Richland plays hard but comes up short

jamieroper

Richland played hard but came up short last night against the #1 4A team from Alabama. After a poor start shooting, Richland came on to pull within 5 points with 3 minutes left at 43 to 38. They then stopped Deshler their next time down the floor and brought the ball up with a chance to pull within 2. But the 3 was off the mark. Deshler got the rebound and then started freezing the ball. This stretched Richland’s defense out and permitted Deshler several easy lay-ups to end the game. They were fouled on most of the lay-ups and made most of the free throws. I was impressed with the effort of the young Richland Team. It was also nice to get all of our senior into the game for some playing time and nice to have Kayla and Kelly starting to work themselves into playing shape. It appeared that in the fourth Richland finally realized that they could beat the press and they turned up the heat on Deshler. Down by 10, 12 and 12 at the end of the first three quarters respectively, Richland could have quit. But they didn’t and this shows that they are continuing to grow as a team. Good effort ladies. Now beat Rogers (Greenhill) today so that we can play tomorrow. By the way, the Bowens sisters on Deshler’s team, #20 and #21, come from a family of ballplayers. One of there sisters, Blair Bowens is averaging 20 minutes a game as a freshman at Tenn. Tech. She was there last night and commented on Richland’s effort. I remember she helped at the team camp Richland attended last summer. She also played in a pickup game with some of the high school players at team camp. The other sister, I believe, plays at UNA. The whole family are class acts. They are all an athletic family with proven results. You competed well against some good competition last night. :thumb:

Richland played hard but came up short last night against the #1 4A team from Alabama. After a poor start shooting, Richland came on to pull within 5 points with 3 minutes left at 43 to 38. They then stopped Deshler their next time down the floor and brought the ball up with a chance to pull within 2. But the 3 was off the mark. Deshler got the rebound and then started freezing the ball. This stretched Richland’s defense out and permitted Deshler several easy lay-ups to end the game. They were fouled on most of the lay-ups and made most of the free throws. I was impressed with the effort of the young Richland Team. It was also nice to get all of our senior into the game for some playing time and nice to have Kayla and Kelly starting to work themselves into playing shape. It appeared that in the fourth Richland finally realized that they could beat the press and they turned up the heat on Deshler. Down by 10, 12 and 12 at the end of the first three quarters respectively, Richland could have quit. But they didn’t and this shows that they are continuing to grow as a team. Good effort ladies. Now beat Rogers (Greenhill) today so that we can play tomorrow. By the way, the Bowens sisters on Deshler’s team, #20 and #21, come from a family of ballplayers. One of there sisters, Blair Bowens is averaging 20 minutes a game as a freshman at Tenn. Tech. She was there last night and commented on Richland’s effort. I remember she helped at the team camp Richland attended last summer. She also played in a pickup game with some of the high school players at team camp. The other sister, I believe, plays at UNA. The whole family are class acts. They are all an athletic family with proven results. You competed well against some good competition last night. :lol:

Yup, good job by Richland. They beat Rogers(Greenhill) today by 9 and play Alabama Christian(who lost in overtime to Lauderdale County tonight) tomorrow at 1:30, then if they win that they play again at 7:30 tomorrow night vs West Limestone/Hazelwood winner. Go Raiders!

Way to go Richland, winning 2 games today first over Alabama Christian(who went to overtime with Lauderdale County the night before) 54-32, then over West Limestone in the night cap. Does anybody know the final score of this game? I was in the other gym while this one was going on, sorry. Richland plays at 1:30 tomorrow vs. East Lawrence. Winner gets 5th place. Good luck Lady Raiders!

Way to go Richland, winning 2 games today first over Alabama Christian(who went to overtime with Lauderdale County the night before) 54-32, then over West Limestone in the night cap. Does anybody know the final score of this game? I was in the other gym while this one was going on, sorry. Richland plays at 1:30 tomorrow vs. East Lawrence. Winner gets 5th place. Good luck Lady Raiders!

Richland beat West Limestone 59 to 43.

I thought Alabama teams were weak?

No, actually people say that Alabama teams are better than Tennessee teams, but from the games of Richland and the AL teams, we proved most people wrong. AL teams can play rough and get away with it. I am not saying TN teams don't do that but it's just a whole different game down there.

Edited by sharpie4014