Dyersburg

dms

mg, how did the Lady Trojans look against Jackson Co.? From the score I saw they must have had a good game. As hard as Coffman works and has the girls work, DHS should be in for a banner year. I know he has a great group of kids that will put it on the line.

825442574[/snapback]

dms, i don't know how the game went, because i wasn't there but i have been around dyersburg basketball for a long time and they look solid. They have depth on the bench about five players that can hit 20 points on any given night. players such as Laceila Newman, has great stlye of play shoting and dribble driving, kayla holloway who is 6'3 and unstoppable once she get the ball in the paint and blocking everything on defense that comes near her. shounda strayhorn, junior point gaurd, has great sense of playing ball, she can beat you all night up and down the floor look for her and holloway to run that pick and roll. kayla bartlett senior guard that always plays hard every play and one of the best dribble drivers i've seen in girls play and best defensive player. and can't forget about tara butler deadly from beyond the arc, Mary ozment just as good from the three point range, Latroya mitchell senior postplayer that get you a double double very easliy. And the captain of the ship coach coffman know what he has to do to get his team going probabaly one of the best coaches in the area. These group of girls are going to turn heads this year on there way to state. all i have to say don't doubt this group of kids. thumb

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks coach Pete for the rundown of the girls. I am very familiar with the girls. I coached most of them in middle school and I have worked with Randy since he has been in Dyersburg. I am not able to attend the games this year and I want to keep up with them this season because I think it will be a special year. I check coacht daily to try to keep up with Dyersburg.

talk about going over my head....dms are you coachc?

if so, i will do a better job of giving game recaps....

825443441[/snapback]

mg, that's me. What gave me away - my logon name or my location?

I would appreciate you giving the recaps. You know how much I miss going to the games. I truly believe the girls have a legitimate shot of going a long way this year and I hate that I will not be there to support them.

hey coach c. nice to hear from you. you think you will go back to coaching whenever you return home or do you want to end your coaching career with the great season you had last year? By the way how are your players, from last year, doing thus far this season because I really enjoyed watching them last year and would like to keep up with them throughout their high school seasons because you had some players with a bright futures and that could help their high school teams. Please update me as soon as you get a chance.

hey coach c. nice to hear from you.  you think you will go back to coaching whenever you return home or do you want to end your coaching career with the great season you had last year?  By the way how are your players, from last year, doing thus far this season because I really enjoyed watching them last year and would like to keep up with them throughout their high school seasons because you had some players with a bright  futures and that could help their high school teams. Please update me as soon as you get a chance.

825449980[/snapback]

Hey, Wildhorses. What team do you follow?

Jessica Light. one of the guards, is still at the middle school and having a good year so far, leading the team in scoring. They are 4-1 so far. Cali Cupples went to Dyer Co. and is getting some playing time. I have not heard how the others have been doing at DHS. They are an outstanding group of young ladies and they should have excellent high school careers. They work very hard and are very coachable. I am looking forward to getting back home and seeing them play next year.