District 10-AAA

RooneyFan3

Columbia has indeed "flipped the table" but with their inconsistancy, i just dont see it happening this time. Im a fan of Columbia, shelbyville, and seigal. I attend as many games as i possibly can, after watching columbia's showings of '09, I Valued my attention mainly on them this year, going and watching as many games as i can, and quite frankly, im rather dissapointed.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickson has a really young team this year and I don't really see them making it into the district final or anything. I think at most they have 2 seniors, 3 juniors and the rest are freashmen and somphmores. Plus their coaching is horrible, so maybe a new coach and a few years, they will be a good team...

Dickson is young but...

If Dickson's coaching is horrible as you say, how did they win the district a few years ago, and then same coaches took the girls program to the regions.

The only reason Dickson won district that year is because of the Assistant coach they had that year and for only that year. I think his name was Jared or something like that ,but he was only there for the one season and is one of the reasons they won besides the talented players on the team who most of them play on travel teams and got the necessary coaching there and not in high school. The girls went to region only because there is not a lot of strong competition for them in their own district and they also have had better coaching in travel as well.

The only reason Dickson won district that year is because of the Assistant coach they had that year and for only that year. I think his name was Jared or something like that ,but he was only there for the one season and is one of the reasons they won besides the talented players on the team who most of them play on travel teams and got the necessary coaching there and not in high school. The girls went to region only because there is not a lot of strong competition for them in their own district and they also have had better coaching in travel as well.

Oh really, I thought only three girls were on a travel team? I didn't know assisant coaches made decisions on who to sub and who to start, etc.

If the assistant coach did maybe Dickson could have made it past region or won the District tournament more than one time. It doesn't matter because the likelyhood of Dickson making it to the District Final this year or next year is very slim. At least untill they get proper coaching, which they will if they play travel. Then they be will someone to watch out for, but untill then they are no threat.