Best Team is Cheatham by far in thier region!

fluffmecatfish1

Guest catfish-hunter
You guys are to much!!! Catfishhunter is a little to tenderhearted towards his Cubs. Be gentle boys. Cheatham will finish no better than 3rd in the region. Put it in your..........fin catfish. Mainly because you give everyone so much lockerroom material!!

Thanks bud, you have, and will continue to be, a big help!!!

We baited you, you bit, now....its on!!!! WAL!!!!!

825751270[/snapback]

What are you talking about you idiot?? I am gonna say what I feel now ;)

The Cubs beat Harpeth and Sycamore (who have a combined record of 3-4) by a total of 84-23.

Creek Wood came from behind to beat both Station Camp and Marshall Co. (who have a combined record of 1-7 on the season). Those two games finals add up to be 40-29.

Need more comparisons????

Creek Wood beat Sycamore 22-0 and it really was more like 14-0. Sycamore gave Creek Wood like a 2 yard field to work with one time and they also gave 'em a 39 yard field after that when they were down 13-0 and decided to go for it on 4th down. Creek Wood really only beat Sycamore 16-0, WOW!!!!

Cheatham Co. dropped a TD pass on their first possession, which led to a missed FG. On their third possession the Cubs fumbled on about Sycamore's 25 yard line. Even with all of that however the Cubs still led over Sycamore 28-3 at halftime. In the second half, unlike Creek Wood, Cheatham did not let up offensively. The Cubs added two more TD's and led 41-3 in the 4th. That was when Sycamore hit a TD pass against Cheatham's freshmen late.

WHAT DOES ALL OF THAT MEAN??? NOTHING AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED :D

Creek Wood & Cheatham Co. are similar football teams. Both like to run the football and do it with a great deal of success. Both have big play passing games that when their quarterbacks are on look out. Both teams are dominant on the defensive side of the football, Creek Wood's only downfall was the first half against Marshall Co. Both have also beaten the teams that they had to beat if they want to be considered among the elite in 3A. HOWEVER, it is now time to see how both fare against solid competiton. Cheatham Co. travels this Friday night to play region favorite David Lipscomb. Creek Wood is playing a solid defensive football team in Mont. Cent., who has only allowed 1TD all season long. If Creek Wood has a bad game offensively this week then their defense may not be able to save them late like they did against Station Camp. In closing let me say good luck to Creek Wood the rest of the way. I don't want to post on a comparison between these two teams until it is time for the two to play one another in week eight in Charlotte.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woodtownweasel...I couldn't help but noticed that you have only 6 posts to your credit which is probably the basis of your misguided post. If you knew a little more about what is going on here, you would know that catfish-hunter is a former Sycamore football player who who was making predictions last week that Sycamore would run up and down the feild on Cheatham County. It is also true that he supports Cheatham County when the two teams are not playing one another. I believe the basis of his posts come from first hand observations of both teams and respect gained from these observations. If that is bulletin board material so be it, that's part of the game. It is no secret how Cheatham County has game planned throughout the season it is just up to the other teams to find a way to stop them. There some who get on here and trash talk, and although I only agree with catfish-hunter some of the time, I think him to be a knowledgable source when he leaves his emotional attachments out of his posts. If you can beat'em then do it, but don't get mad because supporters take pride and ownership of their team.

Guest catfish-hunter
woodtownweasel...I couldn't help but noticed that you have only 6 posts to your credit which is probably the basis of your misguided post.  If you knew a little more about what is going on here, you would know that catfish-hunter is a former Sycamore football player who who was making predictions last week that Sycamore would run up and down the feild on Cheatham County.  It is also true that he supports Cheatham County when the two teams are not playing one another.  I believe the basis of his posts come from first hand observations of both teams and respect gained from these observations.  If that is bulletin board material so be it, that's part of the game.  It is no secret how Cheatham County has game planned throughout the season it is just up to the other teams to find a way to stop them.  There some who get on here and trash talk, and although I only agree with catfish-hunter some of the time, I think him to be a knowledgable source when he leaves his emotional attachments out of his posts.  If you can beat'em then do it, but don't get mad because supporters take pride and ownership of their team.

825751406[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words buddy, but the only reason I ever stated that Sycamore would run up and down the field on CCCHS was just to agree with claminator2004's comments about how bad Cheatham is and how poorly coached they are. If you look back I said Cheatham would get beat by Giles Co. 49-7 the week before that game ever took place and you saw what happened ;)

I do remember that post and it was at about the same time I discovered you had family on the Cheatham County coaching staff. It had me a bit confused and I guess I was convinced that your allegiance was to your former team but maybe I missed the sarcasm in those posts where you claimed Cheatham County would get blown out. If you were in fact making those statements sarcastically it makes your position seem much more valid to me than did before. I'm not trying to start a war of words, but as you often say, "I am just stating my opinions" along with a few bits of information I know to be true. I coached many of those kids on the football team in other sports a couple of years back and know them to be tough nuts. They play hard and with a lot of heart. I just can't stand to see someone post that too much good is said about them because from where I stand now I believe they have grown to deserve more praise than what they are given.

Guest catfish-hunter
I do remember that post and it was at about the same time I discovered you had family on the Cheatham County coaching staff.  It had me a bit confused and I guess I was convinced that your allegiance was to your former team but maybe I missed the sarcasm in those posts where you claimed Cheatham County would get blown out.  If you were in fact making those statements sarcastically it makes your position seem much more valid to me than did before.  I'm not trying to start a war of words, but as you often say, "I am just stating my opinions" along with a few bits of information I know to be true.  I coached many of those kids on the football team in other sports a couple of years back and know them to be tough nuts.  They play hard and with a lot of heart.  I just can't stand to see someone post that too much good is said about them because from where I stand now I believe they have grown to deserve more praise than what they are given.

825751459[/snapback]

You are absolutely right!!! The seniors on this Cubs team are tough as nails to put it lightly. Clint Casteel has overcame more off the field real life tragedy than in the past two years than what I could ever imagine. Landon Jones and Kendall Bell have overcome serious injuries during that same time span and both are playing at a higher level than ever. Ben Moore was in an automobile accident where he was actually pinned against a tree one week before the season even started. Gerry Knox plays through pain every week. Donnie Thomas, who is currently out with a broken foot, will soon be back and I have no doubts that he'll perform at the same high level in which he always does. Jack Hoeh made the move to linebacker this year and on his third play of the season at the position he picked off a pass and returned it for six. Jossiah Lassek made the move from linebacker to cornerback and I'll tell you right now that he might be the best cover corner in the entire region. The play he made at Harpeth on Beach's interception and last week covering Lohin from Sycamore makes him legit. Joey Beach has not only replaced older brother Johnny as the placekicker this season. He has also replaced Thomas both as the team's punter, he has played offense this year and caught two TD passes, and he remains a starter in the Cheatham Co. secondary. That does not even include some of the other guys who have played for the past three years like Brandon Piper, Brad Potts, Derek Jock, Justin Wood, Matt Kirby, and Adam Moss just to name a few. Last year Jerry Henry started as a freshman and right now as a sophomore he may be an all-state caliber tackle. Jesse Boyd, who plays next to Jerry, is starting right now as a freshman on an offensive line that was referred to last week as not being physical.

For those who still doubt this team, first off let me say where have you been, you should come to Nashville tomorrow night to watch the Cubs play traditional midstate powerhouse David Lipscomb. This is going to be a hard nosed physically played football game no question about it ;)

What are you talking about you idiot??  I am gonna say what I feel now :D

The Cubs beat Harpeth and Sycamore (who have a combined record of 3-4) by a total of 84-23. 

Creek Wood came from behind to beat both Station Camp and Marshall Co. (who have a combined record of 1-7 on the season).  Those two games finals add up to be 40-29. 

Need more comparisons????

Creek Wood beat Sycamore 22-0 and it really was more like 14-0.  Sycamore gave Creek Wood like a 2 yard field to work with one time and they also gave 'em a 39 yard field after that when they were down 13-0 and decided to go for it on 4th down.  Creek Wood really only beat Sycamore 16-0, WOW!!!!

Cheatham Co. dropped a TD pass on their first possession, which led to a missed FG.  On their third possession the Cubs fumbled on about Sycamore's 25 yard line.  Even with all of that however the Cubs still led over Sycamore 28-3 at halftime.  In the second half, unlike Creek Wood, Cheatham did not let up offensively.  The Cubs added two more TD's and led 41-3 in the 4th.  That was when Sycamore hit a TD pass against Cheatham's freshmen late. 

WHAT DOES ALL OF THAT MEAN???  NOTHING AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED :D

Creek Wood & Cheatham Co. are similar football teams.  Both like to run the football and do it with a great deal of success.  Both have big play passing games that when their quarterbacks are on look out.  Both teams are dominant on the defensive side of the football, Creek Wood's only downfall was the first half against Marshall Co.  Both have also beaten the teams that they had to beat if they want to be considered among the elite in 3A.  HOWEVER, it is now time to see how both fare against solid competiton.  Cheatham Co. travels this Friday night to play region favorite David LipscombCreek Wood is playing a solid defensive football team in Mont. Cent., who has only allowed 1TD all season long.  If Creek Wood has a bad game offensively this week then their defense may not be able to save them late like they did against Station Camp.  In closing let me say good luck to Creek Wood the rest of the way.  I don't want to post on a comparison between these two teams until it is time for the two to play one another in week eight in Charlotte.

825751377[/snapback]

Will you quit crying little boy? No one cares!!! My opinion is based on at least as much knowledge as yours. I can and will say my peace as I please, as will you. the difference is all you do is cry and insult others. Grow up dude. Do you have any life except this. QUIT CRYING!!!!!!!

Will you quit crying little boy? No one cares!!! My opinion is based on at least as much knowledge as yours. I can and will say my peace as I please, as will you. the difference is all you do is cry and insult others. Grow up dude. Do you have any life except this. QUIT CRYING!!!!!!!

825752643[/snapback]

Please read the above quote. Sounds like the work of a cry baby, hypocrite (note the whining and insults). Your opinion is your opinion and it stinks. "Grow up dude."

There is nothing evil about Lipscomb, and I disagree that they will win tonight, but they do have an obvious advantage over public schools. I competed against Lipscomb in the 80's and 90's and was bitter about it at first but came to except it as a challenge. There was no team on our schedule that I would have rather beat. When kids begin playing together at a young age and run a similar system throughout their schooling, as Lipscomb does, then they will have this advantage. There will be those that hold that against them and others who just want to beat them that much worse.

aj1133 - I have a lot of respect for an opponent that says it like you just did. I get weary of the babble about private schools, recruiting, etc. You are the first I've heard to hit on the success that Lipscomb has had.

It's not recruiting, since almost all of these kids have been together since kindegarten or first grade. It is the system. They start playing together at the fifth grade level. They are well coached. You will have to beat them. They are not going to beat themselves.

Have yourself a safe trip down to our place. I look forward to playing you guys. May the better team win.

Edited by titanman