• Recent Posts

• Hmmmmmm doe dee doe doe……sounds like they are leaving Geenback faster than the lawnmower will go in fifth gear.  Hmmmm….. you can bet the lawnmower on that. 
    • West looked solid...excited to see this young group excel
    • When you have a school that right at 200 kids only half are going to be male and to get 25% of them to come out for football is a very hard task. Take away an 8th grade syatem and your you have another hill to climb up. If 5 kids are actually leaving your not going to have enough for practice. Your only chances for wins would be against the weakest of weak teams. At one time Greenback had kids coming across the wall like the Mexican Border and now their leaving town before sundown. A hugh mistake was made on not hiring Ryan back because of his ties to the community and his ability to bring in the right kids, not run them off. The last coach failed because he wasn't one of community so they go out and do it again. I'm sure Coach Clemmer is a good person because I do know people that do like him but he is caught in the middle of a fan base that will not support him no matter what and it could lead to a disaster if that many kids are leaving the program. The person that caused all of this mess has no business on the school board and needs to stick with hiding in the bushes giving out speeding tickets to out of towners coming through.
    • My outsider looking in perspective is Oliver Springs, Coalfield, Rockwood, and Harriman: fill out the top 4 good teams that beat up on the bottom and will all be in a good place to win in the 1st round with one team maybe making it farther. Midway: funnily enough in the middle an alright team that can beat the teams below them but not the top 4 misses the playoffs but still has a decent record. Oakdale, Greenback, Sunbright: round out the bottom each team has its problems and with a rough region and challenging non-conference records may not be pretty. Oakdale graduated lots of talent and experience, Greenback is in all sorts of internal turmoil with their new coach, and Sunbright small roster tough region not tons of Fb played. (Teams could be rearranged with other teams in their groups but this is how I see them finishing)
    • Kids quitting to focus on one sport could be a worry but multi-sport athletes transferring out would damage more than just football so I think the people who made this decision could find out they are going to get burned in multiple ways.