Who are the best players in middle tn on AAU circuit

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrone Caldwell, Ballerz Elite 16u, is outstanding...

Demario Williams, Celtics 16u, is also one of the best in the state...

Gerald Robinson, Celtics 17u, is going to have a huge summer...

These three are obvious...

But look out for breakout summer from:

Kevin Smith, Riverdale HS, Ballerz Elite 17u... Sky is the limit for this breakout player...

Tee Burnett, Riverdale HS, Ballerz Select 17u... huge tourney in his home gym...

Ryan Westbrooks, Hillsboro HS, Ballerz Select 17u... wiry shooter with great work ethic...

Shawn Merriweather, Clarksville HS, Ballerz Select 17u... athletic rebounder with huge upside...

Jeremy Dixon, Mt. Juliet, Ballerz Elite 17u... Adam Morrison style game will explode once he adjusts to summer ball...

Kevin Giltner, Harpeth, Ballerz Elite 16u... Great size, pure shot...

Jamarius Alderson, Clarksville NE, Ballerz Elite 15u... long, athletic, great kid. Can be special...

Lamont Harris, Centennial, Celtics 17u... long, athletic shot blocker with great upside...

Deontray Siske, Franklin, Franklin Rage 17u... very athletic forward with a lot of talent...

Brandon Brown, BA, Tn Mavs... Great size on the wing and smooth game...

Gai, Glencliff, Celtics 16u... long, bouncy (and i mean bouncy) athlete will suprise many...

Tennessee Thunder 16u & 17u I hope you Thunder folks don't mind. I thought I even the playing fields and named some players from your teams that I have seen play or heard about from various sources. (Ex-UKM).

Michael McAdoo, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Antioch H.S.) top five statewide, Middle Tennessee's best player IMHO. Playing up a level has paid hugh dividends. Being recruiting by a host of major D-I schools. Listed by Scout.com, Rivals and other major recruiting services as one of Tennessee's top players. I heard that he was unstoppable in the Smoky Mountain Shootout.

DeMonte Harper, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Whites Creek H.S.) broke out last summer, silky smooth combo guard. Listed by Scout.com and Rivals as one of the nations top players. Being sought after by schools in the SEC, ACC, Big East and Big Ten among others.

Wil Peters, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Whites Creek H.S.) make or break summer. Althought he is a senior, still able to compete on summer circuit the right way. Scored 35 points in one game during the Riverdale Classic. Being sought after by mid-majors and D-II schools, good to see he's leaving his options open.

E. J. Wilcox, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Riverdale H.S.) lightning quick point guard. Sets up his teammates well, a old school point guard, has a awark looking shot, but very accurate from the the three point arc. Outstanding defensive player and will pick your pocket clean if you make a mistake.

Matt Harris, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Brentwood H.S.) pure spot up shooter, knowledge of the game is outstanding. Gives you 100% effort all the time.

Top mid-major prospect.

Marteicus Reed, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (McGavock H.S.) the quickest first step that I have seen in a long time. Outstanding leaper that has improve his game in a very short time. IMO, he will be the biggest surprise of the summer. He has the heart and the desire to be one of the best.

Jon Kinman, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Sycamore) Very mobile for a big man. Has a deadly 15 ft jump shot. Adjusting quite well to the AAU circuit. Becoming more dominant on the boards will be the key for him this summer.

Joseph Coker, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Cheatham Co) raw and inexperiece, but is improving from game to game. Has the proper work habits that is required to become a mid major to D-II prospect.

Marcus Jefferson, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (LaVergne H.S.) this kid can really play the game. Well trained, can take you off the dribble with the best of them. Look for him to really take off this summer. Major D-I prospect without a doubt.

Michael Williams, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Antioch H.S.), streaky left hand shooter with speed and quickness to match, starting to pick it up his game defensively. Has the potential to be a D-I prospect, must continue to improve his defense. Keep a eye on him this summer.

Kyle Upton, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Antioch H.S.), another top player from Antioch H.S. Plays both guard positons with ease. Has top notch ball handling skills. Not afraid to dribble penatrate and mix it up in the paint. Has the potential to develop into a D-I prospect. Keep your eye open for him this summer too.

Scott Newton, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Harpeth H.S.), can play three positions, strong rebounder with a nice outside shot. He does all the little things that coaches love. Wins all the hustle point just about every game.

Carlos Holder, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Hillsboro H.S.), stocky little point guard. Can take you off the dribble or knock down the three. Stepped up and contribute for his school after several players were dismissed from the team.

TJ Shelton, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Hillsboro H.S.), good rebounder, will mix it up in the paint. Starting to become more active, look for him to bring it this summer and establish himself as one of Nashville's most improve sophomores.

Justin Bather, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (LaVergne H.S.), talented player, can play multi-positions, will definitely improve this summer. Must gain more confidence.

Jeremy Williamson, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Antioch H.S.), Nice strong post player. Good rebounder with a nice touch. Has the physical attributes to become one of Nashville's top big man, the sky is the limit for him.

Edited by GoldBolt

Tennessee Thunder 16u & 17u I hope you Thunder folks don't mind. I thought I even the playing fields and named some players from your teams that I have seen play or heard about from various sources. (Ex-UKM).

Michael McAdoo, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Antioch H.S.) top five statewide, Middle Tennessee's best player IMHO. Playing up a level has paid hugh dividends. Being recruiting by a host of major D-I schools. Listed by Scout.com, Rivals and other major recruiting services as one of Tennessee's top players. I heard that he was unstoppable in the Smoky Mountain Shootout.

DeMonte Harper, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Whites Creek H.S.) broke out last summer, silky smooth combo guard. Listed by Scout.com and Rivals as one of the nations top players. Being sought after by schools in the SEC, ACC, Big East and Big Ten among others.

Wil Peters, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Whites Creek H.S.) make or break summer. Althought he is a senior, still able to compete on summer circuit the right way. Scored 35 points in one game during the Riverdale Classic. Being sought after by mid-majors and D-II schools, good to see he's leaving his options open.

E. J. Wilcox, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Riverdale H.S.) lightning quick point guard. Sets up his teammates well, a old school point guard, has a awark looking shot, but very accurate from the the three point arc. Outstanding defensive player and will pick your pocket clean if you make a mistake.

Matt Harris, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Brentwood H.S.) pure spot up shooter, knowledge of the game is outstanding. Gives you 100% effort all the time.

Top mid-major prospect.

Marteicus Reed, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (McGavock H.S.) the quickest first step that I have seen in a long time. Outstanding leaper that has improve his game in a very short time. IMO, he will be the biggest surprise of the summer. He has the heart and the desire to be one of the best.

Jon Kinman, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Sycamore) Very mobile for a big man. Has a deadly 15 ft jump shot. Adjusting quite well to the AAU circuit. Becoming more dominant on the boards will be the key for him this summer.

Joseph Coker, Tennessee Thunder 17U, (Cheatham Co) raw and inexperiece, but is improving from game to game. Has the proper work habits that is required to become a mid major to D-II prospect.

Marcus Jefferson, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (LaVergne H.S.) this kid can really play the game. Well trained, can take you off the dribble with the best of them. Look for him to really take off this summer. Major D-I prospect without a doubt.

Michael Williams, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Antioch H.S.), streaky left hand shooter with speed and quickness to match, starting to pick it up his game defensively. Has the potential to be a D-I prospect, must continue to improve his defense. Keep a eye on him this summer.

Kyle Upton, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Antioch H.S.), another top player from Antioch H.S. Plays both guard positons with ease. Has top notch ball handling skills. Not afraid to dribble penatrate and mix it up in the paint. Has the potential to develop into a D-I prospect. Keep your eye open for him this summer too.

Scott Newton, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Harpeth H.S.), can play three positions, strong rebounder with a nice outside shot. He does all the little things that coaches love. Wins all the hustle point just about every game.

Carlos Holder, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Hillsboro H.S.), stocky little point guard. Can take you off the dribble or knock down the three. Stepped up and contribute for his school after several players were dismissed from the team.

TJ Shelton, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Hillsboro H.S.), good rebounder, will mix it up in the paint. Starting to become more active, look for him to bring it this summer and establish himself as one of Nashville's most improve sophomores.

Justin Bather, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (LaVergne H.S.), talented player, can play multi-positions, will definitely improve this summer. Must gain more confidence.

Jeremy Williamson, Tennessee Thunder 16U, (Antioch H.S.), Nice strong post player. Good rebounder with a nice touch. Has the physical attributes to become one of Nashville's top big man, the sky is the limit for him.

yeah I heard that Mcadoo was good...what position does he play..he's about 6'4 right...

McAdoo is 6'6" or 6'7"he plays the 4 or 5. He'll have to play the 3 in college though.

Yeah, Macadoo has a long way to go to be able to play the 3 spot but he is definitely extremely athletic. Needs to improve ballhandling and shooting first. Gai from Glencliff as Gomab mentioned is a bouncy kid, they call him Yo-Yo. He has only been playing 3 years so he will get better through time.

You have to mention Raphael Gaskins with the Nashville Celtics from Glencliff Class 2008 in this conversation. He is a 6-4 205lb WF. He averaged 15ppg and over 7 rebs for Glencliff this past season and averaged between 14-15ppg, 8-10 rebs, and 3-4 blocks per game at the Real Deal on the Hill. He connected on 2 three pointers in all but 1 of the games played last weekend. Great kid as well.

Another to watch is Judah Akers Class 2009 from Cookeville. 6'0 sharpshooter that was Cookeville HS sixth man. He has range from the parking lot and has grown about 3-4 inches since last summer. He plays baseball but will join the Celtics 16U team in May once he is finished.

I also like Kevin Giltner from the Ballerz 16U Elite squad. Good all-around athlete with a nice perimeter stroke.

Also should mention Jamie Graham and Josh Slater, both of whom had really good weekends at Real Deal. Slater is always underestimated by opponents but is a much better athlete than people think. He jumps very well and has long arms. He probably had 3-4 steals per game over the weekend and was very efficient on offense. Codye Hatcher also had a surprisingly good weekend. He played very hard and smart and, along with Lamont Harris, blocked everything in site.