AAU SUB STATES CLARKSVILLE

1st - Memphis Celtics

2nd - Nashville Stallions

3rd - Reebok Southeast Elite Tigers 14U

4th - Reebok Southeast Elite Royal 15U

Memphis Celtics won 39-35 in the championship games. Both teams tried to neutralize each others running attack. The score was 3-0 Celtics after 1 quarter. 18-14 at halftime.

Edited by AirForceOne

The SE Tigers 14U team is very strong. How strong? We will find out in Lynchburg on Friday, May 13th. Good Luck!!!

825668308[/snapback]

Indeed. They only lost to the Celtics by 6 in the semi-finals. They led with minutes left to play, but the Celtics pulled ahead and maintained until the bitter end.

1st - Memphis Celtics

2nd - Nashville Stallions

3rd - Reebok Southeast Elite Tigers 14U

4th - Reebok Southeast Elite Royal 15U

Memphis Celtics won 39-35 in the championship games.  Both teams tried to neutralize each others running attack.  The score was 3-0 Celtics after 1 quarter.  18-14 at halftime.

825668272[/snapback]

AFO--THEY DIDNT WANT TO PLAY AGINST THAT ZONE DID THEY... THEY HAVE A REALLY GOOD TEAM... I THINK WE GAVE IT TO THEM AT THE END WHEN WE WERE UP BY 8 WITH 3MN. TO GO.. OUR BOYS GOT CAUGHT IN THE GAME...THEY JUST WOULDNT STOP SHOOTING THE BALL.....3 BAD SHOTS LET THEM BACK IN...BUT WILL TAKE IT........SEE YA AT THE STATE.....

TO THE TEAMS IN CLARKSVILLE.........GOOD RUNS-------GOOD GAMES

AFO--THEY DIDNT WANT TO PLAY AGINST THAT ZONE DID THEY...  THEY HAVE A REALLY GOOD TEAM... I THINK WE GAVE IT TO THEM AT THE END WHEN WE WERE UP BY 8 WITH 3MN. TO GO..  OUR BOYS GOT CAUGHT IN THE GAME...THEY JUST WOULDNT STOP SHOOTING THE BALL.....3 BAD SHOTS LET THEM BACK IN...BUT WILL TAKE IT........SEE YA AT THE STATE.....

TO THE TEAMS IN CLARKSVILLE.........GOOD RUNS-------GOOD GAMES

825668320[/snapback]

Not at all. I didn't appear that they had enough outside shooters or confidence to get the ball into the low post in a half court set so they held the ball for about 5 minutes until the Stallions came out to match up against them man-to-man. They had players that finished well driving to the basket against man-to-man defense and a good transition game. I wondered why the Stallions didn't give them a dose of their own medicine and hold the ball at the end of the third and beginning of the fourth when they had the lead. But I understand players getting caught up in the moment. They wanted to stick a fork in 'em.