Unicoi County Basketball 05-06

bluedevils#1

blue devil, do you think jessie will be the starting point guard or will ben get it? they both are good but from what ive seen over the summer ben is more consistant at the three's. there's no doubt these boys are big but they are going to have to have some good ball handling and watch turn overs and full court presses. that is where i think jessie is a little week. lets go big blue i cant wait!!!

that's a very good question. they both bring something different, jesse has more heart than any kid i've ever seen and he can shoot the 3, but his size might cause some problems with taking care of the ball. Ben Hardin on the other hand, has about 6 or 7 inches on jesse and probably could take care of the ball better but i don't know if the lack of playin with the other guys might hurt him. White and Rice i would say will both play some PG, they both can play anywhere on the floor, so i really don't think it's that big of an issue.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unicoi will win the confrence this year. Happy Valley lost a talent and i dont think they can contend with the devils this year. Elizabthton will run with them for awhile but cant keep up. And with the loss of Volunteer and Central the confrence should be easier. But I dont know how good the new teams in the confrence are, Does any body know???? How did they do last year ???

blue devil, do you think jessie will be the starting point guard or will ben get it? they both are good but from what ive seen over the summer ben is more consistant at the three's. there's no doubt these boys are big but they are going to have to have some good ball handling and watch turn overs and full court presses. that is where i think jessie is a little week. lets go big blue i cant wait!!!

1BIGFANOF44, listen i've seen both play. both are very capable of starting. jesse's size will hurt him, but thats where his heart comes in. jesse can be a very scrappy player, which i've never seen ben get on the floor once. i say first couple of games i would start jesse, cause he has been waiting for hunter sparks to leave and if he doesn't do to well then you got ben. but as far as white and rice pgs not a chance. there not made for it, they'll get it stolen from them everytime.

Unicoi will win the confrence this year. Happy Valley lost a talent and i dont think they can contend with the devils this year. Elizabthton will run with them for awhile but cant keep up. And with the loss of Volunteer and Central the confrence should be easier. But I dont know how good the new teams in the confrence are, Does any body know???? How did they do last year ???

Ac, devils will win the conference this year, but im with you, on they don't play anybody good. except hv. West greene is horrible, chucky doak is alright and south greene could have a chance. SG lost there best three players last year. If the devils do win almost all of there games this year, they shouldn't brag about it. They don't play anybody hard. Im a huge devil fan, but im just stating the facts. If they make it to regional then they might face a tough team. Good luck blue.

Unicoi will be as good or better than last year's substate team. They will be absolutely huge! Weaver 6-7, Shults 6-6, Rice 6-5, White 6-5, Hensley 6-4, and Scott 6-4. Whoever said they don't have outside players, is wrong. With McCormick runnin the point and drainin the 3's. Drew Rice and Ryan Scott are fresh out of football and ready to win some games. So both of them will tear it up this year. The Devils are for real this year.

don't you think your being a little out of reach. i mean if your going to put this where everyone can read it, state the facts. You need to have Weaver 6-6, Shults 6-5, Rice 6-2, White 6-4, Hensley 6-2, and Scott 6-1. Don't be dramatic about this. Your not scarin any other team, cause they know they are going to get beat by the devils in the regular season. But come tourny time, some darkhorses could arise.

don't you think your being a little out of reach. i mean if your going to put this where everyone can read it, state the facts. You need to have Weaver 6-6, Shults 6-5, Rice 6-2, White 6-4, Hensley 6-2, and Scott 6-1. Don't be dramatic about this. Your not scarin any other team, cause they know they are going to get beat by the devils in the regular season. But come tourny time, some darkhorses could arise.

JONATHAN CANADY IS THE BEST SOMPHMORE ON THE TEAM. YES THAT DOES INCLUDE RICE.

JONATHAN CANADY IS THE BEST SOMPHMORE ON THE TEAM. YES THAT DOES INCLUDE RICE.

inappropriate44, where did jonathan canady come in as best sophmore. i didn't even mention him. i didn't even say anything about anybody on this team being bad. But if your going to say jonathan is the best, i don't think so, he didn't see any playing time at all last year for varsity. But for Rice he saw a little, but not enough to say hes better than any other sophmore. The underclass still has a lot to improve on.

inappropriate44, where did jonathan canady come in as best sophmore. i didn't even mention him. i didn't even say anything about anybody on this team being bad. But if your going to say jonathan is the best, i don't think so, he didn't see any playing time at all last year for varsity. But for Rice he saw a little, but not enough to say hes better than any other sophmore. The underclass still has a lot to improve on.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RICE AND CANADY IS THAT CANADY IS VERY ATHLETIC AND IS A HARD NOSED COMPETITOR ON THE BOARDS. RICE IS SLOW AND DELICATE.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RICE AND CANADY IS THAT CANADY IS VERY ATHLETIC AND IS A HARD NOSED COMPETITOR ON THE BOARDS. RICE IS SLOW AND DELICATE.

There both athletic kids if they weren't they wouldn't be on varsity. Rice when i seen him play last year on jv. It reminded me of old man running up and down the court, he prances around.

in my opinion is what hurts unicoi this year is outside shooters and there pg from last year sparks. nobody on that team can pass or handle the ball as well as sparks could. nobody on that team can break the press like he could. and passing wise, it seemed like when you watched him play, everybody was open. he could get the ball to anybody. no matter how many defenders were on you. i still think corn is a lot better shooter than ben or jesse as well. corn could hit anywhere on the floor, but ben and jesse just want to throw up 3's all day. even if there not consistent.

you know these boys can play and shoot the ball and can handle the ball as good as any blue devil team out of unicoi. now dont think just cause corn and sparks are gone that these guys didnt learn something from them. that is what seniors are for. it wasnt up to them to move cental and the other teams out of that confrence. you know maybe they will just move up or down for next year. you have to give alot to coach english for the way he handles his team, he knows who needs to be in there when, where, and at what time if your hot or if you are lazy. i have seen two of the sophmores play over the summer and they are not to shabby. shelton can almost dunk the ball. ive not seen much of rice and i think he can dunk it. now if they can take it to the boards in season play they will make the seniors and juniors work harder. now lets see what happens when it all starts!!!

How can u say Rice is delicate? Every time he got in last year on varisty he would get 4 or 5 rebounds in the few minutes he was in, he averaged at least 8 boards a game in jv last year, he plays football so you know he is a tough kid. So, dont be downin kids you dont know anything about. Canady is a good athlete but he has zero experience and is a turnover waittin to happen.