust me he has had issues with officiating from time to time as does most coaches AND it never mattered if we were winning or losing at the time it was about principle. So if you want to say we occasionally or more truthfully often have issues with officiating vs GCA at GCA to the point that GB coaches get reprimanded and/or ejected then hey I agree with that but a reputation in general WILL NOT FLY! It’s only happened on GCA fields! Now I will say there is a lot of mutual respect between the players over recent years and all the kids involved just play the game. This is all at the hands of officiating and coaches. I sure bet the GCA players would much rather win straight out without all the **astericks as well as GB players. In this rivalry the winner should be able to win outright and the loser should not feel robbed. It was a 2-2 ballgame going into the 7th that ended in controversy robbing either team of a glorified win. So not only did GB kids get robbed but in my book so did the GCA kids. The adults need to get over themselves and let these kids duke it out fair and square on the field for these are some of the best years of their lives and both squads have perfected their craft for many years. And might I add it didn’t help any wondering the intentions of the field judge that ejected the GB catcher for he was the same guy who 2 years ago in the postseason called the GB player out for missing 2nd base when the batter behind him hit a HR and they were both just jogging thru to home plate. #23 wears a size 14 cleat so that’s a lot of foot to make contact with a bag plus when he says he touched it I know he touched it. That’s just the kind of person he is. If he missed it or even thought he might have he would have admitted it. So to say we are a little jaded is an understatement for it seems the craziest stuff always happens on the field next to the church. I know in life we are supposed to turn the other cheek but just how many cheeks are GB kids expected to have!
  6. Today
  7. cherokee23

I’m not condoning the reaction by the baseball coach specifically but the football one, most definitely. The referee deserved it and it was needed. If you can condone a player ripping a helmet off and saying his hand got stuck then that’s kind of the pot calling the kettle black.
  8. gcapride

Junior, Here’s what Greenback Coaches have a reputation for at GCA,: Getting ejected from games and showing their butts like little children. If you condone that behavior, you’re part of the problem in sports today.
  9. Shadroach

2019 Top Ten in 6A

Driving The Money Changers From The Temple. It appears they ended up in the Maryville office selling tickets.
  10. cherokee23

The facts are that the catcher came out with a 2 piece catcher’s helmet and was warned at some point in the game. The next couple of innings he wore the correct and legal catcher’s helmet. But then, out of habit, he grabbed the 2 piece again during the last inning and then was ejected. The coach argued the call and was then ejected as well. But I will go as far to say this... in the game of sports, there will be competitive situations where emotions can get the best of you. I’m not sure if our coach knew whether or not our catcher was warned earlier in the game (I would’ve thought so). But he and every other coach has the right to question as many times as he wants and whenever he wants and however he would like to do it. It’s for none of us to critique and judge whether a coach should’ve yelled at the ump, or little Johnny, or mommy and daddy. It’s his team that he spends his time on more than most people can even imagine. So if he feels like he needs to get in someone’s crawl, then that’s his choice. Plus, if this happens against another team at a different facility, I doubt it would’ve been the same outcome. It just so happens that the reputation of GCA isn’t a great one.
  11. Yesterday
  12. orngnblk

This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Never fails!
  13. BarneySox2007

2019 Top Ten in 6A

Maryville tickets went up $5 each this year and I know a handful of fans that didn't renew and after two decades of sitting in the same seats I let my four go. Not over price but the online setup and you can mark it down that was where the increase came from. I heard the lady that normally handles all the tickets and money is retiring so I bet they don't have anybody left up there that can count anymore since they've been teaching everybody toilet paper math the past twenty years. Toilet paper math tells me 4 season tickets equal 7 regular tickets
  14. JSamson7

Head Coach position

What's the name of the feeder program?
  15. GHSblackhelmet

Maybe Berean, Concord and Freedom but never Blah Blah Blah.
  16. gcapride

And 1 more thing. We’ve got to be above those Berean, Concord, Freedom and Blah Blah Blah Christian Schools, we’ve got ALL the sports! Can’t rank us below a school that only has girls volleyball....IN MY MOST HUMBLE OPINION
  17. gcapride

From what I’ve read on the NFHS site, this is a recent rule change in the past couple of years. Wouldn’t have been around during your coaching days. Thanks for the insight, though.
  18. gcapride

I laughed when I read it. I was waiting for the right time to tag you in a response. Very well thought out and funny. Idiotic, but funny!
  19. GHSblackhelmet

This Ryan mans Greenback team in 2019

Got a little hot over on the baseball board. LOL All because of Grace Academy . Imagine that.....
  20. Sommers

Wrestling Updates and Tidbits...

Logan Andrew, Lake Highland Prep, Sr., 195 Buzz: Two-time Florida state champion is on his way to UT-Chattanooga after a 35-5 season. https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/wrestling/os-sp-hs-wrestling-all-area-2019-story.html --------*** Congratulations to Alex Mercado for signing to continue his education and wrestling career at King University
  21. TheAmbassador

Top 10 in 1A for 2019

Yes... the top 4 teams should be ahead of the rest of the pack this season.
  22. GHSblackhelmet

About time you responded to my magnificent trolling. I was about to think I was losing my touch. LOL I thought for a couple of hours that we might have found the 1 Ram above reproach, and yet you stoop down to the level us heathens once again!
  23. greene4747

Greeneville Football 2019

Mav, the statues and the championship trophies are still there!!!! The stable is still full too!!! Remember blood makes that grass grow! Oh, you’re going to get some blood in the dose of “Youngblood” lol.... Good luck this season....... but ....... nahhhhhh
  24. tonybologna

That's not true in bold above unless the rule for improper/illegal equipment usage has changed since 2013.
  25. tonybologna

Let me jump in here as a former assistant high school baseball coach. It's been 6 years since I stopped coaching due to some health reasons but back when I coached the umpires were required to give a warning first before an automatic ejection. Now, I wouldn't think that rule has changed in 6 years. It's a rule that's been around for a long time. Automatic ejections are usually reserved for stuff pitchers might do like sandpaper or spitting on the ball or using any illegal substance. I've never experienced an incident like this however while coaching. I've had an umpire back in like 2004 or 2005 that warned our team for an improper glove usage by our starting catcher. It was a warning & that's all. The glove was changed & that was it. Nothing further was done by the umps. This seems like a wrongdoing by the umps to Greenback. I would bet the TSSAA will look into this especially if the Greenback coach pushes it. I know as a coach I wouldn't allow this to go without putting up a fuss about it. I don't care if it's a scrimmage, regular season game, or postseason game.
  26. Imthayeti

Hampton 2019

Oneida will be up and Rockwood will be down from what I've read and the conversations I've had. I'm hoping at the very least Meigs is as least as good as we were. Cumberland Gap and Wartburg probably about the same.
  27. ecu

Wilson Central Job is open

Why not? Seems the young guy didn't do that great.
  28. ecu

Macon County Tigers

Going to be hard to replace.
  1. Load more activity