McKenzie Rebels

BOHICA

Man, I can't wait 'till we kick it off! I can see now this is gonna be a fun season. We don't know what to expect week after week. We're gonna have some tough competition in class A. It isn't gonna seem a lot different from the class AA years.

As for the 10 pages, this thread needs to still be running at the end of the season. Good job BOHICA. If we can't talk to each other and the posting players on here, we may as well not even listen to the game on the radio!!!!!

I'm older than dirt but, I've always felt it special to be a Rebel. I was (am) one a long time ago. I have two Rebel kids that followed me and a future Rebel comin' in the form of a grandson. We hear talk about how tradition is so big in other towns like H-town (and it is) but, it isn't non-existant here in McKenzie either.

The movie "Friday Night Lights" isn't fiction!!!!!! It's all around us!

825707317[/snapback]

Hey duckman,

I heard that a few guys on the squad liked some quotes off the movies Friday Night Lights and Remember The Titans...........I wonder if we could "pull some strings" to get some of those quotes played over the PA at the games to motivate all the guys. Think we could get that to happen? There might be a few songs out there to........................dang man..................now I'm getting pumped up really bad now.........

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey duckman,

I heard that a few guys on the squad liked some quotes off the movies Friday Night Lights and Remember The Titans...........I wonder if we could "pull some strings" to get some of those quotes played over the PA at the games to motivate all the guys. Think we could get that to happen? There might be a few songs out there to........................dang man..................now I'm getting pumped up really bad now.........

825707591[/snapback]

It would be easier and better to get posters made of the quotes and put 'em up in the fieldhouse and, the stands area during the games. Heck, what do I know though. I'm still ticked off 'cause they stopped the band from playin' "Dixie" at the games.

The playing of appropriate music before and after the games is great and maybe throw in the radio commentary of highlights from the game after it's over are good for the PA.

I do have an idea for two signs to go over the door at the fieldhouse at the school and at the fieldhouse at the stadium though, if you know someone who can letter them to look professional. It won't cost much and some of us can paint 'em.

We can talk "off thread" for this one if you want. You know how to find me. It would be cool to get enough of us coacht fans to kick in and help out with stuff like this and "give an assist" to the Booster Club. Hey, I'm open to any ideas. The quotes from the movies is a good idea if someone could put together a tape/cd with the quotes on it and try to get 'em played in pre-game. Whatever is done in that regard needs to be done in a bigtime and intimidating way yet, not in a ugly way. Again, off thread I will explain this.

Wow, we were all the way back to page three!!! I went by practice today and liked what I saw. I only stayed about twenty or thirty minutes but, saw what I wanted to see. I think the Rebels will be quite competitive in class A. Time will tell.

Ball is a bit bigger than I thought, Hayes is a bit trimmer and more mobile looking than in the past, The line seems like they can hold their own in class A, and the receivers showed good hands.

One question, who is the backup QB to Hayes. He looks to have a good arm too plus good size. Wore jersey #12 in practice????

Duckman the backup qb is Derek Carr.  He is solid. He will be a very good QB.

ChipsAhoy, I am also a rebel. Get in touch with me. My e-mail is sunday_1313@yahoo.com.  I would just like to know who you are and the secret will be between us.

825708465[/snapback]

Drew,

I'd love to tell you who I am, but not at this time. Good luck with the season. I'll be supporting you.

Duckman the backup qb is Derek Carr.  He is solid. He will be a very good QB.

ChipsAhoy, I am also a rebel. Get in touch with me. My e-mail is sunday_1313@yahoo.com.  I would just like to know who you are and the secret will be between us.

825708465[/snapback]

What class is Carr in? He seems to have good size (for a qb--tall and solid lookin') and showed a pretty good arm too. I'll be hoping he's a freshman or sophomore.

So, what # is on your practice jersey?????? You are amongst friends here! thumb

'ol ChipsAhoy is bein' bashful. He's been postin' on here for a while--even last season but, he won't come out of the closet.

Edited by duckman38201

Carr is a soph.  He will lead the rebels to some good records in years to come.    If you come to practice i'll be wearin the black skull cap. You can see it when i take my helmet off. 

Will you be comin to anymore practices?

825708882[/snapback]

Yeah, I'll prolly be around from time to time. Think I already saw you. I'll be drivin' a Mazda 4X4, wine color w/ a wine color cap on it. I filmed for the Rebels for 5 years under Coach Thomas and me and my son both played for the Rebels. So it's kind of a family thing. Got a grandson coming in a few more years too!!!!

Ya'll get it done on the field and we'll get it done in the stands!!!!

BTW, I found a program from a game last season and saw that Carr will be a soph.. That's great. He looks to have grown quite a bit since last year too!? Has he grown or was I just having a visual deception?

Edited by duckman38201