Wrestling Legend Dan Gable coming to Tennessee!

coachhatcher

Hi, first I want to introduce myself. My name is Mike Hatcher and I'm the new coach of the Higher Calling Wrestling Club, located in Cleveland. I very excited to be here to help strengthen and promote Tennessee wrestling. HCWC practices are being held in the Jones Wrestling Center. HCWC training is open to all athletes who are interested in year round wrestling.

HCWC is kicking off it's season by offering a clinic featuring the legendary Dan Gable!! The event is going to be held in conjunction with UTC's Homecoming open practice session. I have included all of the information on the event below, as well as, information on the Higher Calling Wrestling Club.

Once again, I am anxious to work with all of you in the future. If you need to get a hold of me, my email is coachhatcher@gmail.com or you can call me at 423-303-0760. Thank you.

HIGHER CALLING WRESTLING CLUB &

UNIV. OF TENNESSEE-CHATTANOOGA WRESTLING

PROUDLY PRESENTS

THE LEGENDARY

DAN GABLE

Coach: Competitor:

- Coached Iowa to 15 NCAA Titles - 3x Iowa High School State Champion

- 21 Big Ten Team Titles - 2x NCAA Champion

- Coached 45 National Champions - 182-1 Combined prep and college record

- Coached 152 All-Americans - 6x Midlands Champion

- Coached 106 Big Ten Champions - Outstanding Wrestler at Tbilisi Tourn.

- 3x NCAA Coach of the Year - 1972 Olympic Gold Medalist

- 9 Consecutive NCAA titles - Did not surrender a point in Munich Games

- Coached 12 Hawkeye Olympians - Top 100 Olympians of all time

- 'Sports Figure of the Century in Iowa' by Sports Illustrated - Wrestler of the Century by Gannett Co.

The Higher Calling Wrestling Club and the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga wrestling team are pleased to announce that they will be hosting wrestling legend Dan Gable at their respective facilities on October 12-13, 2007. The event will kick-off on Friday at the Jones Wrestling Center in Cleveland, TN, (See event schedule at the bottom). It will start with a motivational talk from Coach Gable followed by a technique session by the new Higher Calling Wrestling Club coach and former Gable wrestler, Mike Hatcher. The event will continue on Saturday morning at the MaClellan Gymnasium at UTC. It will begin with a technique session by Coach Gable, followed by an open UTC practice session, featuring UTC Head Coach and World Team member, Chris Bono. This will be a unique opportunity to learn, meet, and be inspired by the biggest name wrestling has ever had to offer. You will also be exposed to elite level instruction, training facilities, and practice planning. This is a must for all athletes and coaches looking to better themselves in the sport of wrestling. The cost of the two-day event is only $35. Groups of 10 or more may attend for $25 each. Make checks payable to Higher Calling Wrestling Club. If you have any questions, feel free to call Mike Hatcher at (423) 303-0760. See you on the 12th!!

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12 SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13

4 ??“ 5 p.m. Dan Gable Motivational Talk 9 ??“ 10:15 a.m. Dan Gable Technique Session

5 ??“ 6 p.m. Mike Hatcher Technique Session 10:15 ??“ 11:30 UTC Wrestling Practice

*Shower facilities will be

available after the clinic 6 p.m. UTC Homecoming Football Game

Vs. Western Carolina

For information, contact Mike Hatcher by phone at (423) 303-0760 or email at coachhatcher@gmail.com

HIGHER CALLING WRESTLING CLUB

Fall 2007 Practice Schedule

The Higher Calling Wrestling Club is committed to providing its athletes the tools to help them succeed, not only in the sport of wrestling, but more importantly in life. Through both the coaches??™ and athletes??™ dedication to training and preparation, HCWC will exemplify the true meaning of winning, success, and character, both on and off the mat.

HIGHER CALLING CLUB COACH:

Mike Hatcher was a member of four National Championship teams at the University of Iowa. Coach Hatcher spent 5 years training and wrestling for the legendary Coach Dan Gable. Coach Hatcher spent 12 years as a head high school wrestling coach and has recently moved to Cleveland to promote and grow the sport of wrestling in this area.

LEVEL 1 GROUP: SEPTEMBER 10TH-OCTOBER 18th (MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY @ 6:30 P.M.)

Level 1 group is designed for the advanced middle school/high school wrestler who is looking to get to the next level. Athletes in this group will be provided with continued mastery of basic skills, introduction to new advanced skills, intense drilling, combative wrestling, and conditioning. This pre-season group will gear their training towards local and national pre-season competitions, as well as, proper preparation for their upcoming middle/high school season. Cost: $150

LEVEL 2 GROUP: SEPTEMBER 11TH-OCTOBER 18th (TUESDAY, THURSDAY @ 5:15 P.M.)

Level 2 group is designed for the beginning middle school/high school wrestler who is looking for an introduction to, or to build on a limited knowledge base of the sport of wrestling . Athletes in this group will be provided with an introduction of basic skills, intense drilling, combative wrestling, and conditioning. This pre-season group will gear their training for local tournaments, as well as, proper preparation for their upcoming middle/high school season. Cost: $125

PRIVATE AND SMALL GROUP LESSONS (SCHEDULED ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY)

Private and small group lessons are encouraged to help all athletes focus on specific areas where improvement is needed in a more personalized teaching group. Athletes are encouraged to decide which area of concentration the lesson will be designed towards. Lessons could be designed to provide additional work in all areas of wrestling, ranging from single leg attack offense to conditioning. All lessons will be an hour in length.

Cost: One-on-one : $50

2-3 athletes: $30/athlete

VIDEO ANALYSIS SESSIONS (SCHEDULED ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY)

Video analysis sessions are available to all Higher Calling Wrestling Club athletes. Sessions can be used for evaluating practice or competition performance. Analyzing video is a big key to recognizing trouble areas. All analysis sessions will be an hour in length. Cost: $40/session

For more information or if you have further questions contact:

Mike Hatcher

(423) 303-0760

coachhatcher@gmail.com

Hi, first I want to introduce myself. My name is Mike Hatcher and I'm the new coach of the Higher Calling Wrestling Club, located in Cleveland. I very excited to be here to help strengthen and promote Tennessee wrestling. HCWC practices are being held in the Jones Wrestling Center. HCWC training is open to all athletes who are interested in year round wrestling.

HCWC is kicking off it's season by offering a clinic featuring the legendary Dan Gable!! The event is going to be held in conjunction with UTC's Homecoming open practice session. I have included all of the information on the event below, as well as, information on the Higher Calling Wrestling Club.

Once again, I am anxious to work with all of you in the future. If you need to get a hold of me, my email is coachhatcher@gmail.com or you can call me at 423-303-0760. Thank you.

HIGHER CALLING WRESTLING CLUB &

UNIV. OF TENNESSEE-CHATTANOOGA WRESTLING

PROUDLY PRESENTS

THE LEGENDARY

DAN GABLE

Coach: Competitor:

- Coached Iowa to 15 NCAA Titles - 3x Iowa High School State Champion

- 21 Big Ten Team Titles - 2x NCAA Champion

- Coached 45 National Champions - 182-1 Combined prep and college record

- Coached 152 All-Americans - 6x Midlands Champion

- Coached 106 Big Ten Champions - Outstanding Wrestler at Tbilisi Tourn.

- 3x NCAA Coach of the Year - 1972 Olympic Gold Medalist

- 9 Consecutive NCAA titles - Did not surrender a point in Munich Games

- Coached 12 Hawkeye Olympians - Top 100 Olympians of all time

- 'Sports Figure of the Century in Iowa' by Sports Illustrated - Wrestler of the Century by Gannett Co.

The Higher Calling Wrestling Club and the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga wrestling team are pleased to announce that they will be hosting wrestling legend Dan Gable at their respective facilities on October 12-13, 2007. The event will kick-off on Friday at the Jones Wrestling Center in Cleveland, TN, (See event schedule at the bottom). It will start with a motivational talk from Coach Gable followed by a technique session by the new Higher Calling Wrestling Club coach and former Gable wrestler, Mike Hatcher. The event will continue on Saturday morning at the MaClellan Gymnasium at UTC. It will begin with a technique session by Coach Gable, followed by an open UTC practice session, featuring UTC Head Coach and World Team member, Chris Bono. This will be a unique opportunity to learn, meet, and be inspired by the biggest name wrestling has ever had to offer. You will also be exposed to elite level instruction, training facilities, and practice planning. This is a must for all athletes and coaches looking to better themselves in the sport of wrestling. The cost of the two-day event is only $35. Groups of 10 or more may attend for $25 each. Make checks payable to Higher Calling Wrestling Club. If you have any questions, feel free to call Mike Hatcher at (423) 303-0760. See you on the 12th!!

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 12 SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13

4 ??“ 5 p.m. Dan Gable Motivational Talk 9 ??“ 10:15 a.m. Dan Gable Technique Session

5 ??“ 6 p.m. Mike Hatcher Technique Session 10:15 ??“ 11:30 UTC Wrestling Practice

*Shower facilities will be

available after the clinic 6 p.m. UTC Homecoming Football Game

Vs. Western Carolina

For information, contact Mike Hatcher by phone at (423) 303-0760 or email at coachhatcher@gmail.com

HIGHER CALLING WRESTLING CLUB

Fall 2007 Practice Schedule

The Higher Calling Wrestling Club is committed to providing its athletes the tools to help them succeed, not only in the sport of wrestling, but more importantly in life. Through both the coaches??™ and athletes??™ dedication to training and preparation, HCWC will exemplify the true meaning of winning, success, and character, both on and off the mat.

HIGHER CALLING CLUB COACH:

Mike Hatcher was a member of four National Championship teams at the University of Iowa. Coach Hatcher spent 5 years training and wrestling for the legendary Coach Dan Gable. Coach Hatcher spent 12 years as a head high school wrestling coach and has recently moved to Cleveland to promote and grow the sport of wrestling in this area.

LEVEL 1 GROUP: SEPTEMBER 10TH-OCTOBER 18th (MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY @ 6:30 P.M.)

Level 1 group is designed for the advanced middle school/high school wrestler who is looking to get to the next level. Athletes in this group will be provided with continued mastery of basic skills, introduction to new advanced skills, intense drilling, combative wrestling, and conditioning. This pre-season group will gear their training towards local and national pre-season competitions, as well as, proper preparation for their upcoming middle/high school season. Cost: $150

LEVEL 2 GROUP: SEPTEMBER 11TH-OCTOBER 18th (TUESDAY, THURSDAY @ 5:15 P.M.)

Level 2 group is designed for the beginning middle school/high school wrestler who is looking for an introduction to, or to build on a limited knowledge base of the sport of wrestling . Athletes in this group will be provided with an introduction of basic skills, intense drilling, combative wrestling, and conditioning. This pre-season group will gear their training for local tournaments, as well as, proper preparation for their upcoming middle/high school season. Cost: $125

PRIVATE AND SMALL GROUP LESSONS (SCHEDULED ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY)

Private and small group lessons are encouraged to help all athletes focus on specific areas where improvement is needed in a more personalized teaching group. Athletes are encouraged to decide which area of concentration the lesson will be designed towards. Lessons could be designed to provide additional work in all areas of wrestling, ranging from single leg attack offense to conditioning. All lessons will be an hour in length.

Cost: One-on-one : $50

2-3 athletes: $30/athlete

VIDEO ANALYSIS SESSIONS (SCHEDULED ACCORDING TO AVAILABILITY)

Video analysis sessions are available to all Higher Calling Wrestling Club athletes. Sessions can be used for evaluating practice or competition performance. Analyzing video is a big key to recognizing trouble areas. All analysis sessions will be an hour in length. Cost: $40/session

For more information or if you have further questions contact:

Mike Hatcher

(423) 303-0760

coachhatcher@gmail.com

This thing's the real deal guys /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />