south-doyle vs. farragut

themakerofsouth01

Any idea why Catapano didn't pitch? :thumb:

It may have been a different story but the endin would still be the same w/ the kees comin out w/ the win...Rob is a very talented pitcher and yes he would have made a difference but...i think the Kees wanted this one more....i dont know for sure y he didnt pitch but rumor has it...they were savin him for bearden so they can get 2nd in the district...but thats just wat i heard from the farragut side tonite...this was a great win the Kees...epsecially after comin off of that bad weekend...they have 4 mroe games this week...and i think they will win all of them....go Kees

Edited by 40yearoldvirgin..?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i saw a few scouts their...not sure if there were ne more but i think there was atleast 3....UT, Kentucky, and Roane State...does ne one know if there were ne more or if those are the ones who were there....by the way...Holland pitched great...and Cody's Grand Slam was awesome and wat makes it even better was it was an Opo homer...to left....wat a shot

SD still has to get it done in the tournaments, but it sure looks like they are finally getting over the hump.

It's a combination of a very talented bunch of SD players and a Farragut team that - at this point - is just not as good as recent teams. I haven't seen a linescore, but don't know what kind of shape Farragut's arms are in following the Sportsbelle. I'm sure that if Tommy had his "druthers" he wouldn't want a key district game on Monday following that tournament. But to go deep in the State you have to have enough pitching to last several days.

Last year SD won their meeting with Farragut at home but still came up short in the later meetings. However this year it looks like Farragut has some work to do.

The notion that Catapano is being held for Bearden might have merit. Maybe he needs some rest.

It may have been a different story but the endin would still be the same w/ the kees comin out w/ the win...Rob is a very talented pitcher and yes he would have made a difference but...i think the Kees wanted this one more....i dont know for sure y he didnt pitch but rumor has it...they were savin him for bearden so they can get 2nd in the district...but thats just wat i heard from the farragut side tonite...this was a great win the Kees...epsecially after comin off of that bad weekend...they have 4 mroe games this week...and i think they will win all of them....go Kees

WHY WOULD FARRAGUT SAVE CATAPANO FOR BEARDEN? BEARDEN HAS ALREADY BEATEN CATAPANO AT FARRAGUT AND DO NOT PLAY THEM AGAIN TILL

4/24.

WHY WOULD FARRAGUT SAVE CATAPANO FOR BEARDEN? BEARDEN HAS ALREADY BEATEN CATAPANO AT FARRAGUT AND DO NOT PLAY THEM AGAIN TILL

4/24.

South Doyle outplayed Farragut from the start, pitched better, hit better and looked like a championship team. My beef with the whole thing is the great coverage the Knoxville News Sentinel gave today. None!!!! I take that back there was a box score. Why would you not cover a key AAA district game that alot of people was interested in?

South Doyle outplayed Farragut from the start, pitched better, hit better and looked like a championship team. My beef with the whole thing is the great coverage the Knoxville News Sentinel gave today. None!!!! I take that back there was a box score. Why would you not cover a key AAA district game that alot of people was interested in?

I AGREE, THE SENTINAL IS USELESS.

Ya we had a big game ginst Karns and there wasnt a word said in the paper. They would rather talk about Girls Softball. Ridicuolous

Cody Haun hit a grand slam home run for South Doyle but Ryan White hit a home run about as hard and far as I have seen one hit over the left field wall. It was a no doubter. I thought the sports page might just mention a pair of home runs and such a good game pitched by Ryan Holland. Anyway, since the News-Sentinel didn't, I thought I would.