science hill tournament

xbranman

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill won, Ooltewah was second, High Point Glenn was third.

Damien Buchanan of SHHS was light weight OW, Chip Reed of High Point Glenn in the uppers.

I'll make a detailed post tomorrow after I get a hard copy of the results, which I forgot to get last night.

Grant Mitchell (119), Matt Drish (125), Bo Usary (130), Damien Buchanan (135) won for Science Hill.

Good tournament. Lots of fun.

Damien Buchanan is without a doubt the most improved wrestler on my team. He was always a brawler/scrambler, but over the summer he added technique to that mix. I have great wishes and hopes for him at Chattanooga.

He is thirty something and two, with thirty some pins. He lost to Hussein 11-10 on a last second takedown. His other loss is a 6-4 decision to Patrick Macintosh of Bandys, NC, ranked #1 in NC 1A/2A. Damien is possibly the most tenacious kid I've ever coached.

Bo has won a couple of best wrestler awards this year and was surprised that he got it over Damien because Damien had pinned his way through each of them. Last night was great for him I'm sure.

But more important than that, he is one of the finest kids I've ever coached. He is a superior human being. Guys like Damien make coaching worth it.

Pleas keep an eye out for him. You won't be sorry.