Oneida and Scott High

powerhouse 11

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just wanna play em to see whur they stand and see how good they really are. Man most oneida guys that i talk to dont have any faith in their team at all. But with them have this new coaching staff and er thing, i would bet almost ne thing that they will be very good this year. I know of a few very talented athletes down thur in onieda. Scott and Oneida would not only be a high money income game.........but dang i bet it would be a heck of a battle!!! but scott would still win!!!!! thumb

I don't think it's any secret that the coaches at Scott High would like to see this game on the schedule. But I don't blame Oneida for not wanting to put the game on the schedule; Scott is a bigger school and, as such, it would probably be a little lopsided.

However, the gap is closing between the two schools in terms of enrollment. Scott is under 800 now and Oneida is approaching 400. It won't be too many years until there won't be a reason why they shouldn't play . . . if the fans could behave themselves, I think it would be a great game and good for the community. But that's a pretty big if. :D

But Scott has better athletes. Oneida has them, but not all of them play. Last year I know no one could have stayed with Jake and Reber's speed, and it's easy to Scott has bigger linemen for the most part. Somebody said something about Oneida's effort in the past, and that is the truth. The whole attitude for most of the sports programs is that it's alright if we go 7-3 and make the 2nd round of the playoffs, when in all actuality we have the team to go 10-0 in the regular season, and going deeper intho the playoffs. That is one thing I admire about Scott, they might not win all the time but they still give the effort to win.

Same about Scott. They have tons of athletes but only a few are willing to go through the practices. I dont know about Oniedas effort since I havent had to the chance to see them play, but Scott would win more games if some of those athletes would come out and play!! :D

But Scott has better athletes. Oneida has them, but not all of them play. Last year I know no one could have stayed with Jake and Reber's speed, and it's easy to Scott has bigger linemen for the most part. Somebody said something about Oneida's effort in the past, and that is the truth. The whole attitude for most of the sports programs is that it's alright if we go 7-3 and make the 2nd round of the playoffs, when in all actuality we have the team to go 10-0 in the regular season, and going deeper intho the playoffs. That is one thing I admire about Scott, they might not win all the time but they still give the effort to win.

825656080[/snapback]

Knowing the intensity of the former coaching staff it is very difficult to believe that they would be satisfied with a 7-3 2nd round of the playoffs year, maybe you are just reflecting your own attitude. Are you also stating in your admiration of Scott's efforts to win, that you as a player did not have the same desire? Generally, the posts on topics dealing with "attitude for the most of the sports programs" may only represent your own personal satisfaction with mediocresy.

I meant the players, not the coaches. I am a senior this year and this attitude has been a problem with our teams since I can remember. It's hard to go hard when you get made fun of or even punished by the older players. Being labeled as an "overachiever" or "All-American" by the older players will keep younger players from giving it all and I think that is what hurt us over the years.