Stewart County

queenofthecourt23

What has happened to the lady rebs? They should have had a pretty good team this year and they only lost two players last year, what is the problem? They have a strong inside game and some strong outside players, although i think one is out for the season, but is it the new coach they should be use to him by now. If anyone has a suggestion let me know, b/c these girls have worked hard.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stewart County did only lose 2 players last season. Everyone expected them to at least perform in the district, even it meant competing for 3rd or 4th place. In my opinion this team lost respect for their coach early, and is struggling to regain confidence. The most important thing they should worry about is someone stepping up and replacing the leadership that the team had in the past. That and a little defense might help the Lady Rebels win a few games before the conclusion of the season. If not, they will at least be in some closer district match-ups than they have been the first half of the season. Good luck to them. For those who might know who this is, "Nothing matters until district tournament!"

Stewart County did only lose 2 players last season. Everyone expected them to at least perform in the district, even it meant competing for 3rd or 4th place. In my opinion this team lost respect for their coach early, and is struggling to regain confidence. The most important thing they should worry about is someone stepping up and replacing the leadership that the team had in the past. That and a little defense might help the Lady Rebels win a few games before the conclusion of the season. If not, they will at least be in some closer district match-ups than they have been the first half of the season. Good luck to them. For those who might know who this is, "Nothing matters until district tournament!"

Well stewart county has had a different coach every year for the past three years, and that is very hard on the players. they have had to learn the personality of each new coach and their ways of coaching. the respect for the coach is there. and stewart county does have one of the best defenses in the district. i mean they held abby lawson to only 14 points which is the least she has had all season. Leadership is there also, but the problem comes with having Grasty and Smith leading the team in scoring. so if other teams stop them you know it will make is very hard for them to set up a proper offense that doesnt revolve around one of them. so other guards on there team will have to step up in there scoring. but the thing is like the quote said "Nothing matter until district tournament."

I disagree with the comment that the team has lost confidence in their coach. I agree this team lacks confidence but I don't think a coach can be solely responsible. Everyone likes to blame a coach when a team is losing and everyone likes to praise the kids when a team is winning. I do agree that a coach is instrumental in building confidence in his or her team but I know this coach has worked with these girls as hard as any coach in the State. He is learning. These girls should be more competitive. They should BELIEVE in themselves. Afterall, the coach can not play the game for them. I believe if these girls really believed in themselves the way the coach, the parents and the fans do they would finish at least 2nd or 3rd in the district tournament. They have so much talent but they act like they expect to lose. Girls, believe in yourselves!!!! The only shame is not giving it all you have. Quitting is un-exceptable. Believe, Believe, Believe!!!!! We believe in you. :ph34r:

I disagree with the comment that the team has lost confidence in their coach. I agree this team lacks confidence but I don't think a coach can be solely responsible. Everyone likes to blame a coach when a team is losing and everyone likes to praise the kids when a team is winning. I do agree that a coach is instrumental in building confidence in his or her team but I know this coach has worked with these girls as hard as any coach in the State. He is learning. These girls should be more competitive. They should BELIEVE in themselves. Afterall, the coach can not play the game for them. I believe if these girls really believed in themselves the way the coach, the parents and the fans do they would finish at least 2nd or 3rd in the district tournament. They have so much talent but they act like they expect to lose. Girls, believe in yourselves!!!! The only shame is not giving it all you have. Quitting is un-exceptable. Believe, Believe, Believe!!!!! We believe in you. B)

I completly agree, you can tell that the coach tries. but it seems like they get angry when he tries to tell them something and they just will not listen.. sure i know that they are thinking he is new.. but hey.. give him a chance.. at least he cares.. These girls should believe in themselves.. because if they dont, why do they think that someone else will?

It's sad when a team loses respect for their coach. I have seen this happen in the past with much the same outcome. A lot of potential talent and a losing season! I wonder what is up? Does this coach scream and yell at his team? Is he consistant and treat all the players the same or does he show favortism or treat some girls badly? Does he have high standards? Is he good to the girls and does he treat them with respect or does he constantly point out their faults? Does he motivate his girls to improve and do they know he believes in them? Is the discipline the same for all players? I remember when we dreaded playing the lady rebels because they were so tuff and they were the team to beat. We beat them by 20 points this season and put the B team in to do it. I hope they find their way and I hope the coach is not the problem. Best of luck, see you in the district tournament. Go lady Tigers!!!!!

It's sad when a team loses respect for their coach. I have seen this happen in the past with much the same outcome. A lot of potential talent and a losing season! I wonder what is up? Does this coach scream and yell at his team? Is he consistant and treat all the players the same or does he show favortism or treat some girls badly? Does he have high standards? Is he good to the girls and does he treat them with respect or does he constantly point out their faults? Does he motivate his girls to improve and do they know he believes in them? Is the discipline the same for all players? I remember when we dreaded playing the lady rebels because they were so tuff and they were the team to beat. We beat them by 20 points this season and put the B team in to do it. I hope they find their way and I hope the coach is not the problem. Best of luck, see you in the district tournament. Go lady Tigers!!!!!

Give me a break. How quickly we are to blame a coach! I hope this team can put all this ying yang behind them and get down to the bussiness of winning basketball games. Focus on your game and believe in yourselves!!! Leadership comes from a coach but you also have to have leadership from the players. Get tough and show the doubting Thomas' you can do it.

I completely agree with the comment that said people want to praise players for winning and blame coaches for losing. That has always stood true. But this coach never enforces discipline and allows his players to run all over him. Who would have respect for someone like that? Perhaps most notably is the way he lets parents in this small community have a voice in who plays. A good coach never plays politics! So my advice for the Rebelettes is to gain a little heart and prove to everyone you deserve to be considered a threat in the district.

I completely agree with the comment that said people want to praise players for winning and blame coaches for losing. That has always stood true. But this coach never enforces discipline and allows his players to run all over him. Who would have respect for someone like that? Perhaps most notably is the way he lets parents in this small community have a voice in who plays. A good coach never plays politics! So my advice for the Rebelettes is to gain a little heart and prove to everyone you deserve to be considered a threat in the district.

Well i think that tonight helped them.. the girls done a great job and the actually LISTENED to the coach!! He changed his starting line up a little.. i think that was a good choice.. GOOD JOB REBELETTES!!