Mercy Rule

frommy

Guest Number8

God said let there be light and Chuck Noris said say please.

I think most high school players agree that it is their right to play their best for 80min.

And who is this Chuck Noris everyone is talkin about???

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why play the game at all if a team is going to stop it for a 3-0 loss with twenty minutes left?

the game is still two halfs right?

How dare a team quit in the middle of a game running away from your right to play?

Seriously this rule is absolutely insane and i truly hope it doesn't go through. it's getting rid of the player's reward for their hard work. how far is this going to go? in a few years if a team takes more then 6 shots they forfeit

or maybe teams are only allowed 1 forward at a time in the offensive third, because people don't want to run scores up

We dont stop it at 3-0. we dont play it at all. that way the weaker team can go schedule a team at their level and so can the stronger team. It eliminates the blow out for each team

I think the losing coach should be given the chance to end the game at 10-0, but if he's man enough to continue, why stop pounding the goals in? Just win with as much goals as you can or don't schedule a game with a very weak team.

I wonder what people on coacht were saying in 2004 when science hill beat Boone 26-0

Edited by Chizaggi

who cares about a freakin mecry rule if a team gets demolished then that just tells them that they need to go get better and improve upon their mistakes...or maybe that they need some one else in goal...aither way a mercy rule would only limit a bad team's ability to improve upon their play

I think the losing coach should be given the chance to end the game at 10-0, but if he's man enough to continue, why stop pounding the goals in? Just win with as much goals as you can or don't schedule a game with a very weak team.

I wonder what people on coacht were saying in 2004 when science hill beat Boone 26-0

What country are you from, Chizaggi?

About the same thing... I jumped into this, which I should have known better: The people who are against the mercy rule will never get the "pro" mercy rule believers to change their minds, or vice versa. But it is still a good debate.

Chizaggi, hope your spring break is going well. Good luck next week.

We dont stop it at 3-0. we dont play it at all. that way the weaker team can go schedule a team at their level and so can the stronger team. It eliminates the blow out for each team

not even play? why don't you just kick your players in the nuts?

you don't know, anything can happen in a game. what if you have an upset and end up with a tie or possibly a win? upsets happen all the time, farragut lost to science hill when they were undefeated no one saw that coming but it happened and teams should want to play at a higher level so they can improve.

Chizaggi, hope your spring break is going well. Good luck next week.

BigG, Spring break is going way too good. Theres nothin better than waking up around 1pm. Yea, I think we've had enough rest and can't wait to start playing again next week. Am assuming ur trip to Florida is next week, I wish ur team the best.

ManU721, Am from a small country on the coast of West Africa call Liberia.

Edited by Chizaggi

Farragut lost to Science Hill...who was a pretty good team that year from my recollection, having played in that game. It wasnt like we were beat by Heritage (no offense to their soccer program, but it has been having to improve a lot over the last few years.) If you lust for your 26-0 games so much then why dont you just enter the special olympics and go for it. Or you could show some class and play the other team with encouragement and an understanding that you are superior so you act like the bigger man and take it as more of a pick-up game...they will have more fun losing 6/7-1/2 than 16-0. It isnt hurting anything with your hard work...that is shown in the Bearden/Farragut games, Oak Ridge/Bearden games....the state championship games...does beating up on weaker teams make you any better or worse?...or sell the team short of their hard work by not running up the score?