Why couldn't TN, KY, IN, and OH determine a best team?

HughieV

My name is Hughie V.  I have always been a high school football junkie.  I have followed CA, NY, PA, TN, KY, OH, IN and many other states.  I have relocated to Evansville, IN so now over the past couple of years, I have followed TN, KY, IN, and OH high school football.  Why couldn't the best teams from these states find a way to determine a fair outcome of who has the best hs football team?  After all, these 4 states are close enough to do this.  For example, Louisville Trinity, KY and St. X, KY are most likely the 2 best teams from KY for 2013.  In TN, for example, Ensworth and Brentwood Academy could possibly be the 2 best teams from TN.  In IN, you have to go to Indianapolis to find the 2 best teams.  So Lawrence, Indianapolis and Indianapolis Cathedral could possibly be the 2 teams to represent IN.  In OH, Moeller and St. X, OH could possibly be the 2 best teams in OH.  Even though there is no guarantee that these are the best teams in the 4 states, it could be determined if these 4 states shortened their season and left room for a 8 team hs football tournament, inviting 2 teams from each of these states.

Even though the 2013 hs football season has not started, the season opener between Ensworth, TN and Louisville Trinity, KY should be huge.  Like my friend, Omaha Vol had said last year, what a match up this game would have been in 2011 and 2012.    2 of the best hs football athletes that I have seen play in 2011 and 2012 were Corn Elder from Ensworth and James Quick from Louisville Trinity.  When looking at some of the match up in these 4 states for 2013, I can't help but complement Louisville Trinity on this year's schedule.  Even though Louisville Trinity, KY graduated just about their entire defense, and their offensive stand outs, they have chosed to play teams like Ensworth, TN, Carmel, Indianapolis, Lawrence Central, Indianapolis, Colerain, OH, Indianapolis Cathedral, IN, St. X, KY, then playing 2 easier opponents then concluding their regular with Arch Bishop Moeller, OH.  Then spend the next 6 weeks in a KY 6A state playoff which could very easily be conducted as a 3 week playoff leaving 3 weeks for this 8 team format.

I am also impressed with Indianapolis Cathedral's schedule.  They open the season against a great Ben Davis football team, then they play Warren Central, Bishop Chatard, St. X, OH, Louisville Trinity and Arch Bishop Moeller, OH.  They also spend 6 weeks in a state tournament which they play for their playoff survival which is basically their state championship for the first 3 weeks, then breeze through their state semi-finals and finals.  The only state that would really have trouble with this 8 team tournament would be OH.  Only because, they beat the living crap out of each other week after week before their state tournament even begins.  Only to have to play each other a second time to win their state championship.

My 2013 choice for the state of TN is Brentwood Academy.  Only because in the past they have ventured out to play the best football teams from these other 3 states.  When looking at the schedules for 2013 hs football, I was really impessed with these out of state contests.  Ensworth at Louisville Trinity, Ben Davis, Indianapolis at St. X, OH, Indianapolis Cathedral and Louisville Trinity, Indianapolis Cathedral and Arch Bishop Moeller, a new hs football power to our area, Lawrence, Indianapolis, 2012 5A IN state champion who plays St. Ignatius, OH and Louisville Trinity.  St. X, OH and Louisville Trinity, and St. X, OH and Indianapolis Cathedral.

So if all these very good hs football programs can play against each other during the regular season, wouldn't it be a hs football junkie's dream to see these 4 states put an 8 team tournament together?

I don't know whether anyone reading this post visits Unapproved Website but Rivals basically feels that your 4 states for 2013 just hang around and play each other because you don't belong with the FL, CA, TX, GA, and the rest of America's hs football.  Me, personally, have seen the degree of competition in these 4 states and am proud to have watched your great hs football.

Hughie V.

• 3 months later...