Who will be the top 10 in class A this year

riserfan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe that every private school recruits but the majority of them do. That's why so many of them make it to the state tournament every year. Trinity is not one of them that you see there every year but teams like USJ are there all the time because they can recruit. I think private schools should play in a division by themselves because it is not fair to the public schools that have to make a team out of who they have. That is the sign of a great team to me!

USJ will be brought down a notch or two this year though moving to AA. I think McKenzie and Trinity will go from the west and it will be exciting.

Do you know of any public schools who recruit?

East Tennessee examples:

Maryville in football; three state titles in a row - they have kids from all over.

Gibbs in softball; kids move to that district in middle school to play for mitchell.

Alcoa in football; pay a small fee and you can play on their team.

Oak Ridge in all sports.

If you have a good program, it recruits kids for your school.

If your coaches have summer camps, it recruits girls for your school.

If you have good facilities it recruits for your team.

If you do the right things in your program, it recruits kids.

If your field is terrible, your coach stinks, you have no tradition, kids move to others schools.

STOP whining about recruiting. Publics and privates do it !!!

They do it through having a good place for a kid to grow at what they are looking for. Some kids change schools for a Drama dept.

Maybee for a math program. Those schools should stop recruiting, too. right?

Because our kids won't be able to get jobs if math dept's. or science dept's are better than the ones at our school.

Let's make everyone get rid of whatever their school does well and play down to the worst programs and the weaker kids so no one has an advantage.

Then, and only then, will there be peace in the valley.

East Tennessee examples:

Maryville in football; three state titles in a row - they have kids from all over.

Gibbs in softball; kids move to that district in middle school to play for mitchell.

Oak Ridge in all sports.

If your field is terrible, your coach stinks, you have no tradition, kids move to others schools.

They do it through having a good place for a kid to grow at what they are looking for. Some kids change schools for a Drama dept.

Because our kids won't be able to get jobs if math dept's. or science dept's are better than the ones at our school.

Let's make everyone get rid of whatever their school does well and play down to the worst programs and the weaker kids so no one has an advantage.

good post

harsh, but true.

East Tennessee examples:

Oak Ridge in all sports.

I went to public school my whole life and have coached at public schools my entire coaching career and have never had a player transfer in just to play sports. Most public schools have zoning rules anyway, if you don't live in the zone then you can't go to that school. Plus there is the transfer rule that if you transfer in and don't live in that school district you are ineligible for one year. I don't think most athletes want to sit out a year of high school ball just to play for another team. I don't know how things are done in middle and east TN but recruiting does not happen in public schools around here. But I don't think my team has to worry about that because they will more than likely be at state this year without having to recruit.

• 2 weeks later...