clinton vs. oak ridge

primetimeplayer10

Good post Shack159. I also beleive that coaches can not reach all of there players, Therefore some fall between the cracks. There are some Coaches that only want the kids for there athlitic abilty and nothing else. Therefore other players suffers because, the coach plays his favorites. Also disapline starts from home, coaches need to make sure that there players are dissplined before they hit the court , to represent there school. I do see this at Clinton, Players sould'nt be allowed to play when they rant and rave all the time. Your younger kids at your feeder programs see all this. No wonder kids transfer to other schools

Iam sure Clinton will loose many, before it's said and done. It seems to me that your Athlitic Director would monitor disapline problems for players. I'am sure the community would be happy to see results. Remember that teachers and Coaches are paid to teach, not to have your Students or Players Teaching themselves. Because when you allow them to teach thereselve, they become that satistic we see way to often( the ones that fall between the cracks)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, its amazing to see what people have to say about others. I am not going to put anyone down at all, but frankly I'm guite hurt by all the terrible things said about lockard. He is one of the best guys I have ever met and would do absolutely anything for his boys. And I'm am completely shocked and blown away by the race issue, that is plain ole ridiculous. You obviously no nothing about Clinton and the Clinton coaching staff. So come back when you know people. And that is you all being very narrow minded. I can not believe anything would be said like that on this board. Wasn't the topic of conversation the O.R. Clinton game??? I do believe it was. So to all you who put terrible things about Clinton's program I'm deeply saddened.

The O.R. Clinton game wasn't what a whole lot of people thought it would be. Both teams will get much better during the season and I think the game at clinton will be much much more interesting. We will all see what both teams are made of.

Marcvols, can you believe this stuff, its crazy!!! But all Clinton people know the truth about this program and everything along with it, so at least we know.

Good luck to Anderson Co. this year and of course to my beloved Dragons!!!

The Mav, I will give you one thing. You are right. That is not what this board is about. Im not even from this area. Like i said inmy first post. I have been following high school basketball for 50 years. That is what i will continue to do. And from the game Friday. This opinion was formed. By you being so defensive, Im assuming that I'm hitting close to home. This is not to thrash a program. This is to voice an opinion. Im sure that I'm not the only who feels this way, but I am probably the only person brave enough to voice this.

Are you saying that is the first time you have seen the team play? You don't even live around here?

If the answer is yes then I will form an "opinion". I bet you use the race excuse all the time. It sounds to me like you are the racist.

how about all the people that are going to bash teams and say stuff about kids need to just quit posting and worry about something else. i know i dont like it when i get on here and have to here everybody say how bad we are and how bad we act on and off the court how bout just keep your negative comments to your selve and let the people who want to say positive things about the kids post

Sorry Primetimeplayer,

But you were the one who started all this trash talking about how Clinton was the best team and how you have beat all these great teams...You get on here with all of the other players and bash other teams and say how you are going to beat them by 30 points, but it doesn't happen....Everybody keeps talking about how great Clinton is and the tradition they have but they have all this talent and has only been to state ONCE......I hope Clinton does great this year but i have been around long enough to know what happens at the Dragon Den....Also in the O.R. game how many outside shots do you have to take before you make one....Work the ball down low to either Morris or Viebert? Sorry if that is wrong....He had a guard that was trying to play defense on him, give him the ball down low.....

Good luck Dragons the rest of the way

Coach Lockard's style is about trying to win (as are the styles of most other coaches). Sure, he likes to press and push the ball up the floor; there's nothing wrong with that, same as there is nothing wrong with teams that prefer to play at a slower pace. Coach Lockard has pressed with small teams, large teams, and in between teams. To say that he prefers the 3 point shot is a misnomer; he preaches get the ball in the paint all the time- his 1999-2000 team was a terrible perimeter shooting team (but they won the district title), his 2001-02 team was led by the inside punch of Jesse Rodd and Travis Morrow (also won the district title). Coach Lockard likes his teams to shoot the three from the inside-out and in transition. Whatever you want to say about Clinton, most would agree that they usually play very hard and are very aggressive. Part of the perception about Clinton is simple, their style is in your face from baseline to baseline. Coach Lockard also believes that his style wears at people (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't) and that he will use his teams' athleticism to grind out wins. Folks, he's won quite a few ballgames, and rarely are his teams out of a game. Few know the situations of some of the kids that have come through his program and even fewer would take the time to get to know some of the kids that he has coached. For some, it is often easier to simply kick a kid off a team (sometimes this is warranted); other times, you'll find that sacrificing a kid is not what is best for that student in the long run (i.e., drop out of school). I would suggest that those who have a problem with Coach Lockard simply ask him about it- believe me, he has a reason for everything he does. Otherwise, get off his back; his priorities are right- the kids come first.