Region 2 Tourney @ Alcoa

MasterBlaster 1

Just looking for thoughts. Looks like Maryville will be a lock this year. Some of Farraguts Champions/winners in the KIL will be talking SATs on Saturday, so I'm sure that counts the Ads out. I don't think WB has enough big guns to knock Maryville off.

I don't think our young men looked far enough in advance.

Education is #1 but I wished some of these guys had planned in advance.

My picks for top standings.

1. Maryville

2. Seymour

3. FHS

4. WB

5. Karns

6. Gibbs

8. SD

9. Kingston. If there Studs are back.

10?

*** This could change if the SAT testing is rescheduled and a some FHS wrestlers give it their best. We will see.

Edited by MasterBlaster 1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whos the top three kids in each weight class

this is based off of Brays rankings:

Add or delete as u like

103-

Binh Hoang (Knox Cath),

Gary Sluder (Greenback)

112-

Jordan Harless (Karns)

119-

Blake Ridenour (Maryville),

125- (loaded weight class)

Cole Geren (S. Doyle)

130-

Isaac Legg (Seymour),

135-

Nic Shields (Maryville)

140- (Loaded weight class)

Zach Walker (William Blount)

145-

Jeremy Hendricks (Maryville)

Nick Cowan (Kingston)

152-

David Scandlyn (Kingston),

160-

171-

Landon Hall (Maryville)

Adam Gratz (William Blount)

Nathan Joslin (Kingston)

Matt Sansevero (Sevier Co),

189-

Frankie Morgan (Union Co)

Shane Reveiz (Farragut),

Adam Cable (Maryville),

Prescott (Gibbs)

215-

1) Nick Reveiz (Farragut)

Pete Evans (William Blount),

Corey Jeacock (Maryville)

275-

John Vandergriff (Halls)

Ethan Flynn (Seymour)

Just looking for thoughts. Looks like Maryville will be a lock this year. Some of Farraguts Champions/winners in the KIL will be talking SATs on Saturday, so I'm sure that counts the Ads out. I don't think WB has enough big guns to knock Maryville off.

I don't think our young men looked far enough in advance.

Education is #1 but I wished some of these guys had planned in advance.

My picks for top standings.

1. Maryville

2. Seymour

3. FHS

4. WB

5. Karns

6. Gibbs

8. SD

9. Kingston. If there Studs are back.

10?

*** This could change if the SAT testing is rescheduled and a some FHS wrestlers give it their best. We will see.

We allow the kids to take the test in Region 6 and 7 by setting a schedule that enables them to do both. I don't think it is right to keep a kid from wrestling in the state qualifier because he chooses to take a test required for college. While I agree he should have planned ahead, I don't think that he should not get to wrestle because he is taking the test.

this is based off of Brays rankings:

Add or delete as u like

103-

Binh Hoang (Knox Cath),

Gary Sluder (Greenback)

112-

Jordan Harless (Karns)

119-

Blake Ridenour (Maryville),

125- (loaded weight class)

Cole Geren (S. Doyle)

130-

Isaac Legg (Seymour),

135-

Nic Shields (Maryville)

140- (Loaded weight class)

Zach Walker (William Blount)

145-

Jeremy Hendricks (Maryville)

Nick Cowan (Kingston)

152-

David Scandlyn (Kingston),

160-

171-

Landon Hall (Maryville)

Adam Gratz (William Blount)

Nathan Joslin (Kingston)

Matt Sansevero (Sevier Co),

189-

Frankie Morgan (Union Co)

Shane Reveiz (Farragut),

Adam Cable (Maryville),

Prescott (Gibbs)

215-

1) Nick Reveiz (Farragut)

Pete Evans (William Blount),

Corey Jeacock (Maryville)

275-

John Vandergriff (Halls)

Ethan Flynn (Seymour)

I don't know if these were meant to be in order of ranking, but at 189 it should be

1. Morgan

2. Cable

3. Prescott

4. Reveiz

I don't know if these were meant to be in order of ranking, but at 189 it should be

1. Morgan

2. Cable

3. Prescott

4. Reveiz

I know :thumb: All I did was, take Brays rankings and delete the other regions just to get things started.

Farragut had 2 champs at KIL - the 171 and 215.

This is the Region tournament.

You can't go to state if you don't wrestle in this.

Their top guys will be there, but they still won't win. Can we try <_<

I'm sorry by winners, I meant the young men who placed.

I would be very surprised if any of the "expected placers" from Farragut didn't show for the Regions. There were no scratches from the Farragut side at the seeding meeting yesterday, which would leave me to believe that everyone will be wrestling at the tournament this weekend.

While Fiscon brings up a good point, the region dates are scheduled well enough in advance for kids to decide if they want to take the ACT test in Dec. or Feb. I would be interested to find out how region 6 & 7 are able to work "around" the testing. I'm assuming that the tournament doesn't start on Sat. until the testing is complete?

I would be very surprised if any of the "expected placers" from Farragut didn't show for the Regions. There were no scratches from the Farragut side at the seeding meeting yesterday, which would leave me to believe that everyone will be wrestling at the tournament this weekend.

While Fiscon brings up a good point, the region dates are scheduled well enough in advance for kids to decide if they want to take the ACT test in Dec. or Feb. I would be interested to find out how region 6 & 7 are able to work "around" the testing. I'm assuming that the tournament doesn't start on Sat. until the testing is complete?

I'm glad to hear that. My young one missed practice yesterday. Can you give us an ideal of the seeding?

That way we can change to who is expected to upset some folks.

not sure why you think fhs can knock off maryville they don't have the depth threw out all wieghts to beat them. how ever you over looking seymour if maryville goes down it will be to seymour. as far as the 103-119 i don't know these wieghts very well. 125 cole will has his hands full in the final. legg should win. i don't think nick will be beat but i don't think he is as good as every thinks. don't forget last years final with walker and shuler if shuler shows up to win he will.

as for the rest i look to seymour to take 8+ and Maryville to take 8+ but i don't think maryville has this one in the bag but see them as the favorite. it should make a good tourney.

not sure why you think fhs can knock off maryville they don't have the depth threw out all wieghts to beat them. how ever you over looking seymour if maryville goes down it will be to seymour. as far as the 103-119 i don't know these wieghts very well. 125 cole will has his hands full in the final. legg should win. i don't think nick will be beat but i don't think he is as good as every thinks. don't forget last years final with walker and shuler if shuler shows up to win he will.

as for the rest i look to seymour to take 8+ and Maryville to take 8+ but i don't think maryville has this one in the bag but see them as the favorite. it should make a good tourney.

I put Farragut third. We would have to wrestle or very best to have a shot at the Rebs. I can always hope for the best. If you don't think Nick is that good then your Blind and Dumb! :thumb:

If he not that good then why does he pin 95% of his comp? They must really be bad!