Westmoreland clinches District 8A title

srfreagle14

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a very good ball club. When they are hitting shots they are very tough to beat. They have an opportunity to make a run at the state tournament. However, they are not so good that they can't be put out earlier. Friendship and Van Buren both have the enough tallent to beat Westmoreland on any given night. In the region, I would think that Pickett would be the favorite, and Clay County could give any team fits also. Should be a great district and regional tournament with Pickett and Westmoreland as the favorites. thumb

Westmoreland is good but they will not stand a chance against Pickett Co.  they would win by 20 in my book. Westmoreland is good but not even close to Pickett Co.

825556139[/snapback]

Westmoreland only lost by nine to Pickett in the tip off classic at Pickett which only a preseason game. Plus they put Pickett out in the first round of regions last year.

That was last year...Pickett is a whole lot better than last year...

825556151[/snapback]

Westmoreland and Pickett would be a great game. Tough defense played by both teams. Both take care of the ball and both shoot the ball well. The important thing will be district tournaments. The seedings going into the region will be important. No one thought Trousdale County had a chance last year but they got hot at the right time. As of right now, no one has beaten Westmoreland in the district but they have had several close games. I don't know if that will help them or hurt them come district tournament time. In the other district, other than Clarkrange, I don't think anyone has played Pickett close. That should give them the edge in the district tournament. They may be that much better than the other teams. But don't count 8a out of the running. For the past two years they have shown that they are capable of winning the region. :P

Man Eagle you need to get your facts straight. The Eagles would not stand a chance against Pickett Co. they are a whole lot better ball club than the one in westmoreland I have seen westmoreland play and i am not that impressed with Custer he hasn't shown anything like he did last year. Perry is a good ball player but the Eagles still don't stand a chance against Bailey and Pickett Co. just face the facts Pickett is deff. the better team!

Man Eagle you need to get your facts straight. The Eagles would not stand a chance against Pickett Co. they are a whole lot better ball club than the one in westmoreland I have seen westmoreland play and i am not that impressed with Custer he hasn't shown anything like he did last year. Perry is a good ball player but the Eagles still don't stand a chance against Bailey and Pickett Co. just face the facts Pickett is deff. the better team!

825556363[/snapback]

The great thing is that we will get the chance to see it on the court. I didn't say who would or wouldn't win, I just said that I thought it would be a good game. I'm sure the people from Pickett felt the same way last year. In this region, there are five teams that can match up with any other team on any given night. Pickett and Westmoreland have been the most consistant all year, but all it takes is one bad game, or one team getting hot, and everything changes in the tournaments. I expected Pickett to the regions last year and it didn't happen. I'm a fan of both schools in that I like the way they both play. I've seen them both play and I would be afraid to call a winner either way. That's not knocking either school, just calling it like I see it. thumb