First Assembly Football

crusaderG

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our QB was the same way when i was there. He was a freshman when i was a senior. Booker played free safety that year and i was the strong safety. One of the most gifted athletes i had ever seen and he was a freshman(and i played at cordova with a guy that is starting at DB for arkansas right now). Having said that he got very frustrated very easily. So i can imagine what playing QB is like for him. I think we'll take care of SBEC this weekend, but Davidson the last week of the season has me very worried. I know nothing about them(weren't in our region when I played) but they seemed to be rolling over everybody. Hopefully we'll finally be able to get over the hump and make it state this year. I know a lot of the guys in my class that are really pulling for that to happen cause we lost 2 heartbreakers in the playoffs my jr. and sr. years. and we will all be in nashville for the game if they make it. Anyways, sorry this was so long. GO CRUSADERS!

CrusaderAlum

FACS is a good school. dont know really, I just wonder what happened when they played Tipon-Rosemark. Did they have a bad game?

DII

No, Rosemark is not a bad team like everyone thinks. They just have alot of personel problems right now, that game was when everyone was playing, no one was hurt or ineligible. And when Rosemark wants it, they will get it, but they dont want it all the time. You can just ask the FACS team, Rosemark drove 80 yards down field to score the winning 3 points. And right now theirs personel problems, with people hurt and ineligible, all who were starters. And the games before that their were those problems too, to a extent.

Our QB was the same way when i was there. He was a freshman when i was a senior. Booker played free safety that year and i was the strong safety. One of the most gifted athletes i had ever seen and he was a freshman(and i played at cordova with a guy that is starting at DB for arkansas right now). Having said that he got very frustrated very easily. So i can imagine what playing QB is like for him. I think we'll take care of SBEC this weekend, but Davidson the last week of the season has me very worried. I know nothing about them(weren't in our region when I played) but they seemed to be rolling over everybody. Hopefully we'll finally be able to get over the hump and make it state this year. I know a lot of the guys in my class that are really pulling for that to happen cause we lost 2 heartbreakers in the playoffs my jr. and sr. years. and we will all be in nashville for the game if they make it. Anyways, sorry this was so long. GO CRUSADERS!

FACS wont beat davidson.

Edited by the muffin man

Byrne has went steadily downhill this year and Rosemark played an awful game against them. Our fault - nobody elses. But Davidson can certainly beat FACS - they may not - who knows - maybe they will have a bad game that night - but they most likely will not and if some are - they have enough good players and depth to just move the ones having bad night out and the good night in. I believe Davidson will win the game.

FACS wont beat davidson.

you also made comments about how we were going to lose to bishop byrne. Wasn't the score 35-12 FACS?

My comment was that FACS might lose to Byrne, yes i thought Byrne would beat FACS, i was wrong, its not the first time, nor will it be the last. Byrne was better when we played them, yall didnt face #7, or at least thats what i was told. But I said it would be close and Byrne would win, but i said that it could go either way, because byrne has declined. But I have played Byrne, and davidson, and Facs, and Davidson is considerably better.

you also made comments about how we were going to lose to bishop byrne. Wasn't the score 35-12 FACS?

My comment was that FACS might lose to Byrne, yes i thought Byrne would beat FACS, i was wrong, its not the first time, nor will it be the last. Byrne was better when we played them, yall didnt face #7, or at least thats what i was told. But I said it would be close and Byrne would win, but i said that it could go either way, because byrne has declined. But I have played Byrne, and davidson, and Facs, and Davidson is considerably better.

FACS is looking tough this year. So is St george. How did FACS control BISHOP so well? you guys must be the real deal

DII

FACS - the real deal? Not hardly. They got a good team but if you push them - over and over - you will win. They have played a very, very, very easy schedule until the last couple games. Byrne has went downhill this year - which usually does not happen. St Georges is a very good team and from what I understand all was pretty even with them - But FAC got a fumble recovered and capitalized off of it. St Georges is very young team. Only got about 2 seniors - mostly sophmores - FACS has got about 11 or 12 seniors and 11 or 12 juniors. St Georges only got about 30 players, FACS this yr got about 40 or so. Yr or 2 for St Georges and they will be awesome. FACS got a good QB that is very athletic. He is good at all sports - mostly basketball - but can do most all well. They got a couple little guys that are fighters and can usually get some good runs. They are not a physical team. Pretty well coached. QB can kick, punt and throw pretty good and can always pick up a few yards with a run.

Davidson is going to be a very hard team i bet, i dont know I say it could go either way. We played byrne and they were no pushover we had a hard fought game and we had all our players. I dont know whats gonna happen

This is the most even year I've seen in Div IIA. Byrne, FACS and Davidson have very different but talented teams. I don't understand the comments about Byrne going down hill. I do not believe that for one moment. Don't forget St. George as well. They are a talented bunch as well. In my opinion, they are the top 4 teams in the division this year.

Rosemark has some personnel problems, but so does everyone else. At this time in every season, most teams are dealing with injuries some key and some not. I don't recall FACS last year talking about all of their injuries and they had plenty.

The playoffs will be good games if the TSSAA doesn't water the bracket down. I believe they need to stick to the top 4 teams and go with it. It is unfair for a #3 team to play a #6 team while #2 sits and waits. What if the #3 team suffers an injury during that game? I don't agree with this at all.

Losing Bill Kelley for the season will hurt Rosemark more than anyone can imagine. He is not only a very good football player, it's my opinion that he is the heart of the team. Another Rebel will have to pick up that role quickly for Rosemark to be successful. It is possible for someone to assume that role, however, this is a young man who lives and breathes football 12 months out of the year.

My pick for state champion this year is Davidson.