Hampton Basketball

Luke_Bulldogs3

I didn't get to go to Johnson Co. to see how they did, I was wondering if they played as well as they did against Unaka. They looked pretty solid against Unaka and seemed to have worked on a few things that have been losing them close games. Looking at their record this team could finish up with a winning season or atleast at (.500). Tonight Unaka goes to Cloudland for a big game that will mix everything up. If Unaka wins they split for 1st with UH, but if Cloudland wins then UH gets sole possession of 1st its gonna be a packed house. So after this one and the Cloudland Hampton game on Friday I believe it will be anybody's guess of which one out of the four teams will come out on top in the district tournament. Coin tosses will decide seeds (which I don't agree with) but this year it doesn't really hurt anything because it will be a battle no matter who plays who between these teams.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to go to Johnson Co. to see how they did, I was wondering if they played as well as they did against Unaka. They looked pretty solid against Unaka and seemed to have worked on a few things that have been losing them close games. Looking at their record this team could finish up with a winning season or atleast at (.500). Tonight Unaka goes to Cloudland for a big game that will mix everything up. If Unaka wins they split for 1st with UH, but if Cloudland wins then UH gets sole possession of 1st its gonna be a packed house. So after this one and the Cloudland Hampton game on Friday I believe it will be anybody's guess of which one out of the four teams will come out on top in the district tournament. Coin tosses will decide seeds (which I don't agree with) but this year it doesn't really hurt anything because it will be a battle no matter who plays who between these teams.

I think hampton will finish out strong and win over cloudland. There good in there gym and have real good player that good get conference player of the year.

yeah Unicoi is a very good team, but I think we can beat them just because I don't think they think we are much of a threat

I know this thread really doesnt have anything to do with Unicoi, and I am sorry if me bringin UC into this offends someone, but I was wondering what you all thought about our game comming up on Monday??....you say that you think we will lose to you because we dont think you are a threat?... Well we have won 26 games this year to teams that have either been a threat or not. So I dont think that we will have too much of a problem with Hampton. Sorry guys but I just dont think that you winning against us adds up...But ya know lets hear what you guys think about the game.

GOOD LUCK BLUE!!!

~*~*Go Devils!!*~*~

Edited by UCBlueDevils

I like your opinion about the Cloudland game it was sloppy...we should be beating teams like Cloudland (no offense) by way more, because we are capable of it talent wise. I think you're also right about the press, during the games I watched the other team usually shot layups (the game at Unicoi, I remember well). I prefer, and I think they play better when they run man-to-man (which we have been doing more of lately) or defenses like box-and-one, triangle-and-two, or the I-zone. I just hate straight zone defense. As for my mentor...I tried talking him into that when I was graduating the 8th grade, I would have loved to have seen him come up there, but I enjoyed my four years and I'll always support Hampton no matter what. I just wish I could have done a little bit more with those 4 years. As for his status I'm unsure, but I was glad to see him at the game. I'd like to be able to help coach for a Hampton team, but I'm still a kid who loves playing right now and I gotta finish school.

To UCBlueDevils, I said "I think" which means I believe we can beat them from a fan's point of view, I didn't mean any disrespect at all, you all just finished your conference unbeaten (wow), have a loaded team, have one of the best coaches in East TN (IMO), and haven't lost to a TN team yet (26-2), so what I'm saying is you all have two games this coming week one at Hampton and one at Cloudland which are two tough places to play at, with the year you all have had noone has upset you all yet, so I was just making a guess and hoping it would come true...lol

Alright good point, but as I put in my post, I didnt mean any offense either. I frankly dont know what the outcome will be but I guess my oppinion was just from a fan's point of view as well. Well we should find out when we have our game....Does anyone know if we are still havin it tonight? Its is snowing like crazy over here and we still have a lot of snow from over the weekend...let me know!!!

GOOD LUCK BLUE!!!

~*~*Go Devils!!*~*~

now I hear that the varsity games will be played starting at 6, no jv games tho

Well I guess you were right about us underestimating you all. I dont know what happened to the Devils tonight but the didnt give you all a ball game. I didnt get to go to the game but I know that this game didnt work out the way any of us wanted. From the sound of it on the radio the refs called tons of stuff on us....but I dont know if they were good calls or not...and by the way we were shotting I mean I DONT KNOW. But looked like we couldnt make any free throw shots or much of our 3s...and we just practily gave you all perfect opportunities to make your free throws. Sounded like everytime we turned around, you guys were makin your way to the foul line.....God guys I feel really bad that you let this one get away from you. Dont really know what happened...I understand that we either didnt show up at all or that you guys were just at the top of your game tonight but if you guys who went to the game would just fill me in on what you think went or didnt go down. I mean dang was it a blow out or did we get screwed with some of the calls? I want facts not oppinions...THANKS

GOOD LUCK BLUE!!

~*~*Go Devils!!*~*~