Richland vs. Eagleville

sharpie4014

The final score was Richland 55 to 32. However, Eagleville had a very poor night at the foul line and could have made it closer had they made their foul shots. In the first quarter, Freshman Duke led all scorers with 4 points. Richland committed 5 turnovers to 1 for Eagleville. Richland went 5 for 14 from the field with 1 three pointer by Bell. The first quarter ended tied at 11 with Eagleville seemingly beating Richland to every lose ball. Richland started to take control in the second quarter with Glidden going 3 for 3 from the field and 4 for 4 from the foul line with 2 three pointers for a total of 12 points in the quarter. Richland only took 7 shots total from the field in the second, making 5 of them. Richland committed no turnovers in the second while forcing 3. Putman added 5 points in the second with 1 three pointer to her credit. Richland really needs Putman to keep shooting. She is great when she gets hot. The score was 28 to 20 at halftime. Richland extended the lead from 8 to 18 in the third. Bell had 2 big three points shots in the third. Horn added 4 points and 3 rebounds in the quarter. Putman added another 3 pointer while Glidden had 3 assists, forced 3 turnovers and had 2 rebounds in the quarter. Richland went 7 for 13 from the field in the third quarter. Everybody played in 4th quarter with everyone except Roper getting a shot at the basket. The final was 55 to 32. The final stats look something like this: Soph. Glidden had 15 points, Soph. Bell had 11, Senior Putman 10, Soph. Horn 6, Freshman Duke 4, Freshman Pierce 4, Jr. Roper 2, Senior Jones 2 and Soph. Coble had 1 point. Glidden and Horn had 6 rebounds each, Duke and Bell had 3 each, with Roper, Pierce and Jones pulling 2 rebounds each. Coble and Newton both had 1 rebound each. Glidden had 5 assists with Roper, Bell and Duke all having 1 assist each. Glidden was 5 for 6 from the foul line and Coble was 1 for 2 from foul line. Putman was 4 for 5 from field with 2 three-point baskets. Richland was 21 for 46 from field and 6 of 8 from the foul line as a team. Richland forced 10 turnovers while committing 9 turnovers. Please remember, these are very unofficial stats and did not come from the team. I just tried to keep track as the game went along. My general view is that Richland did not scramble for lose balls as I have seen them do in the past and it appeared that Eagleville got every lose ball. Richland played everyone and the coach is getting allot of experience for the younger girls. This should serve them well when their 2 injured seniors return in December or January. The girls who played the fourth quarter did appear to be getting after it pretty good. I am already looking forward to seeing if we handle the Mississippi State signee at West Limestone Friday night. I think both Duke and Horn have the ability to slow her down. Bell and Glidden are also much faster than the big girl from West Limestone and that should serve them well. If I were coaching the Richland girls, I believe I would press West Limestone’s eyes out and never let them get into a half court game. However, I am nobody.

Edited by jamieroper