Best d2 players

DE-LAX

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have a studder? :huh: McConnell didn't impress me much this year.

mcconnel is an amazing goalie i played with him at the butler camp last summer and he did not let many goals in, and we played an allstar team from texas

i would pick mcconnel over the bwood goalie cuz ravenwood ate his lunch

mcconnel is an amazing goalie i played with him at the butler camp last summer and he did not let many goals in, and we played an allstar team from texas

i would pick mcconnel over the bwood goalie cuz ravenwood ate his lunch

Could you be anymore pro-ravenwood?? :huh:

Lets give the Goalies some love now

It is a shame that stats do not mean more for goalies. But even worst that people keep stats incorrectly (hopefully not on purpose). I know this was an issue last year in D-2. For instance, I reviewed one goalies stats (StatsDepot.com) for 2006 and then compared to the opposition’s shooting stats. Only six opponents kept stats/shots on goal, but the difference was incredible.

In six games the team reported 111 saves, but taking the opponents SON of 101 – 54 goals = 47 saves.

That is a difference. (sorry for long post and that numbers don't line up exactly)

Team's Goalie's Stats

SHA SV Goals

24 19 5

23 17 6

32 24 8

29 22 7

25 13 12

31 16 15

TOTAL 164 111 53

vs Opponent’s Offensive Shooting Stats

SON SV Goals

11 6 5

10 4 6

12 4 8

22 15 7

19 7 12

27 11 15

TOTAL 101 47 53

Percentage .323 versus .534

Edited by BankofDad

It is a shame that stats do not mean more for goalies. But even worst that people keep stats incorrectly (hopefully not on purpose). I know this was an issue last year in D-2. For instance, I reviewed one goalies stats for 2006 and then compared to the opposition’s shooting stats. Only six opponents kept stats/shots on goal, but the difference was incredible.

In six games the team reported 111 saves, but taking the opponents SON of 101 – 54 goals = 47 saves.

That is a difference. (sorry for long post and that numbers don't line up exactly)

Teams Stats

SHA SV Goals

24 19 5

23 17 6

32 24 8

29 22 7

25 13 12

31 16 15

TOTAL 164 111 53

vs Opponent’s Stats

SON SV Goals

11 6 5

10 4 6

12 4 8

22 15 7

19 7 12

27 11 15

TOTAL 101 47 53

Percentage .323 versus .534

After reviewing i think i know who's stats those are I don't understand what is wrong....

EDIT: Okay I think I get what your saying...The opponent said there was 11 shots on goal (and I know which game you are talking about) but the other team said there were 24...that 24 comes from the number of saves + the number of goals....is that SHA?

The stats are correct man, in that game there we definitely more than 11 shots.

Edited by BHSLax

Jack Cleary by far best offensive player. I would take McConnell over Catterton. Catterton has more help on defense as well as middies; so you should take a look at the bigger picture before we all decide for sure. Both goalies are solid netminders though.

After reviewing i think i know who's stats those are I don't understand what is wrong....

EDIT: Okay I think I get what your saying...The opponent said there was 11 shots on goal (and I know which game you are talking about) but the other team said there were 24...that 24 comes from the number of saves + the number of goals....is that SHA?

The stats are correct man, in that game there we definitely more than 11 shots.

See the the thing is the stats arent correct they are in fact very incorrect if you watch the tape of the game you will see that there is no way that you could have possibly had 24 shots on goal but i guess its easy to make up numbers when your dad is the coach

See the the thing is the stats arent correct they are in fact very incorrect if you watch the tape of the game you will see that there is no way that you could have possibly had 24 shots on goal but i guess its easy to make up numbers when your dad is the coach

:thumb: uncalled for and definitely untrue

For LSM I'd have to give props to West Knox's guy, I dont know his name, we always called him Ninja Dan, but the guy who wears the doo rag, longs socks, and 20 sweatbands. For goalie I'd go with McConnell. D-pole I think Trey Haley from Franklin who completely shut down Jack Cleary, one of the best attacks (Snider was really good too). For middies I don't know his name but no. 7 for Cordova was good.