Any oakland fans out there?

oaklandLB11

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

My boys at Oakland will be just fine. Be certain that they will be at the top of the heap come play-off time. They need to keep the right frame of mind and bust their butts during the summer to stay in shape.....hear me Smitty???

Region4fan,

I'm a player at ohs and i've seen the way u back us up on here and i appreciate it. It's awesome. Our work ethic in the weightroom and on the feild is nuhtin but the best... our coaches push us to our full potential.. we arent there yet but our seniors have led and even sum of us juniors have too.

We have so much leadership, and the team is full of heart. By reading sum of your stuff i take it that u already knew that.

Well it's nice to see a devoted fan.

Thanx

P.S. Maybe u saw me this past season... i was a starting sophomore middle linebacker #19, im now #11.

Guest region4fan

Ah yes...I know exactly who you are. You have true heart and much talent. I am appreciative of your compliments toward me. BUT...it is easy to support such fine athletes and coaches that reek honor, pride, and sportsmanship!!!I have always been impressed with your coaching staff. They truly love their players at Oakland, and it is so obvious. I am excited to see that you guys are fired up already for a great season. I am sure going to miss those seniors especially my hit man Carter, that head-hunter Hill, and that smooth blocker Parrott. It is always sad to see such assets to the team to graduate. However,the best thing about Oakland is that the players always come back to support each other .

#11...you just keep up that winning attitude of yours and never lose that fighting spirit...and we may just see you with those captain bars on your jacket!! How is 'Los looking in the weightroom?

I have been an avid Oakland fan for several years now. Even though I am surrounded by Siegel parents now where I live......it is red, white, and blue til the end!

I heard that the baseball field was hit pretty hard from the tornado.....did it mess up the football field too? I also heard that it hit Marty's house and did thousand's of dollars in damage. Thank the good Lord above that he and his family were not hurt!

Guest Oakland

i think i remember you number11, good season you had last year. I know all of you guys will work hard and stay determined and motivated throughout the summer. This upcoming season should be interesting, with depth at every position, plus the much anticipated first game of riverdale transfer a.j. alexander. plus with one of the best coaching staffs in the staff and one of the best defensive coordinator's in coach burke, i think this could very well be the year you guys break down that riverdale wall that is the region championship. I predict big things for you guys, now stick it to em to make us proud!

Guest region4fan

Peck is no longer at Oakland. His father was transferred out of state. Peck did all he could do to stay, but it wasn't in the cards. We wish him well and know he will be a fine addition to whatever school was fortunate enough to get him.What a loss!

Guest Oakland

region 4 fan, i am disappointed that peck had to transfer to, but from what i have been told that isnt a big loss for oakland and should be able to pick up peck's position and not miss a beat.

Guest region4fan

I am going to trust you on this one Oakland2001. I know thta Peck saved us more than once with interceptions at crucial times. If you say that he will not be missed, then I am thrilled!

Guest Oakland

what i am saying is that is all the guy did last year, he didnt really have good cover skills. granted he did have interceptions in crucial parts of the game ex: battle of the boro I, but oakland has some talent at db so i am not too worried about replacing peck.

Guest region4fan

Oakland2001..I saw where you said you were about to graduate. Were you on the football team this year? I kind of gathered in other posts that you were on the baseball team. I was certainly not insinuating that we did not have talent at the DB position. Peck was by no means the only OHS player to intercept the ball or to deflect a pass. We were very strong in the secondary, I think. I just thought that Peck was only going to get better and better since he was just a soph. I am sure happy with the others that we are so fortunate to still have!

Guest Oakland

no region 4 fan, i didnt letter in any sports at OHS, but was a student manager for the guys basketball team for 3 years. I am just your average senior guy who has a real knowledge and passion for OHS athletics and hopefully when i get a good job next year, i will be able to be a financial contributor as well. But as far as greg goes, i know what ya mean, and by no means did i mean he wasnt good, he just isnt as good as people make him out to be.