Is high school basketball what it used to be?

Phsbaseball13

i would say today's kids are bigger, stronger, and faster as a whole. however, there are tons more distractions than there was just 15-20 years ago. also, message boards like coach t were not around to remind the kids how good or bad they are. don't get me wrong, i like this site. just wish players would stay off and sometimes not even read.

I feel it is the same. If any changes, then there are minor ones. I have been around high school basketball my whole life, and it seems just as good. Of the players that I know, not too many let this coacht site go to their heads. But there are many many players out there. Too many for me to know all of them. I am sure it has gone to a lot of people's heads, but the best players won't let it go to their head.

I feel it is the same. If any changes, then there are minor ones. I have been around high school basketball my whole life, and it seems just as good. Of the players that I know, not too many let this coacht site go to their heads. But there are many many players out there. Too many for me to know all of them. I am sure it has gone to a lot of people's heads, but the best players won't let it go to their head.

I totally agree about the best players not letting it get to them. The good players know that anyone can run their mouth on a message board about how good or bad they are but thank God the basketball games are played on the court; not on the board.

High school basketball may be a little better than it used to be when it comes to quality of individual play. I think todays players are better individually than they have ever been. I don't think it is heading in the right direction when it comes to team play. I will take a team of mediocre palyers that play team ball over a group of individual stars that are in it for themselves. (I am mainly talking about points and dunks) Teams that consist of players that care about winning as their main priority will win more often than not. I don't know how many times you will see a team that has one, two, or three outstanding players (better than anyone on the other team) and they still get beat, because they don't play team basketball.

Fans seem to be coming back a little, but you still don't have the numbers at regular season games like there were 25 years ago, unless it is a rivalry. There are too many other things for kids and adults to do on a Tuesday or Friday night.

The number of fans at the state tournament is very low. Most states would laugh at our low attendance numbers.

Support your local high school team and come out and watch a few more games this year!

With all of the off court distractions going on today in high school basketball, is it really as good as it used to be?

If you're talking about the way you came on the message board and trashed your teammate....no, that's not the way it used to be. And it used to be that you kept your mouth shut about your team mates and took up for them against the competition regardless of whether you felt they were playing GOOD OR BAD because your coach demanded it of his team. But I guess that has changed now hasn't it, since players from different schools are such "best" friends.