Reha throw the game or did McMinn step up?

athlete12

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even beging to tell you how many times this year Mcminn County has lost to good teams by 3 points or less. They could never find the way to finish the games, and now since they beat Cumberland and Rhea in the district tournament there are talks of Rhea letting down so Mcminn could win. Face it ladies and gentlemen- Mcminn does have a quality basketball team once the other 4 starters beside Jajuan want to actually come out and play. All im hearing on this thread is excuses

I dont think you are hearing any excuses. And I agree 100% that McMinn is a good team and that they do have the ability to beat good teams. Yet, I have seen Rhea this year and to sit back in a 2-3 zone and let one of the best players shoot an uncontested 3 pointer to tie the game is a little bit fishy. Having a 14 point lead going into the 4th and having countless turnovers that this Rhea team never has, such as throwing the ball away, dribbling off their foot, and such. And after knowing that the Rhea coach confronted another coach about where he wanted to finish in the bracket and saying he didnt want to finish in Bradleys bracket, I dont doubt that Rhea threw this game.

with two seconds if you don't contest a shot that's not dumb. in most cases they'll miss. but you don't know if he missed those freethrows on purpose or not. you don't know what he was thinking. and as for the coach saying miss it. i kinda doubt that seeing as i was sittin rite next to the coach. i didn't hear it.

So Albert. Let me get this right. You would rather have someone shooting a shot uncontested to tie a game rather than a shot contested. I would think you have greater odds of making the shot when you aren't contested then when you are. No matter who it is, but especially when it is JaJaun Smith. It would only make it harder to make if you are contested. You can't tell me that someone has greater odds of missing and uncontested shot that one that is.

All you have to do is ask Rhea County's coach what happened and he will tell you for himself. He let the kids vote before the game to decide if they wanted to win or throw it and lose. The kids voted to throw the game and try to lose. They don't believe that they can beat Bradley and wanted to be in the opposite bracket in the region tournament. And yes, they chose not to guard the out of bounds play with 2.1 seconds left in the game and leave it in McMinn County's hands as to whether the game would go in overtime or not. Ask the coach that question too. He will tell you that he let the kids decide during the timeout right before that play if they wanted to just go ahead and win or still try to lose and they again said they wanted to lose. They decided to see if JuJuan could make the shot and he did to put it in overtime. Now if I were the teams that are in their bracket in the region tournament I would be out to get them. It is an insult to all of them that Rhea threw a game in their district tournament to be opposite of Bradley because they think they can beat every other team in the region.