Riverdale Classic

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ballerz Elite 17u beat the Celtics 17s 79-74... Very good game between two of the best teams in the state. I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk on here about the game or about the tourney... The Ballerz jumped out to a large lead in the first half, only to have the Celtics come back in the second half. For the Celtics, Gerald Robinson was outstanding, leading the way with 18 points. Centennial's Lamont Harris also played very well, with a number of blocked shots and boards. Jaime Grahm hit two tough shots early, but was very quiet after that...

For the Ballerz, Juwon Long was also outstanding, running the point, scoring, defending, and getting his teammates involved. Riverdale's Kevin Smith led the way with 17 points, and paved the way for a breakout summer. Long had 11, Fulton Co (KY)'s Jeff McClain had 10, as did McNairy's Ken Bingham, sleeper Brighton PG Cataurius Taylor had 9, and Hamilton's Deveyon Hunter had 7 in a balanced scoring effort... Lexington's Reggie Bomar and Liberty's Antwan Long each had 6, and Mt. Juliet's Jeremy Dixon and Liberty's Josh Sain also scored for the Ballerz...

Very intense game between two very good teams...

In other marquee games:

-Midstate Ballerz Select 17u beat Celtics 16s 75-69

Jackson Southside's Ralph Strayhorn led the way with 15 points for the Ballerz. Hillsboro's Ryan Westbrooks had 11 and Memphis Central's Cid Harrell chipped in 10 in a blanced scoring effort in a great win for the Ballerz Select. For the Celtics, Mr. Basketball finalist Demario Williams was outstanding, pacing the game with 22 points. Raphael Gaskins had 13 for the Celtics. Williams was very, very impressive...

-Midstate Ballerz Elite 17u beat Tn Thunder 67-59

Ken Bingham and Juwon Long each scored 16 in a hard fought win over a very scrappy Thunder team. Deveyon Hunter had 11 and Jeff McCalain had 10 as the Ballerz again had four in double figures. Whites Creek's Wil Peters was nearly unstoppable for the Thunder, finishing with 34 points!!! No one else for the Thunder hit double digits, but Peters was a one man wrecking crew. Some top D-II schools are sleeping on this unsigned senior!!!

-Midstate Ballerz Elite 16u beat Tn Thunder 16u by around 30 on their way to a 5-0 tourney

-Tn Tigers 15u made it all the way to the championship game against the Ballerz, and finished the tourney with their only two losses to the Ballerz. The Tigers were very talented and very well coached

-Not sure most of the details on 15u games, but I know Brentwood Grizzlies won it all, beating the Stars, Celtics (I think), and Ballerz (I know that game was by 3)...

Doesn't really matter but the Stars may be the best team. Heard that they was holding a try out during that tournament. They wouldn't have lost to the Celtics but they shot maybe 35% from field and thats unheard of with this group. Also they had two key players missing. Grizzles are a good team but if you dont stop Drew your in for a long night. Scratch what I said about the best......The TN. Tigers played up and they are 15 and TN. Travelers wasn't even there so it really doesnt matter until we get those powerhouses in one gym.