Team Tn (challenge cup)

chattwrestle

That is correct. It is a 'go'.

It will be similar to the format of the FCI Challenge Cup --- but is now called the Dixie Duals. Last I heard, effort would be made to stick to the FCI weights and age divisions. If I hear otherwise, I'll post here. I know there was an issue regarding weight classes as most kids were expecting to wrestle in the traditional FCI weights. Thought was given to switching to USA weights. However, I know this was a problem for our Team Alabama Qualifier tournament a couple of years ago as there are weights that exist in USA that do not exist in FCI and vice versa.

For now.....

What: Dixie Duals Wrestling Tournament

Where: Vestavia Hills High School (Vestavia Hills-Birmingham, AL)

When: Friday-Saturday, March 24-25, 2006

Ages/Weights: same as those traditionally used at the FCI Challenge Cup

Commitments: Alabama (all age groups), Georgia (all age groups), Tennessee (all age groups), South Carolina (currently only MS & HS, but they're working on all ages)

Contacts have been made to Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia but none of those 3 have confirmed as of yet.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is correct. It is a 'go'.

It will be similar to the format of the FCI Challenge Cup --- but is now called the Dixie Duals. Last I heard, effort would be made to stick to the FCI weights and age divisions. If I hear otherwise, I'll post here. I know there was an issue regarding weight classes as most kids were expecting to wrestle in the traditional FCI weights. Thought was given to switching to USA weights. However, I know this was a problem for our Team Alabama Qualifier tournament a couple of years ago as there are weights that exist in USA that do not exist in FCI and vice versa.

For now.....

What: Dixie Duals Wrestling Tournament

Where: Vestavia Hills High School (Vestavia Hills-Birmingham, AL)

When: Friday-Saturday, March 24-25, 2006

Ages/Weights: same as those traditionally used at the FCI Challenge Cup

Commitments: Alabama (all age groups), Georgia (all age groups), Tennessee (all age groups), South Carolina (currently only MS & HS, but they're working on all ages)

Contacts have been made to Florida, North Carolina, and Virginia but none of those 3 have confirmed as of yet.

are they adding two pounds plus one for the singlet? Thats what the Challenge cup had planned as always. we have adjusted the weights for our state tournament next week to match this. let us know asap. thx

If you have questions, please contact Coach Rod Gaddy (205.937.6559) or Tony Brindley (205.289.6157).

Final details for the Dixie Duals should be announced on Monday, March 6 or Tuesday, March 7.

Weigh-ins will be Thursday, March 23 from 4:00pm until 8:00pm Central Time.

Optional weigh-in will be Friday, March 24 from 7:00am until 8:00am Central Time.

2-day tournament pass for spectators is expected to be $15 instead of the $25 as it has been at Camp Jordan.

No card (USA, AAU, or other) will be required. This tournament will be run as an independent tournament with a separate insurance policy.

K-8 will get +2 lb. for body and +1 lb. for singlet.

-(50 lb. becomes 53 lb. weighing in wearing singlet)

9-12 will get +5 lb. for body and +1 lb. for singlet.

-(103 lb. becomes 109 lb. weighing in wearing singlet)

You can have the details e-mailed directly to you if you drop Tony Brindley a note requesting it. You can request it by e-mailing him at tandjbrin[at]aol.com

That's all I know for now.