Boyd Buc in 2005

Magnum112

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One player that comes to mind is Anthony Hathaway. He is going to be another great RB for Boyd. He didn't get too much attention running behind Peardon, but everytime he carried the ball, he showed a lot of talent.

They lost a bunch of seniors, but they will do just fine. Each year they lose several starters, but they just keep on winning anyway. Coaching and a winning culture will keep the success going. They've proven each year that they can win against 2A, 3A, and 4A teams. In recent years they have had good success against 2A powers Lipscomb and Goodpasture. In fact, they beat Lipscomb the year Lipscomb won the 2A title. They have a very tough non-region schedule including Baylor, Red Bank, Fulton, & CPA which should prepare them for a playoff run. I'm not going to go so far as to claim they're going to win it all, but I think they can win the region, and will be more successful in the 2A playoffs than some might expect.

One player that comes to mind is Anthony Hathaway. He is going to be another great RB for Boyd. He didn't get too much attention running behind Peardon, but everytime he carried the ball, he showed a lot of talent.

They lost a bunch of seniors, but they will do just fine. Each year they lose several starters, but they just keep on winning anyway. Coaching and a winning culture will keep the success going.  They've proven each year that they can win against 2A, 3A, and 4A teams. In recent years they have had good success against 2A powers Lipscomb and Goodpasture. In fact, they beat Lipscomb the year Lipscomb won the 2A title.  They have a very tough non-region schedule including Baylor, Red Bank, Fulton, & CPA which should prepare them for a playoff run. I'm not going to go so far as to claim they're going to win it all, but I think they can win the region, and will be more successful in the 2A playoffs than some might expect.

825638245[/snapback]

Great Sale!

Edited by possum

im lookin forward to see how boyd does this season as they have there first year in 2A. I believe they will do pretty well in the region. they have a lot of tough non region games. as much as id like to see them go undefeated i doubt that will happen with teams like fulton on ur schedule who returns a lot of players from there state champ team last year but this will only be a way to make the bucs better.

I tihnk Boyd will do just fine....but they've got a lot to prove after losing some very key players.  Many people think that was all that team was...and in 1A its easier to win with just a couple.

Now, I AM NOT saying that's what I think...that's just what they've got to prove this year.

825638493[/snapback]

sup grad...long time no talk

Probably Weston Perry..  I wish that boyd played Ooltewah... I know it probably wouldnt be a close game but i think it would help boyd out alot in the long run playing against a very good time like Ooltewah

825640032[/snapback]

What are you talking about playing a good team, boyd plays Baylor, fulton, cookville, tyner, and red bank next year, some pretty good teams.