Mt Juliet vs. Hickman County

pressman

Very strong effort by both squads...MJ varsity wins 21-14 in a 4 quarter game-type, and JV split two scores apiece in a 10 play-type. Both teams were very enthusiastic and it had a fall atmosphere...very exciting and good working relationship b/tn the two teams. Best of luck to both teams in the upcoming season.

I saw it and personally thought both teams looked good, Hickman County looked much improved both physically (weight room) and in the speed catagorie. Overall I thought Hickman Co. was a better team. They eat up most of the 15 min. quarters and were leading in the third and fixing to score again when their RB fumbled and MJ scooped and scored. Mj looked good throwing the ball and thats how they scored, big plays. Don't know who that receiver was but he was fast and big. They were playing 15 min quarters and i'll guarantee you Hickman co. had close to double the snaps of MJ. They were very strong up front and much more physical. Defensively both teams have some work to do, but for us I thought we looked real good against the run but gave up two big plays in the secondary. I may be wrong but it looked like we two platooned. MJ looks like they have some good athletes. Coach Perry will have that place rolling in no time.

Was AP P, why are you so intrigued about the scrimmage are you a coach? Or does your son play? You seem to have great concern about the various views on HC and MJ? Are you a MJ or HC supporter?

HC... i used to play for them in the 90's and just wanted to know how they are doing

HC... i used to play for them in the 90's and just wanted to know how they are doing

Did you play with Mario Frazier? I was at the Scrimmage Friday....my son played for Portland last year and I remember scrimmaging you all last year. It looks like there has been drastic improvement especially on offense. The offensive line looked really tough. The defense seemed a little subject to the pass. You guys are going to be tough...and the new coach is doing well....is he a defensive or offensive guy?

Did you play with Mario Frazier? I was at the Scrimmage Friday....my son played for Portland last year and I remember scrimmaging you all last year. It looks like there has been drastic improvement especially on offense. The offensive line looked really tough. The defense seemed a little subject to the pass. You guys are going to be tough...and the new coach is doing well....is he a defensive or offensive guy?

i believe an offensive guy.... it is good to here they are doing well

How do you know Mario Frazier? I played with him!!! Portland and HC have had a long history of scrimmaging. Who is your son? Coach Perry is a good coach. How are things going in Portland this spring....are they still in the Wing-T? We are scrimmaging them this August!

How do you know Mario Frazier? I played with him!!! Portland and HC have had a long history of scrimmaging. Who is your son? Coach Perry is a good coach. How are things going in Portland this spring....are they still in the Wing-T? We are scrimmaging them this August!

I just remember in the late 90s Mario was one of the best running backs in 3A. Hickman County also had a great big offensive tackle that played during that time. Is this you? I think he may coach for them now. Good lcuk to you.

I saw it and personally thought both teams looked good, Hickman County looked much improved both physically (weight room) and in the speed catagorie. Overall I thought Hickman Co. was a better team. They eat up most of the 15 min. quarters and were leading in the third and fixing to score again when their RB fumbled and MJ scooped and scored. Mj looked good throwing the ball and thats how they scored, big plays. Don't know who that receiver was but he was fast and big. They were playing 15 min quarters and i'll guarantee you Hickman co. had close to double the snaps of MJ. They were very strong up front and much more physical. Defensively both teams have some work to do, but for us I thought we looked real good against the run but gave up two big plays in the secondary. I may be wrong but it looked like we two platooned. MJ looks like they have some good athletes. Coach Perry will have that place rolling in no time.

Good synopsis, except I would say the physicality of the scrimmage was a half by half thing. First half belonged to Hickman County, Second half belonged to MJ. No doubt both of these teams have been in the weight room. Also, keep in mind MJ dropped a TD pass that Hickman turned into points, and had one int. that should have been caught for a big gain. Hickman's fumble was costly, but things such as these are things that can be corrected in the summer. Regardless, great work for both teams, and certainly both teams will be competitive in their respective regions. As most teams, including Hickman and MJ are concerned, it's even more exciting when thinking about the addition of spring sports players to the roster.

Edited by pressman