My TV30 Thursday Night Lights

DS2001

Looks like Nashville Cable Channel 30 is going to broadcast some select Thursday Night High school games which will be great exposure for the lucky teams. The first two are Ravenwood vs Goodpasture and Hendersonville vs Beech..........Kudos to My TV30 for undertaking this venture and supporting high school football in the mid state. With the CSS game on Friday night, fans can get a glimpse of several teams during the season.

Page plays on CSS in Week 1 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

like i said unless we are playing some of those nashville area teams schools in the southern most part of middle tenn. doesn't get much air time at all.the last time i checked page was in franklin,williamson county thats pretty close to nashville

• 3 weeks later...

like i said unless we are playing some of those nashville area teams schools in the southern most part of middle tenn. doesn't get much air time at all.the last time i checked page was in franklin,williamson county thats pretty close to nashville

Since TV stations are businesses that sell air time to advertisers I suspect that the reason they don't televise games of schools from the rural counties is that there are not enough businesses who want to advertise to those people who would watch two teams from a rural county with a small population play. It appears to me to be just a business decision.

Businesses will reach more potential customers by sponsoring games between teams that are located in the Nashville Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area (SMSA) than by sponsoring games between schools outside the SMSA (can you say population density?).

It's not unlike why the SEC got 15-year television contracts from CBS and ESPN and the Sun Belt Conference didn't. Both networks knew that they could make billions selling ad time to businesses who want to reach the SEC fan with their messages.

You may want to organize a group of businesses in your area to buy air time on a television station to televise your biggest game in your county.

Since TV stations are businesses that sell air time to advertisers I suspect that the reason they don't televise games of schools from the rural counties is that there are not enough businesses who want to advertise to those people who would watch two teams from a rural county with a small population play. It appears to me to be just a business decision.

Businesses will reach more potential customers by sponsoring games between teams that are located in the Nashville Standard Metropolitan Statistical Area (SMSA) than by sponsoring games between schools outside the SMSA (can you say population density?).

It's not unlike why the SEC got 15-year television contracts from CBS and ESPN and the Sun Belt Conference didn't. Both networks knew that they could make billions selling ad time to businesses who want to reach the SEC fan with their messages.

You may want to organize a group of businesses in your area to buy air time on a television station to televise your biggest game in your county.

well then why in the crap do we have my tv30 on our cable provider,why do we have wsmv,wkrn,and all the other nashville channels on our cable provider.what better oppritunity to advertise businesses in and around nashville to the "rural" counties. we have I-65 running through our county,us "rural" counties know how to get to nashville.i've noticed taco bell is the primary sponsor.we know what taco bell is, heck we even got one in "rural" pulaski,and so does alot of the other "rural" counties.i see you point,but unless its something negative,or a tornado comes through, us southern "rural" counties don't get any coverage especially sports coverage what so ever unless we are up in nashville playing.we have electricity ,running water,indoor plumbing,and even wear shoes.all i'm saying is give us "rural" counties a chance to showcase our teams.

well then why in the crap do we have my tv30 on our cable provider,why do we have wsmv,wkrn,and all the other nashville channels on our cable provider.what better oppritunity to advertise businesses in and around nashville to the "rural" counties. we have I-65 running through our county,us "rural" counties know how to get to nashville.i've noticed taco bell is the primary sponsor.we know what taco bell is, heck we even got one in "rural" pulaski,and so does alot of the other "rural" counties.i see you point,but unless its something negative,or a tornado comes through, us southern "rural" counties don't get any coverage especially sports coverage what so ever unless we are up in nashville playing.we have electricity ,running water,indoor plumbing,and even wear shoes.all i'm saying is give us "rural" counties a chance to showcase our teams.

It is an unfortunate fact of life that the small communities have fewer people than big places like Memphis and Nashville. TV stations charge for advertising based on the number of viewers. Nashville people are less likely to watch a rural game, so the station shows a game that will attract Nashville TV viewers. Yeah, a local business in a place like Pulaski could buy an advertisement on a broadcast, but even if the Pulaski businesses were lining up to do so, ultimately there would be less viewers and the station's incoming revenues would suffer due the drop in the advertising rate.

You have the Nashville channels on cable in the rural areas because that's what viewers want. Otherwise, what would they show?

It is an unfortunate fact of life that the small communities have fewer people than big places like Memphis and Nashville. TV stations charge for advertising based on the number of viewers. Nashville people are less likely to watch a rural game, so the station shows a game that will attract Nashville TV viewers. Yeah, a local business in a place like Pulaski could buy an advertisement on a broadcast, but even if the Pulaski businesses were lining up to do so, ultimately there would be less viewers and the station's incoming revenues would suffer due the drop in the advertising rate.

You have the Nashville channels on cable in the rural areas because that's what viewers want. Otherwise, what would they show?

i understand the whole advertising and money issue.we also have all the huntsville,al stations to.but my point is its just frustrating that unless its something negative going on in the community or we have a tornado that leaves us with major devastation we(us rural counties)don't get any sports coverage unless we are playing in the nashville area they don't take the time to reach out to the rural communities.

Thursday games this year have been:

Ravenwood at Goodpasture

Hendersonvile at Beech

Hillsboro at Stratford

Smyrna at Brentwood Academy

ASIDE FROM THE FIRST WEEK'S MATCHUP THERE HAS NOT BEEN ONE OTHER GAME THAT HAS BEEN "EXCITING" FROM BEGINNING TO END. MAYBE NEXT WEEK'S GAME WILL NOT BE SUCH A "DOWNER" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

The limited coverage by TV stations throughout Tennessee has opened the door to companies like mine (ATWSportscast.com) as an alternative to the "TV Broadcast". We have contacted 95 percent of the high schools in the state and offered our live video coverage to their sports programs to use for FREE.

I know it's not like setting in front of the 60 inch Sony, but your aunt in Cincinnati can atleast watch our broadcast over the internet.

Any of you that need this type of coverage contact us through the ATWSportscast.com site.

Thanks

Dean Johnson