Region 2

Past30

thats an almost perfect plan... but the problem lies in execution. who knows maybe he will get a pin off a double leg :thumb:

Go back 2 years ago at 152 and no body thought that Turner from Farragut could beat #1 Bornman from Houston with a good double leg but it happened. That's why D-1 State is so great. The underdog gets his shot.

Good Luck!

RCP you should have emailed me. The former 152 finalist was available.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103 Sluder 4th, 112 Harless 5th and Drollman 4th, No 119s, or 125s (Tough Weight), 130 Burns 4th, 135 Shields 2nd, 140 Walker 6th, 145 None, 152 Scandlyn 5th, 160 Joslin 4th, 171 Hall 1st Gratz 6th, 189 Morgan 3rd Cable 5th, 215 Reveiz 1st, 275 Vandergriff 1st. I looked at the brackets and that is the way I honestly see Region II shaping up. Hopefully, there are more. I really hope I'm right at 275. It would be nice for Coach V's last match would be his son in a state championship victory. Murray will be tought to beat though.

Dont overlook Blake at 119. He even though is a freshman, i think he can place 5th or 6th. I also hope Coach V gets to coach his son to a state championship in his last match as a coach. Both Big John and Coach V are class acts.

Edited by Past30

Dont overlook Blake at 119. He even though is a freshman, i think he can place 5th or 6th. I also hope Coach V gets to coach his son to a state championship in his last match as a coach. Both Big John and Coach V are class acts.

I think he can place. He gave Cash some good matches in the past and he's the best I've seen in a long time.

103 Sluder 4th, 112 Harless 5th and Drollman 4th, No 119s, or 125s (Tough Weight), 130 Burns 4th, 135 Shields 2nd, 140 Walker 6th, 145 None, 152 Scandlyn 5th, 160 Joslin 4th, 171 Hall 1st Gratz 6th, 189 Morgan 3rd Cable 5th, 215 Reveiz 1st, 275 Vandergriff 1st. I looked at the brackets and that is the way I honestly see Region II shaping up. Hopefully, there are more. I really hope I'm right at 275. It would be nice for Coach V's last match would be his son in a state championship victory. Murray will be tought to beat though.

Wow, I hope your right, that would be Awsome. I think most of these kids got a pretty good draw. Let's hope for the best, and make some noise @ STATE!!!!! :thumb: Edited by Dobber

What about Cowan, kingston 145? He did well at catholic, bradley, and won the science hill tourny. he's got a pretty good shot, if he doesn't stall on top and wrestles smart on his feet.

What was the score between him and Hendricks in the finals? He has a tough draw with Kleinert, a returning medalist, in the second round, but i think he could do some damage in the consolations

.Here's what I could keep up with!

Big News is Most of the Seymour kids missed the weigh-ins and they were not allowed to wrestle.

Region 2

103-

Sluder Greenback- chance to place Out

Hoang- Cath

3rd Smith- Sey\

Shock-Maryville

112-

Harless- Going to place, he told me so. :thumb:Looking great in quarters

Drollman- WB

Kearney- SD

Larson- Sey

119-

Ridenour- Mar After watching him dominate our Region, I'm a supporter. :thumb:Lost a close match to Franklin. He looked like a freshmen for about 2 periods then looked great in the 3rd. He still has a shot to place. Roddy- King (SR)

King- Sey ***Default, late for weigh-in######

Turner- Far *****Teched 2nd period by #1 ND, Pulled back in and will face Sci Hill

125- this wgt class is loaded at State. Three could place or none.

McCroskey- Sey *** Default, ***

Geren- SD (SR) Tough 2nd round match against defending state Champ

Farinella- Far **** Lost a close 1st round match pulled back in

Birdwell- Ber

130-

Burns- WB

Cakir-SD

Legg-Seymour

Coffin-CAK ***1st wrestler to go to state for CAK, new program***

135-

Shields- Mar Count on this one. Beat in 2nd round by ND kid. Looked hurt in 3rd but was already behind in points

Tisdale, Karns

Finnel-Kingston (SR)

Blackford-Alcoa

140-

Walker- WB (SR)

Kimmler- Ful (SR)

Spencer Greico, Farragut (SR) ***OUT

Vess- Karn

145-

Cowan- King (SR)

Hendricks- Mar

Lindsey-Karns

Shields-Pigeon Forge

152-

Scandlyn- King *** Pinned late in the 3rd, 2nd round

Hendricks- Mar SENIORS

Matcaif-PF

Bevelhimer-Bearden

160-

Joslin- King (SR) ***I cheered for him last year at State but because of the injury IMO-Had a tuff time in region and it will carry over to state.

****Still in the hunt and looking good.

Al-Khelaifi- West- Kids tuff

Reid-SCHS

Miller-Greenback

171-

Hall- Mar- Mr MVP has a great chance to place.

**** Still in the Hunt and pining folks

Henry- SC

Turner-PF-SENIORS

Gratz-WB

189-

[b]Morgan- UC -All 3 are studs *****Looking great going into Quarters

Cable- Mar (SR)

Reveiz- Far [/b] ***Beat in 2nd round by kid who beat him last year. Close match

Prescott- Gibbs (SR) Not sure what happened either he defaulted because of a blood related injury or something in the 1st round. Was taking a beating.

215- THE REAL OW OF REGION 2 IS STILL PINING EVERYONE IN THE 1ST PERIOD!

Reveiz- Far - :thumb: He had some tuff matches at State last year and could have 2 this year. Coaches are telling their kids to stay away from him and wrestle defensive. We will see.

Evans- WB

Caleb Leanord, Halls(Fr)

Goodman-Powell *** hE LOST A CLOSE MATCH IN THE 2ND ROUND. LOOKED GOOD

275- Vandergriff- Hall (SR) HE CAN WIN IT ALL BUT WILL HAVE TO WRESTLE.

*** HAD A TUFF 2ND ROUND MATCH BUT WON.

Cantwell- Mar

Cate, SD

Lazarus, FHS-SENIORS LOST WILL BE PULLED BACK IN

We took a beating hopefully our region 2 kids can keep on ticking!

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

Which wrestlers will place at state from our region? Please list anyone from returning medalist such as Nick Shields (3rd) and Nick Reviez(1st) to dark horses like Paul Mountain last year( 4th in region but 6th at state). I would like to here everyones predictions

I watched reveiz wrestle last night and that boy is a HOSS!! he should (AT LEAST!) place...he looked like a really talented and skilled wrestler to me.