Liberty, Mitchell, Haywood and Bolivar

firefulmer

I've been unable to view/post for a few days, so I know I'm saying things that others may have said. But before we close it down this year I wanted to put my two cents worth in on these teams. Sorry so long-but it's 4 teams!!!

Congratulations to the AA State Champions Liberty Tech. I said I'd give you're props when you earned them and you earned them straight up. In my circles there are differing opinions...and that's cool...but I feel that Liberty became one of those teams of Destiny. We've all seen 'em, teams where the odds might not always be with them...but they get it done. It's my opinion that this describes Liberty's run at the title. I felt that it opened Bolivar up to getting beaten when Liberty won that first game. You know, I was thinking that as long as we kept them from winning ONE, that the odds remained in our favor...but once they got that one win...I didn't think it was over by any means...but I thought it would be much tougher. I didn't post all that--but thought it. Hoping I was wrong.

The Crusaders were on a mission and once they got THAT win, they turned on the afterburners and never looked back.

To the Long twins I especially want to say kudos to you, 'cause what you did had to be tough!!! I don't know what else to say b/c ya'll have had a great ride and I congratulate you.

Bolivar/Liberty fans...we've all got several months now, so by the time next season comes let's just have a good ol' rivalry instead of some kinda warfare.

It's boys high school basketball. It's supposed to be fun and challenging...but it's not some battlefield in Iraq! And I'm not picking sides here so don't rag on me for this one.

Mitchell...good job guys. Our teams had a hard fought battle and you wanted it and took it. So Galilee and Coach Johnson, congrats on a great run.

Haywood...Coach V. my friend, I sure did hate it for you man. I just knew how much you wanted it esp. with Jarvis being a Senior.

Now my homeboys from b-town.

Man, this team has played some great basketball this year...but at times has been really hard to figure out! Many people feel the team played up or down to the level of their competition...and it lookas if that's true. Cost us 2 or 3 games I think, but I don't believe for one second that it was done on purpose...it's just the way it played out. Every season has it's quirks you know.

I give total congrats to this team and the coaches for what all you have accomplshed these past 3-4 years(and before that too). If one looks at all the records and stats...there is a lot to be proud of. If no 3rd Gold Ball in a row...well so what? You guys have sure played some great b-ball in the last few years!!!

Rudesill...you've got about 7 months are so before you get to do it all again.

Don't you wish you could start tomorrow??????????????

HA! That's what I thought! I'm not even going to name basketball to you for a while!

Congrats to the AA Champs Liberty, and God Bless all that play, coach and participate just so we can all talk about it!!!. Enjoy your time off.

FF

Edited by firefulmer