District 8 A/AA

timbdp

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This post goes to the new guy...4soccerplaya10... Coacht isn't about trash talking other teams, i thought this was already discussed. And the reason i say new guy, is because You haven't posted all that many times... like 4-5. Anyway, what we were talking about was last year... Station Camp was a very good team they beat us first.. i would have liked to of played the full game with all of our players, but SOMEONE haha had to get a red card 5 min into the game, but the next time we played them we came back and beat them and went on to state and that was the end of that.

Also i'm sure you thinking, What i'm not trash talking. Well you are..."Livingston do you really think you can take Station Camp....Good luck Livingston God knows you will need it...." Thats just uncalled for and very rude. We are suppose to use these forums to talk to each other and find out how everybody is doing, not trash talk...

anyway.. Thanks BigGExpress for getting me hooked back into CoachT lol

This post goes to the new guy...4soccerplaya10... Coacht isn't about trash talking other teams, i thought this was already discussed. And the reason i say new guy, is because You haven't posted all that many times... like 4-5. Anyway, what we were talking about was last year... Station Camp was a very good team they beat us first.. i would have liked to of played the full game with all of our players, but SOMEONE haha had to get a red card 5 min into the game, but the next time we played them we came back and beat them and went on to state and that was the end of that.

Also i'm sure you thinking, What i'm not trash talking. Well you are..."Livingston do you really think you can take Station Camp....Good luck Livingston God knows you will need it...." Thats just uncalled for and very rude. We are suppose to use these forums to talk to each other and find out how everybody is doing, not trash talk...

anyway.. Thanks BigGExpress for getting me hooked back into CoachT lol

if i remember correctly you were the main one trash talking last year now other people in high school want to trash talk too let them talk it makes the game better mabey they need somthing to get them up for the game so you cant say anything about anything being uncalled for blue

Phase 1 is denial

Phase 2 is acceptance....

We are truly addicted.

g you saw la at state do you truley belive they deserved to be there yea they might of had alot of heart but i dont know how they made it. yea how many players they sent to college dosent say how god they were but if they truely loved the game and had alot of heart and ''if'' they were good enough they would have gone to the next level

g you saw la at state do you truley belive they deserved to be there yea they might of had alot of heart but i dont know how they made it. yea how many players they sent to college dosent say how god they were but if they truely loved the game and had alot of heart and ''if'' they were good enough they would have gone to the next level

OK, first I will tackle the college thing. I think that CAK had many great players over the past several seasons. Of the 17 players that we have graduated, only 3 play college ball. This season, we have 5 seniors who all could play college soccer. 2 are going to, the other 3 are not. It doesn't solely have to do with talent. Playing in East Tennessee, or Tennessee alone, does not get a whole lot of college attention. Also, playing in A/AA doesn't either. Brandon Tarr didn't make it to the national team because of what he did in Highschool. His proving ground was in ODP. So I tend to disagree with your argument on the college thing, but I think I understand where you were trying to go with that.

As far as the LA thing goes, I got to see them play one game vs. a very talented Sheffield team. LA played the most unusual defense I have seen in years, where their sweeper never pushed up off of their own 18 yd line. Now, I don't know if they did this at every game, but against Sheffield, who was awesome on the breakaway, thru ball, and turning strikers, this worked great. Looking at their schedule, they had pretty good results. 18-4-3 is a very good record. I would say that their passionate play (playing with heart) made up for any disparity of talent. Were they one of the best teams in Memphis? Probably not, but did they deserve to be there? Yes. They did what they needed to do.

if i remember correctly you were the main one trash talking last year now other people in high school want to trash talk too let them talk it makes the game better mabey they need somthing to get them up for the game so you cant say anything about anything being uncalled for blue

I was never the main one trash talking. And by trash talking i mean putting other teams down, and stuff like that. I may have had some heated words, but i never said in any way that any teams stinks, or anything like that.

Guest Number8

Also, when you trash talk my school like that, i will say something.

I don't understand why u guys are fighting over who is trash talkin or "if u say somthing about my school bla bla bla..." the whole point of choachT is for plalyers and fans to come and discuss the season. Now like everything in the world, there is gonna be someone who show his dity site, and there is also gonna be someone who is gonna take things easy. Me, personally i like to state my opinion and thoughts about schools, and i really don't like to put teams down. Now don't get me wrong, i m not perfect and i prolly said something that i should have stated differntly (smith county). People who like to go over board about things and show some creativity in their words, usually don't get much respect from me, and i usually skip their post when i see their name. so guys this is gonna be a long season and during mid-season things will get a lil to hot for some people to handle, for those who always keep it cool, and don't get a melt down. Good luck to all teams this year.

Edited by Number8

I don't understand why u guys are fighting over who is trash talkin or "if u say somthing about my school bla bla bla..." the whole point of choachT is for plalyers and fans to come and discuss the season. Now like everything in the world, there is gonna be someone who show his dity site, and there is also gonna be someone who is gonna take things easy. Me, personally i like to state my opinion and thoughts about schools, and i really don't like to put teams down. Now don't get me wrong, i m not perfect and i prolly said something that i should have stated differntly (smith county). People who like to go over board about things and show some creativity in their words, usually don't get much respect from me, and i usually skip their post when i see their name. so guys this is gonna be a long season and during mid-season things will get a lil to hot for some people to handle, for those who always keep it cool, and get a melt down. Good luck to all teams this year.

we wernt arguing about who trash talks the most im just saying you cant knock someone for trash talking if you did the same last year

OK, first I will tackle the college thing. I think that CAK had many great players over the past several seasons. Of the 17 players that we have graduated, only 3 play college ball. This season, we have 5 seniors who all could play college soccer. 2 are going to, the other 3 are not. It doesn't solely have to do with talent. Playing in East Tennessee, or Tennessee alone, does not get a whole lot of college attention. Also, playing in A/AA doesn't either. Brandon Tarr didn't make it to the national team because of what he did in Highschool. His proving ground was in ODP. So I tend to disagree with your argument on the college thing, but I think I understand where you were trying to go with that.

As far as the LA thing goes, I got to see them play one game vs. a very talented Sheffield team. LA played the most unusual defense I have seen in years, where their sweeper never pushed up off of their own 18 yd line. Now, I don't know if they did this at every game, but against Sheffield, who was awesome on the breakaway, thru ball, and turning strikers, this worked great. Looking at their schedule, they had pretty good results. 18-4-3 is a very good record. I would say that their passionate play (playing with heart) made up for any disparity of talent. Were they one of the best teams in Memphis? Probably not, but did they deserve to be there? Yes. They did what they needed to do.

those are all great points but you cant really go by the schedule b/c i know it wasnt strong at all and about there defense that is exactly how they play i like to call it a 911 formation pack it back and hope for a miricale which is what happened agianst cpa and i think it sc also but with all that said i do give them propes for making it to state

While their strength of schedule was not the strongest, they did play some good teams. I understand your arguments, but they did beat 3 top 10 teams, and only lost 1-0 to Oak Ridge. They were my "dark horse" from last season, and I was rooting for them to make it to state. They did. I think they should be proud of their accomplishments being the first team from LA to make it that far.

Curious, nnburros, you said that you had played both teams. What team do you play for?