Liberty @ Bolivar Jan. 20th

baseballa28

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still throwing the rocks was uncalled for.

If it went down like this and I say"if" b/c I actually didn't see it-just taking you guys word-

You know...here we have a wonderful game Fri. nite, 2 great teams leaving it all on the court....and then some fool throwing rocks and/or trash talking! When these type of things happen...it usually runs alng that same line. Someone that didn't score a point, trying(wanting?) to be the big dog. No I don't tnow the individual, but what motivation could there be? Game Over so post, gripe, write-but why is stuuf like you've described even needed? We all know it's not-no matter who comes out on top.

I couldn't believe it would have been any of the actual players. Possible...but I KNOW the whole BCHS crew (and becoming more famiiliar w/ Liberty's club). So it sure didn't sound like any of the real players would have been involved. If it was I'd be surprised anyway.

I DO know this: if it'd been anyone closely associated with Bolivar's club-they'd be history on Monday. We're not perfect, not saying that, but Rudesill and his crew have helped to develop the right mind set in these BCHS players. They KNOW what to expect. And the studenrt section (heck the whole town!) is rowdy...but 99% realize they can hurt the club with any type of stupid action!

And I'm guessing Liberty is held to the same type of standard.

There always seems to be one joker in just about every crowd, any game, that wants to take it too far. And it's usually someone with little/no impact on the actual game.

Undestand frustration, but mess like that takes alway a little something from the contest the young men/women put on.

From someone who knows the guy...Willie Kemp has class. Not just on the hardwood. Whatever occurred in the 17 seconds--he left all he had on the floor and Sat. Jax Sun just shows what a man he's grown into. Check out his quotes. There's one player who respects the Crusaders!

But he's going to bring hisbest against them in the end. Bolivar knows what it will still take in this tought district. :lol:

Great game to all who were involved. Great game.

Edited by firefulmer

still throwing the rocks was uncalled for.

If it went down like this(and I say"if" b/c I actually didn't see it-just taking you guys word-

You know...here we have a wonderful game Fri. nite, 2 great teams leaving it all on the court....and then some fool throwing rocks and/or trash talking! When these type of things happem...it usually runs alng that same line. Someone that didn't score a point, trying(wanting?) to be the big dog. No I don't tnow the individual, but what motivation could there be? Game Over so post, gripe, write-but why is stuuf like you've described even needed? We all know it's not-no matter who comes out on top.

I couldn't believe it would have been any of the actual players. Possible...but I KNOW the whole BCHS crew (and becoming more famiiliar w/ Liberty's club). So it sure didn't sound like any of the real players would have been involved. If it was I'd be surprised anyway.

I DO know this: if it'd been anyone closely associated with Bolivar's club-they'd be history on Monday. We're not perfect, not saying that, but Rudesill and his crew have helped to develop the right mind set in these BCHS players. They KNOW what to expect. And the studenrt section (heck the whole town!) is rowdy...but 99% realize they can hurt the club with any type of stupid action!

And I'm guessing Liberty is held to the same type of standard.

There always seems to be one joker in just about every crowd, any game, that wants to take it too far. And it's usually someone with little/no impact on the actual game.

Undestand frustration, but mess like that takes alway a little something from the contest the young men/women put on.

From someone who knows the guy...Willie Kemp has class. Not just on the hardwood. Whatever occurred in the 17 seconds--he left all he had on the floor and Sat. Jax Sun just shows what a man he's grown into. Check out his quotes. There's one player who respects the Crusaders!

But he's going to bring hisbest against them in the end. They know what it will still take in this tought district. :lol:

Great game to all who were involved. Great game.

apparently you dont know what your talking about.......it wasnt a player it was a manager and his words were towards willie and not his mom

All I can say is totally classless - man just chill, these are just warm up games for the big tournmanent. Whether you lose by 1 or 30, IT DOES NOT MATTER during the regular season. The tournament is where it counts!!! Save it dudes!!!!

The LHS Tigers!

'05 Boys Individual Golf State Champion

'04 Boys Tennis State Runner-Up

'03 Boys Golf State Champions

'02 Baseball State Champions

'06 Boys Basketball STILL GOING FOR THE GOLD BALL

truhoopsfan, what happened? I mean if you can't tell the full story, can you give a general overview or something?

Man, I don't even know who or what...but I hate when stuff occurs after such a great game! No matter who is playing. When the buzzer sounds it's over no matter who wins and all people need to deal with that type of stuff.

If you can give general details, I'd appreciate it.

And PLEASE don't mention that Giles Co. game again!!! I wasn't there...but a very good friend of mine said when that last second shot was launched-he knew it was in. That was one of my reasons for giving Liberty props. Those type of losses ARE tough.

Firefulmer out.

I really did not want to call names on this board because I don't like to post negative statements about children. And... these are kids that we are talking about. I was not trying to point fingers at Liberty players. It could have just as easily been Bolivar players/fans involved. My point is that it should not happen again. Bolivar is an historically great program and Liberty is quickly establishing itself as the new force to deal with. I would hate for Liberty v/s Bolivar to go from great basketball to people disrespecting the game by their behavior.

Liberty, I wish you good luck against Haywood and see ya in the Districts.

I really did not want to call names on this board because I don't like to post negative statements about children. And... these are kids that we are talking about. I was not trying to point fingers at Liberty players. It could have just as easily been Bolivar players/fans involved. My point is that it should not happen again. Bolivar is an historically great program and Liberty is quickly establishing itself as the new force to deal with. I would hate for Liberty v/s Bolivar to go from great basketball to people disrespecting the game by their behavior.

Liberty, I wish you good luck against Haywood and see ya in the Districts.

I hear you. And you are right.

I enjoy the Bolivar-Liberty series too and I want it to be a good thing. You know...nice little rivalry game.

They'll be a lot of games to come.