2 teams from region 1&2 AAA

Guest Number8

Greeneville should be pretty good this year. They should be led by senior forward J.T. Careno, if he can stay healthy. They got some good juniors and sophmores, and I heard that they have a ok good freshman coming in, the brother of one of their good defenders. Their only big loss is in the goal, I don't know how they will do without Sullivan, from what I hear their keeper now is no were as good as Sullivan. I think that they will be able to beat Morristown West. I am predicting a Science Hill Greeneville region final.

I have heard little about Morristown West. They should have a pretty good defence and keeper, with Lance Moore returing (all state keeper last year). There midfield should be decent with Paul Lynch. But they have nobody up front who can score. They should still be pretty good.

MW has a forward named Kiki who is very good. Lance Moore will be very hard to score on and he has big Shane Voelker back there to help him out so they may not need a lot of goals to win a lot of games. Paul Lynch has ODP experience and he has great foot skills. They also have some incoming Freshmen with a great deal of club experience. Also sounds like Greeneville will still be tough to beat. Should be a very good season for Region 1. Any info out there on DB?

Edited by soccer67

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MW has a forward named Kiki who is very good. Lance Moore will be very hard to score on and he has big Shane Voelker back there to help him out so they may not need a lot of goals to win a lot of games. Paul Lynch has ODP experience and he has great foot skills. They also have some incoming Freshmen with a great deal of club experience. Also sounds like Greeneville will still be tough to beat. Should be a very good season for Region 1. Any info out there on DB?

Did Kiki play last year?

• 3 weeks later...

Bearden and Farragut to state again I am afraid.

Science Hill, DB and South will take to much out of themselves playing each other, to enable them to advance.

The big success is beating the other teams, if the Hilltoppers beat DB then they have had a good season, same for DB, if they beat Science hill the season has been a success.

Big problem is the lack of quality club soccer in the NE of the state, Science Hill I think will be the most successful, but will be pushed very hard by Sullivan South.

Guest Number8

Science Hill, DB and South will take to much out of themselves playing each other, to enable them to advance.

The big success is beating the other teams, if the Hilltoppers beat DB then they have had a good season, same for DB, if they beat Science hill the season has been a success.

Big problem is the lack of quality club soccer in the NE of the state, Science Hill I think will be the most successful, but will be pushed very hard by Sullivan South.

U r being very logical buddy. Our team still has things to work on, like our chemistry together, but that is only a matter of time. My goal ofcourse is state, and our team will hopefully do whatever it takes.

You made Some good points, thou things doesn't always goes the way people expect it. But lets wait and see how things go this time around.

You made Some good points, thou things doesn't always goes the way people expect it. But lets wait and see how things go this time around.

I would love to see one of the teams from the NE get down to state, I know a few players / coaches on quite a few teams there, so it would be great to get to see them play some of the big boys at state.

I would love to see one of the teams from the NE get down to state, I know a few players / coaches on quite a few teams there, so it would be great to get to see them play some of the big boys at state.

Sure it will be a great accomplishment for any team From the NE that make it to state, considering its never happened since the early 90s. But every year brings its own suprises so maybe with a lil more competition in The NE region and a whole lot of commitment, this year will bring something different.

Sure it will be a great accomplishment for any team From the NE that make it to state, considering its never happened since the early 90s. But every year brings its own suprises so maybe with a lil more competition in The NE region and a whole lot of commitment, this year will bring something different.

Good luck for the season.

[/quote

Yes - Bearden and Farragut are the "big boys" on the block in the East but your assessment concerning DB, Science Hill and Sullivan South are a bit dated. Last year the teams to beat in Region 1 were Morristown West and Greeneville. Look at the records. MW went to sub-state beating SH. Greeneville beat SS and tied DB in regular season play. They lost 1-0 to SS at Regions minus their leading scorer (injured in the prior game against MW). SS scored a wimpy early goal and put 10 guys on defense the rest of the game (pathetic soccer strategy). They had 2 decent players now gone (the twins from Europe). This past year several Juniors and Seniors from MW and GV formed a Division 1 traveling team and went undefeated at the Hendersonville tourny and undefeated at the Knoxville Fall Classic. Both teams have talent.

Now I'm not saying Farragut or Bearden have anything to worry about from Region 1 but DB, SH and SS are certainly not the dominate teams any longer over here (sorry Number 8- no offense intended).

Edited by soccer67