District 7A

BuffaloFan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told R.B.S. defeated L.A. the first of the week.

The LA girls are for real this year. I think they'll contend against Upperman. RBS is alot like LA - fast, smart, not dominant at the post, but very effective, and they have a veteran roster. Clarkrange will have some growing pains this year, but they are gonna be very good.....If Clarkrange plays Forrest and Grace like they did LA, they have a good shot at beating both next week.

This should get a rise out of you RBS fans. I watched Clarkrange play Livingston yesterday. Kelly Reed(Fresh-Guard/Post) may be even better than Laken Leonard. 7A may have the two best FRESHMEN in the state! Clarkrange is very young and gave a very mature Livingston team a good game. Tip off next week. Hope everyone's ready!

Yep just like Clarkrange and JC was the best 2 teams in the district last year... :thumb: ...lol...ah you ain't gonna get a rise, but your saying a girl fresh out of Jr high is better than a girl who has already had a full years highschool experience...played in a district, region championship, a sub state game, and a state tournament game...and led the district in scoring...Let them play before you say who's better... :lol:

The LA girls are for real this year. I think they'll contend against Upperman. RBS is alot like LA - fast, smart, not dominant at the post, but very effective, and they have a veteran roster. Clarkrange will have some growing pains this year, but they are gonna be very good.....If Clarkrange plays Forrest and Grace like they did LA, they have a good shot at beating both next week.

Well RBS is fast and they are smart, and there post game is there main game with Laken and Ashton down low...The majority of our points comes from the post...

With the the way Coach Rogers played LA, I am expecting his team to be very hard for Forrest to do much with after those girls think about getting whipped all the way to C'range.

I don't think anyone will be getting whipped in this game...lol...This would be one heck of a game to watch though... :blink: ...

I was told R.B.S. defeated L.A. the first of the week.

Oh you are right :thumb: ...we know who's for real this year...

I would call that response a rise...no doubt RBS is for real. Do you guys actually think we look at RBS as a fluke. I think Leonard is actually a much better weapon off the block. Gentry is a good player, but I would not call her "dominant." RBS kills you by kicking it back out and knocking down the outside shots/spreading the defense. Their style is no secret.

I stand by my statement, even without seeing Reed (CHS) vs. Leonard (RBS) head-to-head, Reed is just as good, if not better. She is the real deal. Maybe the two best rookies n the state.

Very, very impressive that they beat Livingston. I thought RBS deserved to be ranked preseason #1 in the state, until yesterday when they lost to Summertown and Richland???? and the Summertown game wasn't even close at the end???? What in the world happened? Those two teams must be good.

I expect a very tough game versus Forrest Tuesday. Does RBS play Tuesday, if not, I would expect them at the Range, along with our other 7A mates to see this matchup.

Two questions/comments for Swanson/RBS fans:

1. The jamieroper guy is coming down hard on Coach White on some other threads for his antics. I use to feel the same way, but you just gotta kinda know Coach White. right? He is a good guy/coach. He is very emotional. That's what makes him fun to compete against. He gets so tore up.

2. You guys played Temple last year in substate right? or was it Jackson County who played them? Did you see were the Rector girl from Temple signed with Mississippii State? Is this for real? Is she that good? I am blowed away that an SEC school would sign anyone out of Single A from Chattanooga right now. I am sure she is a good girl and all that, great stats, etc., but 7A/8A has dominated that area and I haven't scouted out anyone/anything in that area that is close to SEC material since the Mason girl from Chatt Christian a couple of years ago. Nothing personal, but I have always thought players had to prove it by winning big games to get big scholarships like that. Maybe she played AAU or something.

Yawn, back to work......

Edited by BuffaloFan

What does everyone think about Monterey this year? They beat Sunbright in a scrimage. But fell short to York. By about 15 or so points.

The freshmen class may be the best they've ever had. They're unproven in the high school ranks, but they should be pretty good. Sunbright is kinda weak, but to hang with York shows promise.

I would call that response a rise...no doubt RBS is for real. Do you guys actually think we look at RBS as a fluke. I think Leonard is actually a much better weapon off the block. Gentry is a good player, but I would not call her "dominant." RBS kills you by kicking it back out and knocking down the outside shots/spreading the defense. Their style is no secret.

I stand by my statement, even without seeing Reed (CHS) vs. Leonard (RBS) head-to-head, Reed is just as good, if not better. She is the real deal. Maybe the two best rookies n the state.

Very, very impressive that they beat Livingston. I thought RBS deserved to be ranked preseason #1 in the state, until yesterday when they lost to Summertown and Richland???? and the Summertown game wasn't even close at the end???? What in the world happened? Those two teams must be good.

I expect a very tough game versus Forrest Tuesday. Does RBS play Tuesday, if not, I would expect them at the Range, along with our other 7A mates to see this matchup.

1. The jamieroper guy is coming down hard on Coach White on some other threads for his antics. I use to feel the same way, but you just gotta kinda know Coach White. right? He is a good guy/coach. He is very emotional. That's what makes him fun to compete against. He gets so tore up.

2. You guys played Temple last year in substate right? or was it Jackson County who played them? Did you see were the Rector girl from Temple signed with Mississippii State? Is this for real? Is she that good? I am blowed away that an SEC school would sign anyone out of Single A from Chattanooga right now. I am sure she is a good girl and all that, great stats, etc., but 7A/8A has dominated that area and I haven't scouted out anyone/anything in that area that is close to SEC material since the Mason girl from Chatt Christian a couple of years ago. Nothing personal, but I have always thought players had to prove it by winning big games to get big scholarships like that. Maybe she played AAU or something.

Yawn, back to work......

This girl may have really improved since I saw her play auu, but if not give me M. Snow any day of the week.

Yawn, back to work......

I wouldn't get to caught up in the games down there...RBS traveled all the way to shelbyville to play a srimmage game against 2 tough teams...I expect them to work on things they need to get ready for District play...RBS shouldn't worry about Summertown or Richland until the state tournament, but RBS should be worrying about Clarkrange and another team they're 0-4 against in Jackson Co...

You gotta know coach white...He's gonna get the best out of his players, and he loves to coach...he's been doing it forever it seems like...Some people may not like him, but he's gonna get the best out of his players and do as much as he possibly can to win a ball game...

You gotta know coach white...He's gonna get the best out of his players, and he loves to coach...he's been doing it forever it seems like...Some people may not like him, but he's gonna get the best out of his players and do as much as he possibly can to win a ball game...

Is getting a technical foul with less than 3 min in the game against Forrest in the 'Boro, what you call, "do as much as he possibly can to win a ball game" ???

He's never had this much talent to put on the floor before. He needs to chill out and maybe take lessons from younger coaches around him, like Lamar and Jim.

Edited by jimbo44

Is getting a technical foul with less than 3 min in the game against Forrest in the 'Boro, what you call, "do as much as he possibly can to win a ball game" ???

He's never had this much talent to put on the floor before. He needs to chill out and maybe take lessons from younger coaches around him, like Lamar and Jim.

You would have better luck getting a tiger to change it's stripes than to get Larry to change the way he coaches.

Larry is as passionate about basketball as anybody you'll ever meet, when he's on the court. He's not fake, he just leaves it all on the court (or sidelines in his case). His players love playing for him and it shows. Fulmer and Fisher could learn a few things about discipline from Larry White. :thumb: