Middle School Tournament in Murfreesboro

warrior123

Gooch did not shut Hammonds down in the 2nd half. Hammonds went cold. Hammonds went everywhere and shot everything he wanted to shoot. Siegel didn't lose because Central played great defense. Siegel lost becuase they have no supporting cast. One player can't carry the team in these tournaments.

Central is very out of control offensively and not very disciplined on defense. If they are then why is one player (Hammonds) getting over 35 shot attempts in a game. That is not defense. Defense is limited his shot attempts which did not happen.

Referees whistle being heavy will favor Blackman. They are more disciplined and more under control offensively and defensively. Majority of the people and coaches would say the samething.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gooch did not shut Hammonds down in the 2nd half. Hammonds went cold. Hammonds went everywhere and shot everything he wanted to shoot. Siegel didn't lose because Central played great defense. Siegel lost becuase they have no supporting cast. One player can't carry the team in these tournaments.

Central is very out of control offensively and not very disciplined on defense. If they are then why is one player (Hammonds) getting over 35 shot attempts in a game. That is not defense. Defense is limited his shot attempts which did not happen.

Referees whistle being heavy will favor Blackman. They are more disciplined and more under control offensively and defensively. Majority of the people and coaches would say the samething.

You are right gooch did not shut down Hammonds. Because Gooch was not guarding Hammonds. And Hammonds had 5 pts at half time and scored 9pts the last 2 min. when the gamne was out of reach. And shot attempts does say something about defense because if he shot 35 times and he only makes 8 shots from the floor that does mean there is defense there. Because if there wasn't he would have made all 35 baskets.So I am going to disagree with you on defense is limiting shot attempts limiting made baskets is defense without made baskets you can't win.

i will agree with you however on Central being in a funk the last 4 games. But at the same time I say that I do know that the coach has been trying different things to get ready for tournament time and so far he hasn't lost in a tournament. With all this being said I believe I will go with the veteran Coach on this game. I believe when it is all on the line the Tigers will step up!!!

I want opinions here, I know referees are not perfect and can make mistakes, but can someone tell me how a grown man with a whistle in his mouth can purposely make one bad call after another. I went to the tournament each night and the officiating was absolutely HORRIBLE!!!! I have never seen it so bad, it wasn't in one game but all the games. Is it the referees don't know the game or they just don't care??? After what I witnessed tonight during the LMS vs RMS girls game, and if I was one of the officials for that game I don't know how I would be able to sleep. C'mon now these are young girls, here!!! Comments please!!!!