Richland Basketball

rhs#1fan

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rhs starters don't understand the word TEAM. The coach doesn't either. He thinks a team consists of 5 people--his 5 starting buddies. their attitudes are just like his.

Immature and selfish. He abviously doesn't understand that when a player is playing crappy that you sit them down wheather they are a starter or not. Last night at mt pleasant, he showed just how biased he is toward the other players. He has a bench full of good players and some that are great. but he won't give them a chance. there's 2 huge guys over there that only got about 2 minutes of time last night and none in the past games. is this how you teach a team to paly better and as a team?????? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sit those starters down and give the other guys a chance to show you how good they are. #50 was awsome last night in his few minutes you allowed him off the bench. If nothing else, his size alone would intimidate the opposing team. Several others on the bench were on a winning team all through jr. high and were the top players but you won't let them play much at all. How do you expect them to get better if you never let them play mor than 2 minutes?? they might show you and the starters what good sportsmanship and good attitudes are. You didn't even speak to the players from mt pleasant last night after the game. instead, you walked off with your head dragging the ground. Hold your head up whether you win or lose. Be a GOOD example to those guys, don't act like a kid.

#22, #44, #12, #10 are all out there for their own glory. It's give ME the ball, i'm the team. The shoot airballls, pass the ball to the other team, jump in the air swatting their arms and fouling and you continue to let them stay out there. Don't you understand that this makes you, the team, and the school look like idiots. Show some backbone and sit your "favorites" down a couple of games and let the 2nd string play. You might see a difference in the whole team. Heck, you might even start seeing some W's !!!! Ever thought of that? :D

Everyone is making so many excuses for this team. Face it, if they were such a good team they would be winning. At the first of the season everyone was complaining about Richland's coach taking the starters out of the game and now everyone is complaining about him leaving them in. Richland fans stop making excuses!!! :ph34r:

I agree well said............ :thumb:

Thanks for the correction. I look forward to playing Santa Fe next week, or the week after, I think it is the week after. Their girl's and boy's teams have always appeared to play with allot of class. I like a team that will knock you down fighting for every lose ball and then extend a hand to help you up, just to knock you down going after the next lose ball. That is what playing hard is all about. Good luck Santa Fe. With us being in the same district, we should get to now each other well. GO RAIDERS :thumb:

Very well said... i like that kind of playing too...

bm is right... richland does seem like each player wants to take all the shots... looks like bm has been just itching to get on coacht to say something... good first post :ph34r:

rhs starters don't understand the word TEAM. The coach doesn't either. He thinks a team consists of 5 people--his 5 starting buddies. their attitudes are just like his.

Immature and selfish. He abviously doesn't understand that when a player is playing crappy that you sit them down wheather they are a starter or not. Last night at mt pleasant, he showed just how biased he is toward the other players. He has a bench full of good players and some that are great. but he won't give them a chance. there's 2 huge guys over there that only got about 2 minutes of time last night and none in the past games. is this how you teach a team to paly better and as a team?????? I THINK NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sit those starters down and give the other guys a chance to show you how good they are. #50 was awsome last night in his few minutes you allowed him off the bench. If nothing else, his size alone would intimidate the opposing team. Several others on the bench were on a winning team all through jr. high and were the top players but you won't let them play much at all. How do you expect them to get better if you never let them play mor than 2 minutes?? they might show you and the starters what good sportsmanship and good attitudes are. You didn't even speak to the players from mt pleasant last night after the game. instead, you walked off with your head dragging the ground. Hold your head up whether you win or lose. Be a GOOD example to those guys, don't act like a kid.

#22, #44, #12, #10 are all out there for their own glory. It's give ME the ball, i'm the team. The shoot airballls, pass the ball to the other team, jump in the air swatting their arms and fouling and you continue to let them stay out there. Don't you understand that this makes you, the team, and the school look like idiots. Show some backbone and sit your "favorites" down a couple of games and let the 2nd string play. You might see a difference in the whole team. Heck, you might even start seeing some W's !!!! Ever thought of that? :thumb:

i agree with you on the coach hanging his head down low because they lost this is not the first time for that. I don't agree with you on anything else. there is talent one the bench but i don't think it would make a difference if the coach played first string or second string they will not win a game with either one until the coach starts being a coach. and bye the way i thought there were5 players that started not 4. :ph34r:

My name is Matt Miller. I am the coach at Richland High School. My team is having a rough start to the season. Many people came on here early on in the year and predicted us to be a top team. I agree we are a top team in this district when we play as a team.

Many people say it is my fault that we are losing, maybe it is or is it? I have made some mistakes since I have taken this job one year ago. The biggest is worrying about what others think of my coaching. I have sat here and read post after post about my team, just to bite my tongue. Enough is Enough...

I have a lot of talent on this team and will be the first to admit they all deserve to play. I see them in practice everyday and watch them grow and learn the game. I try my hardest every night and day to get this team to win. I don't play the game though. I have three freshmen who are very talented but get lost in the speed of the game because this is not junior high anymore. I have some great size and height but their slow footed when it comes to guarded smaller quicker posts. My starters are very athletic and talented. Some say they are selfish and immature. They are kids still! They wanna have fun, not work. With all that said, it's my team right now and I have the right to coach it my way. If the crowd does not like me oh well, it's the team that counts. The players have to follow me, not the parents or the fans.

You all have to remember...I am still a young adult. I just turned 25. Did Rick Insell win at age 25 or Coach K? I believe Pat Summitt even struggled at Tennessee in her first couple of years.

I don't know who many of you are and I don't care. Bad mouth my team or support them, I have to coach them the best I can. We may lose, we may win; but if my team will play hard when given the chance and develop into good young men, like I am trying to do, I AM SUCCESSFUL!!

GO RAIDERS!!! LET'S TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!

My name is Matt Miller. I am the coach at Richland High School. My team is having a rough start to the season. Many people came on here early on in the year and predicted us to be a top team. I agree we are a top team in this district when we play as a team.

Many people say it is my fault that we are losing, maybe it is or is it? I have made some mistakes since I have taken this job one year ago. The biggest is worrying about what others think of my coaching. I have sat here and read post after post about my team, just to bite my tongue. Enough is Enough...

I have a lot of talent on this team and will be the first to admit they all deserve to play. I see them in practice everyday and watch them grow and learn the game. I try my hardest every night and day to get this team to win. I don't play the game though. I have three freshmen who are very talented but get lost in the speed of the game because this is not junior high anymore. I have some great size and height but their slow footed when it comes to guarded smaller quicker posts. My starters are very athletic and talented. Some say they are selfish and immature. They are kids still! They wanna have fun, not work. With all that said, it's my team right now and I have the right to coach it my way. If the crowd does not like me oh well, it's the team that counts. The players have to follow me, not the parents or the fans.

You all have to remember...I am still a young adult. I just turned 25. Did Rick Insell win at age 25 or Coach K? I believe Pat Summitt even struggled at Tennessee in her first couple of years.

I don't know who many of you are and I don't care. Bad mouth my team or support them, I have to coach them the best I can. We may lose, we may win; but if my team will play hard when given the chance and develop into good young men, like I am trying to do, I AM SUCCESSFUL!!

GO RAIDERS!!! LET'S TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!

Mr. Miller, you in no way shape or form can be addressed as a coach, you used " I " at least 14 times and "me or my" at least 9 times and "we" only twice. A young adult my a... if your old enough to hold the responsibility of these young boys in your hands then you should take responsibility for your own shortcomings.

Do you know that you could be one of the ADULTS to make the biggest impact on a young person right or wrong.??and you don't mind inflicting hurt and yes humiliating remarks your self on a few of these boys, I've heard you do it so don't say it's not true.

You do NOT have the right to coach.. did your parents or your own mentors never tell you the difference in a RIGHT or a PRIVELEDGE?? and to compare yourself with the likes of Pat or Rick is just plan crazy, you are a insult to every coach paid or volunteer to shape are young people and to have a POSITIVE High school experience.

The parents and the fans are your bread and butter and you are a young .... if you do not know that, it's the MATT MILLER SHOW plain and simple, and the fact that you still have a job holding the position as coach is unbelievable, be very grateful I don't have a son on that team, or I would be down at the board of Ed. everyday trying to right a wrong.